Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Steyr L9-A2 (Page 3 of 7)
Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 5:17:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I have strayed, ran across a deal on an HK VP9 and I couldn’t resist.

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:54:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#2]
Nothing wrong with that. My wife shoots primarily a 1911 or a vp9. She prefers a 1911, but her instructor shoots a vp9 so she is a fan. Vp9 is a good option and feels good in the hand, although mine is older and not a optics cut version.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 10:04:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kwisak:
Nothing wrong with that. My wife shoots primarily a 1911 or a vp9. She prefers a 1911, but her instructor shoots a vp9 so she is a fan. Vp9 is a good option and feels good in the hand, although mine is older and not a optics cut version.
View Quote

This one doesn’t have the optics cut. But it does have a nice set of night sights.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#4]
As far as I have seen the vp9 has been a good gun. Haven’t run it hard in matches yet but haven’t seen anything to concern me. Then again the only pistol I have seen that ever truly failed hard was a p320. Buddy says it was a fluke, but worries me as it took awhile to remedy it with where the rock got stuck. Also concerns me on the general openness of the omnivore holster. I have run a usp a few times when using the g36k clone without issue.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#5]
FYI, V1 shows 8 M9A2 in stock if anyone is looking for one.  I'd grab one if I had the cash right now.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 1:57:18 PM EDT
[#6]
My LGS had a used L9-A2 MF in it's rack for what I thought was a decent price, and I love hipster guns, so I took it home

Previous owner never cleaned apparently...to be fair it also doesn't look like they put any appreciable number of rounds though it; maybe a hundred or so, max, judging by the carbon under the extractor and on the barrel ramp. Hopefully I can get it to the range soon and try it out.

Is it normal for these things to have a very soft and non-tactile reset? I'd compare it to a BHP reset, but the BHP actually feels better Not a big deal either way; I don't shoot and wait for the reset before pressing again, but it's a little weird these days to have a reset like that.

Also, what do these things come with from the factory normally? Mine came with one mag, two keys for the lock, one large backstrap (I'm assuming large? Certainly fatter than the one that was installed on it)...and that's it. There's a bunch more cutouts in the foam (like for a cleaning rod, etc), but everything was unpopulated/empty in the foam...reading online there's allusions to grip panels and etc as well, none of which came with my example. Am I missing a bunch of crap, or did Steyr stop sending that stuff out with new guns?

Also, no label on the hard case...it looks like there's "03/2021" on the barrel and on the frame chassis, so apparently fairly recent manufacture.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 12:08:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#7]
Originally Posted By Evil_Ed:
My LGS had a used L9-A2 MF in it's rack for what I thought was a decent price, and I love hipster guns, so I took it home

Previous owner never cleaned apparently...to be fair it also doesn't look like they put any appreciable number of rounds though it; maybe a hundred or so, max, judging by the carbon under the extractor and on the barrel ramp. Hopefully I can get it to the range soon and try it out.

Is it normal for these things to have a very soft and non-tactile reset? I'd compare it to a BHP reset, but the BHP actually feels better Not a big deal either way; I don't shoot and wait for the reset before pressing again, but it's a little weird these days to have a reset like that.

Also, what do these things come with from the factory normally? Mine came with one mag, two keys for the lock, one large backstrap (I'm assuming large? Certainly fatter than the one that was installed on it)...and that's it. There's a bunch more cutouts in the foam (like for a cleaning rod, etc), but everything was unpopulated/empty in the foam...reading online there's allusions to grip panels and etc as well, none of which came with my example. Am I missing a bunch of crap, or did Steyr stop sending that stuff out with new guns?

