Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2023 9:02:56 PM EDT
I really want a bronze EDC X9, but are they worth the money? Would I be better off with a Stacatto? Or even another double stack 9mm?

I did own a Prodify w/4.25" barrel. (and this is the barrel size I want to stay with or close to on the next one I buy).
Sold the Prodigy to focus on buying more of my "bucket list" firearms. It was a great pistol, but not a must have for me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 10:13:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I really like my C2. I might look into the CS eventually. The Wilson doesn't interest me though I'm sure it's a fine pistol.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:33:38 AM EDT
[#2]
My friend has an XL and recently bought an EDC X9L, I have a P, and my other friend has a C2.  We all agree that the P/C2 are better shooting guns than the EDC.  The EDC has a weird chonky palm-swell type grip, but not in the good CZ type way.  His specific gun doesn't have a well-blended safety so it digs into the web of your hand when you ride the safety.  We've found the Staccatos to have a better recoil impulse, and the EDC's trigger is heavier than a stock P and comparable to the C2.  

Overall, the EDC is an overrated gun that isn't worth the price of admission.  Even if it cost the same as the Staccato, I wouldn't choose it.  He's been so disappointed in it that he put it on consignment at a shop.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 11:36:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I own both.  I shoot 2011 style guns better.  The EDC grip is a little small for me, so I ordered the long back strap.  I would like to get a long flat trigger, but that's a trip back to Wilson.  They won't sell the trigger.  So if you've got smaller hands, the EDC might work.  But there's also the smaller grip for 2011's that Extreme Shooters offers.  The grips on these are different.  2011's have a more flatter side rectangle style grip, whereas the EDC is more rounded.  Although the new SFX & SFT from WC seem to have the flat side grip since they don't run grip panels.

In all honesty, you'd probably have to shoot them side by side and compare for yourself.  Some prefer the 2011 guns, and some people love the EDC.  The EDC does seem to conceal better than my C2.  And if you dumped your Prodigy that quick, than maybe you need to try the EDC.

But I prefer my C2.  And I'm at a point in my life where I just "buy & try" different guns to see if I like them.  If I don't, I take the $100-$250 loss and move on.

Link Posted: 3/7/2023 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I own both.  I shoot 2011 style guns better.  The EDC grip is a little small for me, so I ordered the long back strap.  I would like to get a long flat trigger, but that's a trip back to Wilson.  They won't sell the trigger.  So if you've got smaller hands, the EDC might work.  But there's also the smaller grip for 2011's that Extreme Shooters offers.  The grips on these are different.  2011's have a more flatter side rectangle style grip, whereas the EDC is more rounded.  Although the new SFX & SFT from WC seem to have the flat side grip since they don't run grip panels.

In all honesty, you'd probably have to shoot them side by side and compare for yourself.  Some prefer the 2011 guns, and some people love the EDC.  The EDC does seem to conceal better than my C2.  And if you dumped your Prodigy that quick, than maybe you need to try the EDC.

But I prefer my C2.  And I'm at a point in my life where I just "buy & try" different guns to see if I like them.  If I don't, I take the $100-$250 loss and move on.

https://i.imgur.com/h2c5n08.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/2pySJxK.jpg
View Quote

I don't have huge hands. I sold the Prodigy only because it I want to focus more on guns I really want like the EDC X9, PS90, etc. Sold off/selling a few for this reason. No sense in having stuff just to have stuff IMO.

Also, I am not thrilled about the all black Staccato thing. Do they not do anything in other colors? I emailed them, but never got a reply.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't have huge hands. I sold the Prodigy only because it I want to focus more on guns I really want like the EDC X9, PS90, etc. Sold off/selling a few for this reason. No sense in having stuff just to have stuff IMO.

Also, I am not thrilled about the all black Staccato thing. Do they not do anything in other colors? I emailed them, but never got a reply.
View Quote

I don’t think Staccato does anything other than black.  Monsoon Tactical can hook you up with any color scheme you want.

Modern Warrior has 10% off EDC X9’s right now.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 11:24:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don’t think Staccato does anything other than black.  Monsoon Tactical can hook you up with any color scheme you want.

Modern Warrior has 10% off EDC X9’s right now.
View Quote

Staccato finally replied saying nothing but black. Bummer.

Link Posted: 3/8/2023 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Here's some pics from Monsoon.

