Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2018 8:41:36 PM EDT
Recently was at my local gun store browsing the goods to kill some time between appointments. Recently have decided I wanted to add another 1911 to the collection. Already own two (Sig 1911 that was a deployment pistol & a Kimber Ultra CDP II)and have owned many more including two highly customized Norincos which I regret getting rid of.

While browsing, debating whether I want a full size, commander, of officer I stumbled across an older Springfield Armory Compact 45. This isn't one of the newer models with dovetailed front and rear sight, this one was obviously older with a weirder looking thumb safety, staked front sight, and a NM serial number (IIRC). It also appeared to be an all steel gun as opposed to an aluminum frame gun.

Came with just one magazine, store was asking $550 OTD.

Decided I was interested but wanted  to do some more research instead of flying by the seat of my pants. Doing my research, I get flooded with search results about the new model Compacts not the older ones.

Only thing I've been able to find so far has been this article

I know we still hate Springfield but I was willing to learn to love again

Well I went back on Friday and it was still there. They also had a Springfield Ultra Compact carry that had just been put out not long before that. I felt both of them up, but I preferred the longer sight radius of the 4" gun. Didn't have the modifications I would want, but I can always send the slide off to Novak for sights

Was a different crew working today as well, was able to talk them down a little further and get the pistol for $525 OTD no tax. Due to Christmas coming up, placed it on layaway. I'm in no rush for it right now anyways as I've got other projects I need to finish up

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 10:57:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top