Also, no label on the hard case...it looks like there's "03/2021" on the barrel and on the frame chassis, so apparently fairly recent manufacture.
View Quote

Nice find! Reset is one of 3 gripes I have with it. Aftermarket, reset, and no optics cut. It’s very subtle audible and tactile reset. That said you train with it and it isn’t an issue, never had a problem on the clock. For what comes with the gun.
-2 mags unless early ship had 3 but that was just the ones that came in with the serial number on the trigger module not the frame. If you have two serial numbers one silver and one black next to each other it would be 2.
-2 back straps plus one one the gun, S/M/L
-1 set of side grips plus set on the gun S/L
-two keys for the gun
-box with small lock and key
-cleaning rod
-manual
-other bs papers
It also has a cut out for a ligh and a place you could put some cleaning gear. So two holes on top are blank and there is a spot to remove padding so a light can fit. Those may be blank empty areas. 1st pic is over view, 2nd is everything except the rod. 3rd is difference in small vs large grip
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Nice find! Reset is one of 3 gripes I have with it. Aftermarket, reset, and no optics cut. It’s very subtle audible and tactile reset. That said you train with it and it isn’t an issue, never had a problem on the clock. For what comes with the gun.
-2 mags unless early ship had 3 but that was just the ones that came in with the serial number on the trigger module not the frame. If you have two serial numbers one silver and one black next to each other it would be 2.
-two keys for the gun
-cleaning rod
-manual
-other bs papers
It also has a cut out for a ligh and a place you could put some cleaning gear. So two holes on top are blank and there is a spot to remove padding so a light can fit. Those may be blank empty areas. 1st pic is over view, 2nd is everything except the rod. 3rd is difference in small vs large grip
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/448154/79663B1D-7C86-4303-BFF5-E715F57E64FA_jpe-2027376.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/448154/65C19521-3A6D-4CDE-827A-488CC0763AB1_jpe-2027381.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/448154/74DF24CF-B7C9-4DF5-A6CA-280D264B5FEB_jpe-2027382.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

-two keys for the gun
-cleaning rod
-manual
-other bs papers
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/448154/79663B1D-7C86-4303-BFF5-E715F57E64FA_jpe-2027376.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/448154/65C19521-3A6D-4CDE-827A-488CC0763AB1_jpe-2027381.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/448154/74DF24CF-B7C9-4DF5-A6CA-280D264B5FEB_jpe-2027382.JPG

Awesome, thank you!

"box with small lock and key"?  Oh OH for locking the hard case, I gotcha (or pistol lock, or whatever)...yeah, none of that. Mine does have two serial numbers on the right side, one in the fire control module and the other I think in the grip, so I guess it would only come with two mags total per your description. If that's all the case, the guy who had it before me walked off with two grip panels, one of the back straps, the cleaning rod, manual, and other docs.  Annoyingly I wear XL-sized gloves, so I actually want the L panels all around

I took it out to the range today, only put around 85 or so rounds through it, but I actually really liked it; your hands are NOT moving around on it unless you cover your hands in grease and limp wrist it, and even then I'm not sure it would move around too much...I just wish I had the L panels on it to fit me better. I've already pinged Steyr about picking up replacements.

The sights, however...oof. I'm not sure I like them...the fact you need to have the front sort of triangle protrude/"snap" into the rear sights is kind of slow, to me I didn't have too many problems keeping it all on a 3x5 card at 30 feet or so, but it was by no means quick. Not compared to the P226 or 1911 I was also practicing with at the range this morning. I was really struggling to keep things moving at speed...but, maybe it's just a practice thing.

All in all, it's pretty neat. I don't think I wasted my money on it. If I make any changes, it'll probably be to the sights...but I think I'll play around with it some more before I commit to that.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 7:29:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Assuming it takes the same sights as the A1 series! truGlo are the only aftermarket sights I’m aware of.  I had a set put on an M9A1 and really like them.  Now I need two more sets for a second M9A1 and a C9A1.

Still looking for a shop to mill the slide for an RMR.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Awesome, thank you!

"box with small lock and key"?  Oh OH for locking the hard case, I gotcha (or pistol lock, or whatever)...yeah, none of that. Mine does have two serial numbers on the right side, one in the fire control module and the other I think in the grip, so I guess it would only come with two mags total per your description. If that's all the case, the guy who had it before me walked off with two grip panels, one of the back straps, the cleaning rod, manual, and other docs.  Annoyingly I wear XL-sized gloves, so I actually want the L panels all around

I took it out to the range today, only put around 85 or so rounds through it, but I actually really liked it; your hands are NOT moving around on it unless you cover your hands in grease and limp wrist it, and even then I'm not sure it would move around too much...I just wish I had the L panels on it to fit me better. I've already pinged Steyr about picking up replacements.

