Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2020 7:27:51 PM EDT
So I ordered a steel recoil spring assembly for my 92A1 and it doesn’t fit the hole in the slide. Tried it in my 9A3 and same thing. Anyone else have this problem?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:57:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 92A1 and replaced the guide rod with the Wilson Combat version.  When I was researching it, I read that the 92A1 and a few others cannot accept the same guide rod a regular 92FS uses.  It's not very well published on most parts websites like Brownells, so I really had to research around to make sure what I was ordering would fit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 9:47:16 PM EDT
[#2]
when using a standard guide rod you need to take the spacer ring off the stock spring assembly or by a steel recoil spring assembly from beretta its around $20 bucks
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 9:57:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
when using a standard guide rod you need to take the spacer ring off the stock spring assembly or by a steel recoil spring assembly from beretta its around $20 bucks
View Quote
I bought the steel 92A1 marked assembly from Beretta. I was wondering if the captive ring needs to be removed.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a 92A1 and replaced the guide rod with the Wilson Combat version.  When I was researching it, I read that the 92A1 and a few others cannot accept the same guide rod a regular 92FS uses.  It's not very well published on most parts websites like Brownells, so I really had to research around to make sure what I was ordering would fit.
View Quote
My 92A1 will fit a Wilson guide rod without a problem. You just can’t use the captured spring.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 9:17:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My 92A1 will fit a Wilson guide rod without a problem. You just can’t use the captured spring.
View Quote
This. Got two.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 6:09:07 PM EDT
[#6]
At least I ordered the wrong ones, I ordered 92A! for my 92 and of course they didn't fit . But you ordered the right one ?
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 6:31:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
At least I ordered the wrong ones, I ordered 92A! for my 92 and of course they didn't fit . But you ordered the right one ?
View Quote
Yeah I reconfirmed my order for the M9A1, the package and plastic bag sticker says M9A1. I’ll probably call Beretta and see wtf.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 11:06:56 PM EDT
[#8]
What was the specific Beretta part number you received?

I ordered one for my 92A1 a few months ago and it fit perfectly. It’s part #C8C582 and the package is labeled “92A1 METAL GUIDE ROD ASSY” with no reference to any other model. I ordered a second one for the parts bin a few weeks back and it’s exactly the same - same number, same part, and it also fits perfectly.

Not sure if this helps or not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top