Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Steyr L9-A2 (Page 5 of 7)
Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 10:18:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if an EPS or Carry would work a bit better to not hit the internals but still give a good dot and rear sight option?
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 11:23:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thesystem:
I wonder if an EPS or Carry would work a bit better to not hit the internals but still give a good dot and rear sight option?
View Quote

That is what I am trying with a C9A2 right now
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 9:46:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stonia] [#3]
I fired a Springfield Echelon at a local demo event the other day.  I was really impressed by it.  It's really too bad that Steyr is so slow it adapt and make any changes.  I really think the Steyr pistols are great, maybe the best polymer 9 out there, but they're being left it the dust.  Even a factory threaded model would be a step.  Right now barrels are priced a $359 (on sale) on their new site.  Seems a bit excessive.

ETA: not getting rid of mine or anything, just wishing Steyr was more responsive to the American market.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 11:42:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Stonia:
I fired a Springfield Echelon at a local demo event the other day.  I was really impressed by it.  It's really too bad that Steyr is so slow it adapt and make any changes.  I really think the Steyr pistols are great, maybe the best polymer 9 out there, but they're being left it the dust.  Even a factory threaded model would be a step.  Right now barrels are priced a $359 (on sale) on their new site.  Seems a bit excessive.

ETA: not getting rid of mine or anything, just wishing Steyr was more responsive to the American market.
View Quote

Agreed, barrel for 359 is a hard sale when the gun is 450 lol. I agree, they need to add an optics cut and threaded barrel. Also use the chassis system.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 7:34:32 AM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

I have a factory threaded M9A1.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:02:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Interesting. I didn't know that they were ever sold in that configuration. I have purchased a couple threaded barrels myself, but a factory option would have been great.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:16:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Interesting. I didn't know that they were ever sold in that configuration. I have purchased a couple threaded barrels myself, but a factory option would have been great.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I bought this one pre-owned but NIB and the barrel serial number matches the frame and slide. It’s the only one I’ve seen in person.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 11:33:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By triburst1:

I bought this one pre-owned but NIB and the barrel serial number matches the frame and slide. It’s the only one I’ve seen in person.
View Quote

May have been a contract overrun as well. Steyr has shipped the M9 is a few odd configurations. There was a contract that gave odd sights and 4 mags awhile back. That company bends over backwards for contracts but won’t give the time of day for civis
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 4:33:37 PM EDT
[#9]
PSA has the C9 on clearance.  Lowest price I've ever seen by far.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 12:04:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Just as a update the L9A2 is on sale at 400, shipped at 450
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 12:23:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Kwisak:
Just as a update the L9A2 is on sale at 400, shipped at 450
View Quote

Awesome. I hit it at that price. I wonder if they're just slow movers or if something new is coming?

I noticed this on the Kenai Gunfigher holster page.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 1:01:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MikeSearson] [#12]
I love Steyr's guns, even though every last model has some quirk to it and they hate their US civilian customers more than HK does.

S9 mags are blocked at 10-rounds almost 20 years after the sunset of the restriction.
You'll crack your AUG's receiver without using the suppressed piston, which is almost never available.
SSG69 bbls are pressed into the receiver and you're limited to what you can do.
Optics mounting options and the extractor.

Still, I love their designs.

The "Bro price" on a test gun was a joke but I wanted to try one suppressed and paid full pop for the threaded bbl.

I wrote it up here:

https://www.ammoland.com/2015/12/steyr-m9-a1-pistol/

I wanted this pistol to run quiet and went back and forth with BT Guide Rods settling on a 22-lb recoil spring to get the gun to reliably cycle heavy subs:

https://www.recoilweb.com/aac-illusion-9-88389.html

That was in April 2016.

At SHOT 2017, the marketing rep company told me I saved their engineering team 7 years with my findings and they had Factory threaded bbls on display in the booth. Unfortunately, I missed the engineers who were at the show by a day or two.

I nor BT Guide Rods have never received a formal thank-you from the company, just found it weird they had gone to market that quickly on something. I have yet to see a factory-threaded M9 in a gun shop and I travel all over the country to gun shops and ranges.

Steyr brought their marketing in-house the following year and I see less and less of them on the circuit.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Awesome. I hit it at that price. I wonder if they're just slow movers or if something new is coming?