The sights, however...oof. I'm not sure I like them...the fact you need to have the front sort of triangle protrude/"snap" into the rear sights is kind of slow, to me I didn't have too many problems keeping it all on a 3x5 card at 30 feet or so, but it was by no means quick. Not compared to the P226 or 1911 I was also practicing with at the range this morning. I was really struggling to keep things moving at speed...but, maybe it's just a practice thing.

All in all, it's pretty neat. I don't think I wasted my money on it. If I make any changes, it'll probably be to the sights...but I think I'll play around with it some more before I commit to that.
View Quote

If they won’t help let me know and I’ll send the L stuff over to you. I have 3 A2 and leave the smaller grips on the C9A2. Lock is just a tiny lock for cases not really for a breach lock. Trijicon makes some standard 3 post night sights. All the A1 series sights work for the A2. Only other gun I really shoot much anymore is my 226 as well. Seems in faster with the steyr but more precise with the 226 although bit by much either way.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 10:24:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Warhawk:
Assuming it takes the same sights as the A1 series! truGlo are the only aftermarket sights I’m aware of.  I had a set put on an M9A1 and really like them.  Now I need two more sets for a second M9A1 and a C9A1.

Still looking for a shop to mill the slide for an RMR.
View Quote

Yep all the A1 series sights will work with the A2. For the rmr unfortunately now that L&M is out of the game (retired) there isn’t a go to for optics cuts for steyr. I have a A1 with a optics cut and was going to take that and a A2 to Wright armory in Mesa Arizona since they are the only place that said they could do it. Just been waiting to find another A2 to do the work on just in case there is an issue I don’t want to lose my only A2, especially since it’s one of the few single serialized A2s. If you need me to drop it off there let me know and they can use it for reference but i plan to drop mine when I find another a2
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:44:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Yep all the A1 series sights will work with the A2. For the rmr unfortunately now that L&M is out of the game (retired) there isn’t a go to for optics cuts for steyr. I have a A1 with a optics cut and was going to take that and a A2 to Wright armory in Mesa Arizona since they are the only place that said they could do it. Just been waiting to find another A2 to do the work on just in case there is an issue I don’t want to lose my only A2, especially since it’s one of the few single serialized A2s. If you need me to drop it off there let me know and they can use it for reference but i plan to drop mine when I find another a2
View Quote

I found a shop in Louisiana that is willing to take on milling a Steyr slide.  But I’m not sure I want to continue to invest in the platform.

http://www.impactmachinela.com/
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:59:56 PM EDT
[#13]

If they won’t help let me know and I’ll send the L stuff over to you. I have 3 A2 and leave the smaller grips on the C9A2. Lock is just a tiny lock for cases not really for a breach lock. Trijicon makes some standard 3 post night sights. All the A1 series sights work for the A2. Only other gun I really shoot much anymore is my 226 as well. Seems in faster with the steyr but more precise with the 226 although bit by much either way.
View Quote

Just got a box from Steyr, who was nice enough to send me all the parts I was missing and a manual as well! And a sticker

It feels soooo much nicer with the proper size grips on

Link Posted: 7/31/2021 2:23:13 AM EDT
[#14]

I found a shop in Louisiana that is willing to take on milling a Steyr slide.  But I’m not sure I want to continue to invest in the platform.

http://www.impactmachinela.com/
View Quote

Any prior experience? Wright armory near me said they will do the same but I wasn’t totally satisfied with the last project they handled for me
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 2:23:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Just got a box from Steyr, who was nice enough to send me all the parts I was missing and a manual as well! And a sticker

It feels soooo much nicer with the proper size grips on

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/22779/IMG_0959-small-2033715.jpg
View Quote

Nice, glad it was taken care of.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 4:44:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Warhawk] [#16]

Any prior experience? Wright armory near me said they will do the same but I wasn’t totally satisfied with the last project they handled for me
View Quote

None, they were recommended by a shop in NH that I was told might be able to do it.  I really think I'll sell my 3 Steyrs and get an optics ready VP9, since I like my other VP9 so well.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 9:55:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#17]

