Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2018 3:48:40 PM EDT
Tried some google, but everything I came across said sold out...... LGS had strange white bulk boxes of "Speer 954226 9mm 147 grn Training HP Ammunition".

Google says it is Speer Gold Dot 2.

350 rounds for 129.99. The guy at the store (yeah, one of those the guy at the gun store said........) said that is Gold Dot 2 that was made for a LEO agency that Speer could no longer fill orders for. So they ended up in this strange packaging, with this weird sticker on it and at this price.

Was this a good deal? They have more of it so I might go grab some more if it is. I went to the store looking for some HST 147grn. Does this stuff perform at or near that level?

Thanks,

Dave
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like I found my own answer here on ARFCOM search. Guess I bought some expensive practice ammo since this is the stuff with the gel in the bullet cavity. Live and learn. The LGS guy strikes again! HAHA
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 10:19:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, really expensive training ammo.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 5:26:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked some up not long ago FBI-54227 147 gr also has the gel , its in plain white box with Speer L/E sticker .  I think mine was 15 for 50 rd boxes .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top