Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2021 4:09:31 PM EDT
Anybody have one of these.  I was thinking about picking up a Colt CCO when I found out about these.  I think they have an officer frame.  Whats the thoughts on these in 9mm, or should I stick to 45acp?

Regards.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 4:32:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I had and carried one for 2 years.  Right out of the box it ran 100%.

It also shot 8” left at 15 yards with the rear drifted all the way over and had a mediocre trigger.   Called SA, got a return label and shipped it back.  Got it back in 6 weeks, they cleaned up the trigger and somehow got it shooting to POA with the rear centered.

Still ran 100%, with several different types of ammo.   Carried and shot it a lot for two years, but in the end I just never liked the short grip.  Accuracy was just OK.  4-5” at 15 yards.  Not really good enough for me.  
 Found a colt Clapp commander I liked and carry that now.  Just a bit bigger, twice as accurate and just as reliable .

I never really liked the RO recoil system, although it worked well.
You need their C clip on the guide rod for takedown.  I did learn how to do it without the clip, but it was a pain.

Decent gun, just wasn’t for me.  I think it was under 800.00 back then.
Some pics.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one in 9mm. One of my favorite guns to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 4:47:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I need to try a 9mm, always a 45 for me.  Seems like a good match for an officer size .
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#4]
One of the cheapest CCO options out there. Also look at RAI as they now offer one.

I got one wanting to try the concept out. It's nice.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 6:12:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I had one I really liked. Tuned up. Had the barrel flush fit, slide tri topped, green laser grips. Shot great but I found that if I was going to holster up a 1911 a full size was about as easy.

That was a few years ago. Shopping for another now
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 10:57:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a Range officer compact .45. Ran 100% and I shot it more accurately than my range officer operator. I didn’t like the short grip so I sold it but it was an excellent pistol.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 1:35:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Other down side of the RO Compact is that it's 4" bull ramped barrel and dust cover on the frame is slightly shorter than true Colt Officer's frame. Probably don't matter to most of people that run it as is. But if you are the type trying to find alternative recoil system, it is limited.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 7:39:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I have both in 9MM and 45, I originally bought the 45 on the used market, wasn’t sure if I would like it but I got such a good deal on it I couldn’t pass it up, fell for it right off the bat, so I ended up buying a 9MM as well.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:45:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Glad to hear the good feedback. I have one on the way - will be my first 1911
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 12:28:47 AM EDT
[#10]
The factory recoil spring assembly works pretty well.  That gun should have more felt recoil than it does in .45.
Other than a shitty frog lube experience, mine ran 100%.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 12:58:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I have the RO elite compact in .45. I threw a magwell on it and some 7rd wilson combat mags and I typically carry that or my glock 43. It has run 100% will all types of ammo after 8-900 rounds. I bought it because I found it for a screaming deal...
10 months later,  it is probably my favorite handgun.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 5:26:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Buy it second-hand, OP. Don't give your money to gun grabbers.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:02:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buy it second-hand, OP. Don't give your money to gun grabbers.
View Quote

QFT

I like Springfield products but will only buy them on the secondary market due to their shenanigans in Illinois a few years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top