I noticed this on the Kenai Gunfigher holster page.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203509/Screenshot_20230802_111936_Gallery_jpg-2905800.JPG
View Quote

Nothing I have heard of, also psa has been doing clearance sales on a lot of firearms lately, most of the cz’s.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 4:03:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#14]
Originally Posted By MikeSearson:
I love Steyr's guns, even though every last model has some quirk to it and they hate their US civilian customers more than HK does.

S9 mags are blocked at 10-rounds almost 20 years after the sunset of the restriction.
You'll crack your AUG's receiver without using the suppressed piston, which is almost never available.
SSG69 bbls are pressed into the receiver and you're limited to what you can do.
Optics mounting options and the extractor.

Still, I love their designs.

The "Bro price" on a test gun was a joke but I wanted to try one suppressed and paid full pop for the threaded bbl.

I wrote it up here:

https://www.ammoland.com/2015/12/steyr-m9-a1-pistol/

I wanted this pistol to run quiet and went back and forth with BT Guide Rods settling on a 22-lb recoil spring to get the gun to reliably cycle heavy subs:

https://www.recoilweb.com/aac-illusion-9-88389.html

That was in April 2016.

At SHOT 2017, the marketing rep company told me I saved their engineering team 7 years with my findings and they had Factory threaded bbls on display in the booth. Unfortunately, I missed the engineers who were at the show by a day or two.

I nor BT Guide Rods have never received a formal thank-you from the company, just found it weird they had gone to market that quickly on something. I have yet to see a factory-threaded M9 in a gun shop and I travel all over the country to gun shops and ranges.

Steyr brought their marketing in-house the following year and I see less and less of them on the circuit.
View Quote

Good info, yeah their marketing is pretty nonexistent. I do enjoy BT gear although he seems to have little recognition in the aftermarket area.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#15]
So might be stupid but Steyr started to sell the green inserts for the pistol on their new site. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 12:20:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hking] [#16]
A few shops have been clearing them out for $350-375, wonder if Steyr is going to discontinue them or if a new model is coming out.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 5:53:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:03:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By triode:
PSA has the L9-A2 MF on clearance for $400.  

STEYR ARM L9-A2 MF 9X19MM SEMI-AUTOMATIC MECHANICALLY LOCKED RECOIL-OPERATED PISTOL, BLK - 78.123.2HO
View Quote

Anyone have the M9-A2 MF for that price?
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:10:09 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

The PSA ad also had the green M9 at $400,iirc.
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 2:00:46 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

So close to grabbing that, but doing a foreign vacation trip next month so trying to stay on my wife’s good side lol. However that is a hell of a price for a good looking gun.
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 5:09:33 AM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

Green is sold out.
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 7:59:43 AM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By triode:
PSA has the L9-A2 MF on clearance for $400.  

STEYR ARM L9-A2 MF 9X19MM SEMI-AUTOMATIC MECHANICALLY LOCKED RECOIL-OPERATED PISTOL, BLK - 78.123.2HO

I checked GunDeals and everyone one else was well over $500, including the one that said add to cart for best price.
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 3:33:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#23]

Green is sold out.
View Quote

Shows back in stock right now, better jump quick
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 3:34:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Hking:
A few shops have been clearing them out for $350-375, wonder if Steyr is going to discontinue them or if a new model is coming out.
View Quote

Doubt it, they have been talking about an optics ready version but then changed the conversation to a aftermarket sleight, which is a terrible idea.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 10:59:19 PM EDT
[#25]
https://www.bereli.com/steyr-arms-m9-a2-9mm-semi-automatic-pistol-4-barrel-polymer-frame-two-17rd-mag-olive-drab/

At this price its so tempting, I had an M9-A1 a few years ago but couldn't adapt to the sights.  The A2 models have a much better grip, if they had an optic cut it would already be mine.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Tan41:
https://www.bereli.com/steyr-arms-m9-a2-9mm-semi-automatic-pistol-4-barrel-polymer-frame-two-17rd-mag-olive-drab/

At this price its so tempting, I had an M9-A1 a few years ago but couldn't adapt to the sights.  The A2 models have a much better grip, if they had an optic cut it would already be mine.
View Quote

PSA’s back up into the mid $600s, but these guys still show the M9 at $375. I think I’d prefer the L9, but at $375 I’d get over it. Anyone dealt with these guys before? They legit?
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 8:20:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By AZYoungGun:

PSA’s back up into the mid $600s, but these guys still show the M9 at $375. I think I’d prefer the L9, but at $375 I’d get over it. Anyone dealt with these guys before? They legit?
View Quote

Bereli is legit and good to go. They tend to have some of the best prices for Steyr. L9 M9 is minimal. You’ll be happy with either.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 9:46:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Bereli is legit and good to go. They tend to have some of the best prices for Steyr. L9 M9 is minimal. You’ll be happy with either.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZYoungGun:

I got tired of PSA constantly jacking with the "clearance" price of Steyr pistols even more so because I could have bought one from them and had it sent to the Columbia store and paid no shipping or transfer fee. They're an hour away and I'm usually in that area at least once a month.