None, they were recommended by a shop in NH that I was told might be able to do it.  I really think I'll sell my 3 Steyrs and get an optics ready VP9, since I like my other VP9 so well.
View Quote

Over in the HK thread there is a link to a optics ready slide for 300 that might fit the bill and still a few of the optics ready long slides floating around. If you do sell a L9A2 let me know, I’m looking for one to do a optics cut and see if it works or if I killed a slide
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 2:56:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Over in the HK thread there is a link to a optics ready slide for 300 that might fit the bill and still a few of the optics ready long slides floating around. If you do sell a L9A2 let me know, I’m looking for one to do a optics cut and see if it works or if I killed a slide
View Quote

I've found an HK slide for $329 on GB.  But I can get my existing slide milled for considerably less.  I have two M9A1 and one C9A1, one of the M9A1s has night sights, and I have a set to install on the other.  The C9A1 I haven't fired yet, and won't be able to for a while yet. (shoulder surgery)
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 10:52:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#19]
Nice find, I do like HK and as for another polymer pistol I like the vp9. It’s a good gun and if my wife ever gets into the red dots I’ll probably get another. Although if I wasn’t shooting the steyr I would be back with the 226/228. let me know if you do put them up on the EE. Although I’m pretty good about searching for steyr and Daewoo gear frequently on here. On a side note apparently someone in the tsa likes steyr. Saw this in  Hawaii Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 8:07:42 PM EDT
[#20]
For sale at Atlantic Firearms

$539
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Picked up an M9-A2 MF today from a local gun shop for $299. Took it home and cleaned it up, appears to be almost brand new. I don't know much about it other than I am not a fan of the triangle sights. What else do I need to know about it? Any common issues? Shot pretty well for me, I was impressed
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 7:32:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By iGottaDropADuce:
Picked up an M9-A2 MF today from a local gun shop for $299. Took it home and cleaned it up, appears to be almost brand new. I don't know much about it other than I am not a fan of the triangle sights. What else do I need to know about it? Any common issues? Shot pretty well for me, I was impressed
View Quote

I've only put a couple hundred rounds through mine so far so I'm still not sold on the sights I need to try them out some more with live fire before I decide I love or hate them...

I haven't run into anything else really, issues wise? One thing I did alter was for my XL hands, it's better if I have the right panel be the large panel but the left panel be the normal/flat panel. Otherwise it really crunches up my fingers with a two handed hold. A flat panel on the left side seems to fix that issue really well.

I just need to find a decent holster for it now..
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 11:48:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#23]
View Quote

Awesome find, best I’ve seen was 475 before the crazy now it’s 550 or more. Triangle sights can be changed. A1 and A2 are the same so trijicon nights sights with three dot are available. Very hard to find a optics cut location but can be done. Mags are easy to find online and big daddy tends to always have some. A1 mags fit into the A2. A1 slides with go onto the A2 but the A2 has a upgraded extractor / frame changes to stop it from breaking when it impacts on the frame so stick with A2 if you can although there are A1 slides floating around from L&M that are pretty good.

negatives here
1 people are reporting the ejection still flips them onto your hat. Mine has been good with thousands of round down but I’ve heard it’s an issue from some so check and wear eye pro just in case yours has an issue.
2 no aftermarket support. A1 holsters won’t work well due to the rail change. Double click makes them for it and they are good to go. Also black trident makes some but they are expensive since they are from Austria. Ranger is done making gear but you can still get some of their weights and there are steel guide rods still being made from them. Optics cuts are a pita but there are some sources.
3 if it’s used you might not have the grip inserts but Steyr will give you some. Be carful if you the recoil reducing springs as they don’t like 115
4 low tactile and audible reset. Train and it’s no issue.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Awesome find, best I’ve seen was 475 before the crazy now it’s 550 or more. Triangle sights can be changed. A1 and A2 are the same so trijicon nights sights with three dot are available. Very hard to find a optics cut location but can be done. Mags are easy to find online and big daddy tends to always have some. A1 mags fit into the A2. A1 slides with go onto the A2 but the A2 has a upgraded extractor / frame changes to stop it from breaking when it impacts on the frame so stick with A2 if you can although there are A1 slides floating around from L&M that are pretty good.