Monsoon Tactical 2011/1911 Cerakoting

Link Posted: 3/8/2023 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Which vendors are likely to have good pricing & stock on an all bronze EDC X9 with light rail & optic ready? (4" barrel)
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 5:21:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Which vendors are likely to have good pricing & stock on an all bronze EDC X9 with light rail & optic ready? (4" barrel)
View Quote

I'd just keep checking Modern Warrior, since they're running 10% off.  Or GB & 1911addicts forum.  MW started charging tax on March 1'st unfortunately.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 12:42:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Check out Vulcan Machine.  They cut my C2 and offer plenty of color options last I checked.  I was really happy with the experience.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 10:25:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Had both.

Would go Wilson if you’re just getting double stack 1911 styled gun. Wilson is a bit more “classy” styled whereas staccato is a bit more “tactical” style.

Wilson pros:
1. Mags are more reliable and cheaper. Although I didn’t have much issues with my G3 staccato mags or atlas mags.
2. Out of the box trigger is better on Wilson
3. Out of box grip is better on Wilson
4. Safety is way more tactile than staccato.
5. Flush fit and crowned barrels on wilson which aesthetically pleasing.
6. No dumb beavertail safety like on staccatos.

Cons:
1. Aftermarket. It has some, but not as much as staccato.
2. A bit more expensive up front. But you’re someone who actually shoots and trains with their guns and you have 10+ mags, you’ll make up for costs with Wilson’s more inexpensive mags.

Staccatos are great for aftermarket, and if you eventually get a different one like a nighthawk or atlas etc. you’ll already have mags and most likely holster that fits.

Either way they are both good guns. You can’t go wrong with either. They each have their own ecosystem.

A couple people have mentioned the grip being issues. Remember that is pure opinion. I’m 6’1” with largish hands. I think the grip is WAY better than anything staccato has ever put out. In fact the worst thing about the staccato is the grip, grip safety, and on the P and C2 models, the trigger.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:43:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/h2c5n08.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/2pySJxK.jpg
View Quote

@dump1567
Did you find the large back strap made much of a difference? I’ve been on the fence about ordering one.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:52:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn, double shot
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 12:00:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

@dump1567
Did you find the large back strap made much of a difference? I’ve been on the fence about ordering one.
View Quote

A little, but it doesn’t really do anything for trigger reach.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 12:28:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

A little, but it doesn’t really do anything for trigger reach.
View Quote

I just wanted a little longer grip and not as rounded of a profile. It just doesn’t seem like the .100 larger back strap would make $100 of difference in size.

I’d probably like the SF better but can’t swing one right now.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Had both.

Would go Wilson if you’re just getting double stack 1911 styled gun. Wilson is a bit more “classy” styled whereas staccato is a bit more “tactical” style.

Wilson pros:
1. Mags are more reliable and cheaper. Although I didn’t have much issues with my G3 staccato mags or atlas mags.
2. Out of the box trigger is better on Wilson
3. Out of box grip is better on Wilson
4. Safety is way more tactile than staccato.
5. Flush fit and crowned barrels on wilson which aesthetically pleasing.
6. No dumb beavertail safety like on staccatos.

Cons:
1. Aftermarket. It has some, but not as much as staccato.
2. A bit more expensive up front. But you’re someone who actually shoots and trains with their guns and you have 10+ mags, you’ll make up for costs with Wilson’s more inexpensive mags.

Staccatos are great for aftermarket, and if you eventually get a different one like a nighthawk or atlas etc. you’ll already have mags and most likely holster that fits.

Either way they are both good guns. You can’t go wrong with either. They each have their own ecosystem.

A couple people have mentioned the grip being issues. Remember that is pure opinion. I’m 6’1” with largish hands. I think the grip is WAY better than anything staccato has ever put out. In fact the worst thing about the staccato is the grip, grip safety, and on the P and C2 models, the trigger.
View Quote

I actually pretty much agree with what you said there. Both are good imo, and very accurate and reliable. I like the Wilson mags better, and they are significantly cheaper. Not a fan of the grip safety on the Staccato or any 1911/2011 for that mater. I prefer the sight picture on the Staccato over the Wilson. I've put a bunch of rounds through both, but I can't really recommend one over the other. I think it really comes down to the shooter and what they prefer. Get whichever one you like and shoot the best. I don't think you can really go wrong with either one assuming it fits you and you shoot it well.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 9:43:34 PM EDT
[#17]
If the Wilson was optic cut it would be better. Not sure if Wilson extends will warranty for secondary owners but Staccato says they will not.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 11:31:18 AM EDT
[#18]
I’m seriously considering an optics ready Wilson SFX. It seems like they kept the best features of the 1911 design and ditched everything that sucked like the internal extractor and grip safety.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 8:00:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If the Wilson was optic cut it would be better. Not sure if Wilson extends will warranty for secondary owners but Staccato says they will not.
View Quote

You can get the Wilson with an optic cut
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 6:02:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You can get the Wilson with an optic cut
View Quote

I had just looked last night and saw you could. I'd prefer to find a used one though.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Here's a heck of a deal on an Experior with optic.  The Experior is basically an EDC lower on a traditional 1911 slide.  Under 3 hours left.