Went with Bereli. It arrived at my FFL transfer guy's place today. Still an hour's drive and had to pay a minimal transfer fee but saved big bucks.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 9:49:29 PM EDT
[#29]
PSA has the C9 on clearance.  Lowest price I've ever seen by far.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203509/Screenshot_20230801_153232_Brave_jpg-2904952.JPG
View Quote

Those sold out almost immediately.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 11:11:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#30]
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:

Those sold out almost immediately.
View Quote

I mean 375-400 for a Steyr A2 is a heck of a deal. I anssume the stock was lower for those. The M and L are far more popular. The C9A2 tends to be less range toy and more edc so I get those going quicker for people who already have a Steyr pistol wanting a new edc. Plus the whole two is one and one is none mentality. These deals are pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 1:46:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#31]
As of right now Bereli has these Steyr pistols in stock. All are $375* shipped free:

C9 (black)
M9 (black)
M9 (OD Green)

The ad on their home page isn't quite accurate. *They still collect state sales tax if applicable. Still a hell of a deal. Mine was $405 OTD and my transfer fee is $10 which was pre-paid a year ago.

Link Posted: 8/31/2023 8:29:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Anyone carrying the C9 or M9 on a regular basis?
If so, what holster are you using?
I got a Wethepeople IWB kydex for my C9 but it's very uncomfortable so I'm sending it back.
Best alternative I could find was a belly band style that holds any size pistol.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By SquatchAv8:
I got a Wethepeople IWB kydex for my C9 but it's very uncomfortable so I'm sending it back.
Best alternative I could find was a belly band style that holds any size pistol.
View Quote

I occasionally carry an M9 in a Vedder Lighttuck. Mostly, I carry it with an X300U in a Raven Vanguard 3.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 11:03:17 PM EDT
[#34]

I occasionally carry an M9 in a Vedder Lighttuck. Mostly, I carry it with an X300U in a Raven Vanguard 3.
View All Quotes

@triburst1
Is that the A1 or A2 version?
I have the A2 but I see that Vedder only lists the A1 variants.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 5:11:32 AM EDT
[#35]
@triburst1
View All Quotes

@triburst1

A1
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 7:30:23 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

I don't carry it regularly, but my ANR designs holster is nice.  I need a flush or flat baseplate or the thing prints like mad on me.  I read somewhere that maybe Arex Delta baseplates will fit?
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 10:01:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#37]
View Quote

Yes, double click, AnR and a shadow defensive.
AnR is good but no light
Double click is a minimalist one and no light
Shadow defensive is a normal ccw holster with light.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 5:07:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Picked up the M9 from my transfer guy yesterday.

Nice.

Bigger and chunkier/wider than I remember my old sold-off M9 being but that's OK.

Right out of the box the grip/frame feels like it was custom-made for my hand. Awesome.

Trigger pull is sweet but yeah, the reset is kinda wonky, isn't it? A range wringing will tell.

Not getting a holster as there's no intent to carry it but I will be getting some more magazines
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 12:07:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#39]
Picked up the M9 from my transfer guy yesterday.

Nice.

Bigger and chunkier/wider than I remember my old sold-off M9 being but that's OK.

Right out of the box the grip/frame feels like it was custom-made for my hand. Awesome.

Trigger pull is sweet but yeah, the reset is kinda wonky, isn't it? A range wringing will tell.

Not getting a holster as there's no intent to carry it but I will be getting some more magazines
View Quote

Reset and lack of optic cut are my big annoyances still, however like you said the a2 grip is pretty darn good. The steyrs have always been a bit fatter to handle the .40 and .357 that apparently they are not doing with the A2 series. So now it’s fatter without the benefit of more calibers. Oh well, still one of my favorite guns. I hope a shop picks it up and starts trigger jobs. Otherwise we only have big tacos striker springs and cups. While those help smoothen the trigger out, it would be nice for some after market love.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 9:40:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#40]
Now I'm looking to get some spare M9A2 mags. I can get them direct from Steyr (along with an extra recoil spring and extractor parts) but seem to be out of stock just about everywhere else except one vendor: GunPrime. Google Reviews of them are mixed...mixed enough to give me pause.