negatives here
1 people are reporting the ejection still flips them onto your hat. Mine has been good with thousands of round down but I’ve heard it’s an issue from some so check and wear eye pro just in case yours has an issue.
2 no aftermarket support. A1 holsters won’t work well due to the rail change. Double click makes them for it and they are good to go. Also black trident makes some but they are expensive since they are from Austria. Ranger is done making gear but you can still get some of their weights and there are steel guide rods still being made from them. Optics cuts are a pita but there are some sources.
3 if it’s used you might not have the grip inserts but Steyr will give you some. Be carful if you the recoil reducing springs as they don’t like 115
4 low tactile and audible reset. Train and it’s no issue.
View Quote

Appreciate all the info! I was wondering if the sights were interchangeable so thats good to know. I actually did have some cases eject straight back over my head which was... interesting. I read good things about Steyr's customer service so ill be sure to hit them up if I need anything but it came with all the grip inserts.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 11:54:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#25]

Appreciate all the info! I was wondering if the sights were interchangeable so thats good to know. I actually did have some cases eject straight back over my head which was... interesting. I read good things about Steyr's customer service so ill be sure to hit them up if I need anything but it came with all the grip inserts.
View Quote

Don’t get me wrong it’s a great gun. I edc a C9A2 and with competitions use the L9A2. M9A2 is bedside. Now the A1 had some issues but they fixed all but one for the A2 which for me was optics ready. If you get a A1 you may try the extractor spring fix and file down the striking point in the frame where the edge of the extractor hits as well as add talon grips. Main downside is the same with all Steyr products is they don’t advertise and so after market parts are hard to find. Ejection is the only thing I would watch for with a A2.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 12:53:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Any problems with the lock thinger?
If so, can that be disabled?
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By meistermash:
Any problems with the lock thinger?
If so, can that be disabled?
View Quote

Never had a issue. Have 7 Steyr pistols with the lock. Never had a problem with it. As for removing it I am going to say probably not and if you did having a hole in the side of the gun isn’t a great idea especially in that location. The lock acts as a push button retention lock for the locking lever as well as a turning physical lock for the pistol. I am really not sure how many thousands of rounds I have used through all my Steyr
Pistols but one I decided to stop cleaning my L9A1 three thousand or so rounds ago and haven’t had a issue. It’s dirty as hell but still functions. I haven’t heard of it ever being an issue either so it’s good to go. I will add when actually turning the lock on its kinda if a pain in the ass and I can’t see it doing it accidentally under any conditions.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 10:29:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Tag because I just bought an M9-A1 and there aren’t any other Steyr threads going.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Think we'll ever see a factory optic cut?  My Steyrs are still my favorite, but wanting to scratch that optic itch on my C9A2.  Steyr really seems to still be behind on accessories as well.  Hasn't been a threaded barrel in stock for a long time.  Forget about any of their other firearm lines (SM12).
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 2:14:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Stonia:
Think we'll ever see a factory optic cut?  My Steyrs are still my favorite, but wanting to scratch that optic itch on my C9A2.  Steyr really seems to still be behind on accessories as well.  Hasn't been a threaded barrel in stock for a long time.  Forget about any of their other firearm lines (SM12).
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 3:27:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Ha, that figures. Looking for C length currently, though.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Ha, that figures. Looking for C length currently, though.
View Quote

