Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2020 12:32:28 AM EDT
Well, my batteries are getting weak in my TLR-1HL. I was originally just going to grab another set of Streamlight brand batteries, but there are tons of options out there in the CR123A size. Any recommendations for the best? I'm wondering how Energizer stacks up vs Streamlight. Any reputable sites to order from? Or have you all had good luck with Amazon. I'm leary of getting fakes on there.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 9:44:43 AM EDT
[#1]
These are some of the best in my experience.  Ray o vac were the worst.     Bonus, found these 3 packs for 11.18 ea at Lowe’s yesterday.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 9:41:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Streamlight, Surefire, Panasonic, Energizer, and Duracell have always been solid for me. I recently bought some Nitecore rechargeables but haven't used them yet, but based on their rep I am sure they'll be great options also.

Edit: I just tried the Nitecores in my X300U. Noticeably brighter than regular Surefire non-rechargeables.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 9:43:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These are some of the best in my experience.  Ray o vac were the worst.     Bonus, found these 3 packs for 11.18 ea at Lowe’s yesterday.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/857/77A9732B-3488-4231-8819-6D855CE2B8D3_jpe-1564820.JPG
View Quote

That's a good deal. Just checked my local lowes and they want $16.78 for that same pack. Is the 'reusable cause" any good?
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 10:01:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Case is good for storage in a drawer is about it.  Not often I need 12 batteries in my pack.

I have some plastic flip top things from amazon that hold 4 of these 123s for the pack.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 10:42:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I ordered a 50 pack of titanium innovations from battery junction for $50

i usually buy a 50 pack every other year.  end up selling most to coworkers.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 2:37:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/857/77A9732B-3488-4231-8819-6D855CE2B8D3_jpe-1564820.JPG
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up on these. They were $16.78 here, but still the best deal I've found on them. I also needed to return some stuff to Lowe's and I'd been putting it off. So I took a trip over there, got my return done, and got these batteries.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 2:39:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's a good deal. Just checked my local lowes and they want $16.78 for that same pack. Is the 'reusable cause" any good?
View Quote

The case they are in really is just plastic like the outside of the package, except for it snaps together. So take that for what it's worth. It's not a nice case or anything like that. It's basically just plastic packaging that is resealable.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:36:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The case they are in really is just plastic like the outside of the package, except for it snaps together. So take that for what it's worth. It's not a nice case or anything like that. It's basically just plastic packaging that is resealable.
View Quote

Kind of what I figured. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 1:04:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, my Lowe's dropped these to $11.18 from the $16.xx that I purchased them for originally. Then I found a $20 off $100 coupon on eBay for a little over $3. It took the price down to a little under $9 per 12 after tax. My buddy wanted the rest of them, so I split them with him and I got a 2nd box while he took the rest of what they had. So if your Lowe's wasn't that cheap, it might be worth checking again.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 11:24:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Duracell and Surefire are hands down the best of all of the 123’s. I used to do a lot of night hunting for predators (like 4 nights a week) and all of my Trijicon thermals and a lot of my laser illuminated used 123’s and they all drain batteries hard. I’d go through 10-12 of them on a short night. The Duracell’s and Surefires significantly outlast everything else, like its not even close. They’re also the only ones that wouldn’t make the thermals do weird stuff and glitch when the battery got below like 1/2. Probably not as critical on a light as the thermals, but it still says a lot about the performance and quality vs the others.

For me the Duracell is the winner between the two since the performance is identical, but shopping around online or Amazon I can buy them in bulk 100 packs for less than half the price of the Surefires. Just make sure you buy from a reputable vendor and not just the absolute cheapest. I went that route a couple times and got batches that some of them were used/drained. Both vendors had feedback from other people saying the same thing and I just didn’t pay attention.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 7:00:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I use Surefires in all my cr123 lights.  Big Tex was running a sale for about half off earier this year so I'd watch them to see what happens.   Supposedly Panasonic makes surefire's batteries & you can get those for a decent price on amazon per 10 ($16).
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I get the energizer 123's from work, and for weapon lights they run pretty well. I make a habit of swapping them out on a pretty regular basis. The used ones go home and get used in flashlights around the house until they are dead...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top