Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2020 3:28:36 PM EDT
Had the shield 1.0 for a while now, always hated how slick it was. Got a hogue grip for and didn't really like it either. Just decided yesterday I should try stippling it; glad I did! I can actually hold on to the thing now. If you're in doubt, do it, much better.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 5:17:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics?

I fixed my slippery Shield 1.0 with Talon grips.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 9:46:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pics?

View Quote
Same here but that look like it would work too.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 9:52:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Not bad, but I don't care for texture under the trigger guard IMO. I usually smoothed that out on M&Ps
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 8:12:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Good job.

Interesting choice.

Clearly, the areas you chose to stipple were not textured in an overly aggressive way, but they were textured. You decided to stipple the textured area and ignore the area inbetween. Many use textured tape on the areas inbetween or stipple that instead. What drove your decision.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 10:08:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not bad, but I don't care for texture under the trigger guard IMO. I usually smoothed that out on M&Ps
View Quote
I may sandpaper that a little bit, not sure yet.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 10:10:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Good job.

Interesting choice.

Clearly, the areas you chose to stipple were not textured in an overly aggressive way, but they were textured. You decided to stipple the textured area and ignore the area inbetween. Many use textured tape on the areas inbetween or stipple that instead. What drove your decision.
View Quote
That's where most of the grip pressure was, so started there to see how it felt. Might do the space in between after I get a feel for it, maybe just less aggressive.

The stock texturing there was way to slippery I felt like.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 4:44:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is exactly what I did with my Shield 1.0 when the 2.0s came out. $6 soldering iron from Wal-Mart and about 30 minutes of my own time. Vast improvement.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 5:39:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I just finished stippling mine as well. It see’s a lot of abuse and has been a wonderful gun. Going to start carrying it daily again.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Pics?  

View Quote

Rubber or Stake Tape ones?
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 6:07:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I used rubber.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top