Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2020 11:48:58 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with this ammo interesting options for 9mm especially for smaller handguns

I believe they make a 90gram jhp and 115gr jhp with wicked fps times , seems to get good reviews on youtube .

And are an American company out of Nevada .

Also the founder of the company invented the hollow point found that to be interesting .
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 1:52:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Most of the light-for-caliber pistol loadings frag like crazy but completely come apart and fail to penetrate to an acceptable level. Too much velocity for the bullet design.

I can't speak to their specific loading but generally speaking, just pick a 115-124-147gr proven loading and run it with confidence. HST, Critical Duty, Gold Dot, just to name a few.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 10:40:26 AM EDT
[#2]
If "Supervel" is using the Barnes all copper bullets, then they are good to go. If they are using regular cup and core bullets, then I would have to say "NO". Ammoquest did a test on the Barnes 95 grain copper bullet several years ago in short barreled handguns from CorBon. They penetrated to 12+ inches in Ballistics Gel (not Clear Gel) and heavy clothing.

Ammoquest 95 grain DPX
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top