These vendors are either OOS or don't carry them:

Atlantic Firearms (OOS)
Midwest Gun Works (OOS)
Grab A Gun (OOS)
Greg Cote LLC and Lanbo's Armory (don't stock them)
The Mag Shack (OOS)
GunMagWarehouse (OOS)

Link Posted: 9/9/2023 9:08:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Also noticed that this new toy has no cleaning rod nor the bore brushes included even though there are cutouts in the foam lid for them and they're mentioned in the owner's manual. Not a huge deal but would have been nice.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 10:19:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Also noticed that this new toy has no cleaning rod nor the bore brushes included even though there are cutouts in the foam lid for them and they're mentioned in the owner's manual. Not a huge deal but would have been nice.
View Quote

My A1 was the same way.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 12:03:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Now I'm looking to get some spare M9A2 mags. I can get them direct from Steyr (along with an extra recoil spring and extractor parts) but seem to be out of stock just about everywhere else except one vendor: GunPrime. Google Reviews of them are mixed...mixed enough to give me pause.

These vendors are either OOS or don't carry them:

Atlantic Firearms (OOS)
Midwest Gun Works (OOS)
Grab A Gun (OOS)
Greg Cote LLC and Lanbo's Armory (don't stock them)
The Mag Shack (OOS)
GunMagWarehouse (OOS)

View Quote

Well, this is kind of a deterrent, IMO. I haven’t purchased one yet, and while I still want to, an inability to stock up on mags pushes it back a bit IMO. If I can’t get my hands on a minimum of 10 mags, I struggle to justify the purchase (and I’m a lot more comfortable with 15-20 minimum for a handgun).
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 4:26:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#44]
This vendor has them in stock. I have never heard of RTG perhaps someone will chime in. They're in WY.

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/STEYR-A2-MF-9MM-17RD-MAGAZINE-NEW-p11117.htm

Gun Zone Deals also has them in stock. Not familiar with this vendor, either.

https://gunzonedeals.com/product/steyr-magazine-mf-a2-9mm-luger-17-rounds-black
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:19:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stonia] [#45]
This vendor has them in stock. I have never heard of RTG perhaps someone will chime in. They're in WY.

View Quote

I've purchased from the Robert RTG before, via gunbroker and directly via email before they had a decent website.  Never any issues. He's really big in the surplus parts kits and dummy/deactivated munitions niche.

Steyr seems like they have decent sales once and a while, usually black Friday, iirc, to stock up on mags.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:26:42 AM EDT
[#46]

Gun Zone Deals also has them in stock. Not familiar with this vendor, either.

https://gunzonedeals.com/product/steyr-magazine-mf-a2-9mm-luger-17-rounds-black
View Quote

Buds has them for $42.99.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 10:01:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#47]

Buds has them for $42.99.
View Quote

I did a search on Buds and all Steyr pistol magazines are out of stock and there is no listing for mags for the M9A2 series. Can you post an active URL?

ETA: found it. You have to use the drop-down menu listing the mfr. to find it. Just entering info in the main search window won't work:

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/156884/steyr+magazine+mf-a2

At $43 + tax and shipping I'd probably just buy them direct from Steyr.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 10:56:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#48]
View Quote

Manual isn’t great for the a2. It seems to mention the a1 box in this instance, it also seems to mention other calibers, which has never materialized for the A2. For mags, roberts is good to go, you can generally find them for around 35ish. A few times a year they go on sale you may seem them in the high 20s.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:40:35 PM EDT
[#49]
What timing...pistol mags 50% off at Steyr.

Mags
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 7:56:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#50]
What timing...pistol mags 50% off at Steyr.

Mags
View Quote

Damn. I wish I had revisited this thread first. Anyway, Bereli is also selling A1 (10 rd) and A2 (17 rd) mags on sale. Mine were $26.10 each with free shipping so it may work out pretty close to what I'd have spent with Steyr.

ETA: Steyr's shipping (UPS) is $15.50. I spent $7.50 more with Bereli for the same quantity. I can live with that.
Page / 7
Steyr L9-A2 (Page 5 of 7)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top