I just bought an M length factory threaded barrel yesterday. It was $450 but it came with a free pistol.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 1:18:53 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Yes eventually. When speaking to Steyr I was told it will be on the next generation. However Steyr is working on pistol slide sales now with no eta they are willing to disclose. So yes eventually but as usual no public eta.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#34]
I picked up one of the WeThePeople holsters for my L9A2 and while I haven't tried it at the range just messing with it at home I am pretty disappointed. Seems very flimsy compared to my other kydex holsters and uses a proprietary belt interface that sucks.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 5:24:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#35]
If you want a ready to order I would do double click holsters. If you want a custom one I would do we plead the 2nd. I’ve had my fair share of shitty holsters. Bought a alien gear for a usp 45 since shipping was fast and wanted it for a trip coming up. Huge mistake, very flimsy and the clips would fall off way to easy under hard use. If I have the time I often do a we please the 2nd m. Since I like their designs and they are local, but a ready to go Steyr holster is really black trident or double click. Just a fyi if you need sotmhing custom you can email double click and they will do stuff like sarfsriland fork
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:11:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Steyr's Instagram page today.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:17:21 AM EDT
[#37]
I like it, although a bigger fan of fde style.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 10:28:30 AM EDT
[#38]
I can’t wait to buy one of the new OD A2 grips and throw my A1 parts on it.  Hopefully they release them for sale soon.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 12:12:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By tenchu_74:
I can’t wait to buy one of the new OD A2 grips and throw my A1 parts on it.  Hopefully they release them for sale soon.
View Quote

Is that possible? I know the A2s have the serial number on the chassis but my A1 has it on the dust cover like a Glock.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 9:18:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#40]
Depends on parts, the  slides work on each other. Although if you get a A2 I’m not sure why you would keep much A1 parts on it unless you milled a slide. The A2 grip is a huge improvement and the changes to the A2 slide especially the extractor are very welcomed. Not sure you wouldn’t just keep both unless you had a slide milled you wanted to run.

For the SN, A1 are on the grip, Early L9A2 are just chassis, later L9A2 and all M9A2 and C9A2 are on both. According to Steyr this was done to appease different markets and the chassis system is still the serialized part with the atf.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 1:34:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Fabricated arms came in. The rmr mount I have is a bit high but not that high when compared to the deltapoint any way. Gonna take it to the range tomorrow Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 9:21:35 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Finally got mine the other day.  Now I just need to pick up a L9-A2, and drop a L40 slide with a .357Sig barrel onto it.  
Time to experiment, and see if I shoot better with an A1 or A2 grip.

Link Posted: 7/15/2022 9:23:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Very nice, I like the green
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 9:38:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Still dreaming of having my M9A1 milled for an RMR.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 6:12:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Does Steyr still make the S model? I can't find any information.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Justaturnkey:
View Quote

@Justaturnkey

Steyr no longer offers the S model.  Only the C, M, and L are available nowadays.

Link Posted: 7/24/2022 12:43:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#47]
Originally Posted By triburst1:
View Quote

It can be done. I just had mine done by fabricated arms. I had him do a rmr cut so I could do a conversion plate for a acro
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 12:49:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#48]
Originally Posted By Justaturnkey:
View Quote

As said above, the S9 is done for now. It didn’t make it to the A2 line up and was dropped. You can find S9A1 for sale but no A2. Also the S9A1 was never redesigned after the ban so you are stuck with 10 rounds mags on a gun that should at least be 12 if not more. No one has made a way to remove the plug and replace it. Many started to use the C9 mags with a cover but then there is no point to the S9A1 as you now have a C9. Really the S9A1 could never compete well with the hellcat, ruger, or 365 so I think they will kill it off until they redesign. Mostly do to size, balance, and capacity. Main problem is to make it Competitive they would need to redesign it to the point it would lose compatibility with the A2 line up so I think they are done with it for now since civilian sales have rarely been the motivating factor for Steyr. Honestly I have one but there are better options out there and for a small grip size change you can get the C9A2 with 17 rounds. Also while I like my A1 guns, the upgrades on the A2 especially on the grips and extractor are well worth it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 1:24:29 PM EDT
[#49]

It can be done. I just had mine done by fabricated arms. I had him do a rmr cut so I could do a conversion plate for a acro
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Pics? Price?
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 7:08:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#50]

Pics? Price?
View Quote

Pics are a few posts above. It’s the acro one. The acro conversion plate is rather large in the picture since the ke arms one for some reason is very high, almost 2-3 times the other I got, but I haven’t installed the lower fitting one yet. It’s 100 for the cut but I also did the predator slide cut so total was 300 for me.
Attachment Attached File
Page / 7
Steyr L9-A2 (Page 3 of 7)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top