Wilson Combat Experior Starting Bid
$2,300.00

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#22]
After deciding not to spend the money on a Wilson because they all go bang, it looks like I'm doing it anyway. Made a deal with a local seller on a EDC X9.

This a couple weeks after I ordered a stealth arms platypus since they all do the same thing and they are just range choice for me Oh well I'll either keep both or sell one lol
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
After deciding not to spend the money on a Wilson because they all go bang, it looks like I'm doing it anyway. Made a deal with a local seller on a EDC X9.

This a couple weeks after I ordered a stealth arms platypus since they all do the same thing and they are just range choice for me Oh well I'll either keep both or sell one lol
View Quote

Very cool, basically the 2 most interesting 'alternative' 2011 designs. Now you just need DWX for the trifecta test.
look forward to your impressions of them.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 4:13:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Very cool, basically the 2 most interesting 'alternative' 2011 designs. Now you just need DWX for the trifecta test.
look forward to your impressions of them.
View Quote

Unfortunately, (or fortunately for my wallet), the DWX doesn't do anything for me
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Broke my EDC X9 in yesterday & not sure if I'm keeping it or not. Nothing wrong w/the pistol itself. Just might not be the one for me. Which will be very disappointing with how badly I wanted it
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Broke my EDC X9 in yesterday & not sure if I'm keeping it or not. Nothing wrong w/the pistol itself. Just might not be the one for me. Which will be very disappointing with how badly I wanted it
View Quote

I remember getting my EDC x9, I thought it was going to be the gun, after the very first mag I knew I fucked up. Drove 2 hours to demo a STI DVC-C and ordered one after I got home from the range.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Ended up selling the EDC X9. Just didn't shoot it well
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 4:53:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Not surprising.  My friend bought a X9L and it was one of the most disappointing guns I've fired.  Everything about a base Staccato P was better, not "better for the money" but actually better.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#29]
I've had several C2's and I still have a 19 P. I picked up an EDC X9 today. The X9 feels like a Glock 19 with a nice grip. I plan to shoot it next week.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 9:24:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Played with the Wilson, it was a great gun, but that one jammed a lot. Wasn’t impressed. I am looking to put down on a staccato.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 9:54:37 PM EDT
[#31]
My Wilson SFX9 and Experior have had zero issues.  Ditto with my Staccato C2 and P.   Love shooting them all, especially the P.  Its steel frame and threaded barrel really absorb the recoil.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 4:55:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I've had several C2's and I still have a 19 P. I picked up an EDC X9 today. The X9 feels like a Glock 19 with a nice grip. I plan to shoot it next week.
View Quote
I shot the EDC X9 yesterday. 200 rounds without a hitch.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 1:41:27 PM EDT
[#33]
I have both a Prodigy and a Staccato P.They shot very similarly and track identically. If you didn’t love the way the Prodigy shot, you may not love the Staccato. My Staccatos have been 100% reliable, the Prodigy took a little work to get it there. When it’s running, I can’t tell the difference in the guns. I got amProdigy with a decent trigger.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 2:08:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I really want a bronze EDC X9, but are they worth the money? Would I be better off with a Stacatto? Or even another double stack 9mm?

I did own a Prodify w/4.25" barrel. (and this is the barrel size I want to stay with or close to on the next one I buy).
Sold the Prodigy to focus on buying more of my "bucket list" firearms. It was a great pistol, but not a must have for me.
View Quote

I own and carry both.
I have the EDC x9 in bronze
They are both worth the money IMO
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:53:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have both a Prodigy and a Staccato P.They shot very similarly and track identically. If you didn’t love the way the Prodigy shot, you may not love the Staccato. My Staccatos have been 100% reliable, the Prodigy took a little work to get it there. When it’s running, I can’t tell the difference in the guns. I got amProdigy with a decent trigger.
View Quote

My Prodigy was great. I have a Stealth Arms Platypus being built. If I don't end up liking that, I'll either get another Prodigy or try the new Kimber that will be out later this year
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 8:46:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shoots smooth and accurate.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top