Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2020 6:51:56 PM EDT
As much as I like the old fashion old west belts I was wanting to know is there anyone who makes a drop leg holster made of Kydex for a Ruger Blackhawk in 45LC?

I liked my drop leg holster I'm used to the draw of it I can work and it stays out of the way until needed. Yes, it could go with the old west style leather yet making sure it does not dry out and the abuse it will take from the brush does not make it the most optimal material.

Also cost I know I'm going to pay for Kydex but it will last longer than leather.

I'm also open to other options. This is going to be used for a Ruger Blackhawk in 45lc 4.58 barrel would have liked alien gear to make something for this but guess single actions are not their thing along with 45acp in SIG P320.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 3:06:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a few of these. When I don't want to endanger my sweet Lawrence leather rigs, I will carry my Ruger Vaquero in this. Sometimes the Single Six. Sometimes the Glock 23. Sometimes the Glock on the right side, the Vaquero on the left filled with snake shot.

I paid about $20 less for my 3. (My wife likes to use one sometimes when we're out too.) I don't use the quick disconnect buttons.
Took them off and use belt loops that can be used with regular, mil style, or pack belt. Also, they are adjusted to ride higher on the thigh.

That's what is so nice about them, pretty much any pistol, either side, on any belt. They're thick enough to protect the gun in the bush and to be comfortable on your leg(s).

https://blackhawk.com/nylon-omega-vi-universal-ambidextrous-drop-leg-holster/
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a few of these. When I don't want to endanger my sweet Lawrence leather rigs, I will carry my Ruger Vaquero in this. Sometimes the Single Six. Sometimes the Glock 23. Sometimes the Glock on the right side, the Vaquero on the left filled with snake shot.

I paid about $20 less for my 3. (My wife likes to use one sometimes when we're out too.) I don't use the quick disconnect buttons.
Took them off and use belt loops that can be used with regular, mil style, or pack belt. Also, they are adjusted to ride higher on the thigh.

That's what is so nice about them, pretty much any pistol, either side, on any belt. They're thick enough to protect the gun in the bush and to be comfortable on your leg(s).

https://blackhawk.com/nylon-omega-vi-universal-ambidextrous-drop-leg-holster/
View Quote

Awesome! I have been having a hard time trying to find any even custom non leather drop leg holsters!

I see photo but no one will say who makes them! Yet the holster you showed me will it seems work will all my pistols and wheel guns! Thank!

I'd still like to find a nice hard kydex holster. But this we'll work for what I need!

I know leather is all the single action pistol thing! Yet why not updated? There is better material than leather.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow no one makes a kydex one?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:53:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I've never heard of a kydex holster for single actions of any kind except for chest holsters.  You might try Gunfighters.inc since they make kydex chest holsters like the Kenai.  It's not that big of a stretch to go from a chest holster to a drop leg.  The design and parts used (kydex holster, nylon webbing, plastic buckles) for their holster are the same as you need, they are just configured a little differently.  It would be worth asking them about and their prices seem pretty good on top of that.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:24:16 PM EDT
[#5]
This cat makes them on EBAY for OWB. He may be able to adapt one to your needs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOLSTER-BLACK-KYDEX-FITS-RUGER-BLACKHAWK-WITH-4-5-8-BARREL-Excellent-design/233577837480?hash=item366252f3a8:g:MAIAAOSwGotWsDQ~

A quote from his ad:

I make one of if not the best holsters available and it is a proven fact. I have been in the gun business for over 30 years. I take much time making adjusting and getting each holster as perfect a fit for the person and the weapon as possible. I know guns and how to make a great holster that looks good designed around each weapon for best Concealability and fit. There are no extra bulk or rivets that are only there because it is easier to make and I don't pump out half quality holsters just to get them out the door if they aren’t perfect to my standards they don’t go out. My holsters are each made as if they were my own and as perfect as I possibly can. I have seen everything out there at one time or another and have owned most. That's the reason I started the business. I was never satisfied with any holster I purchased either for quality fit or looks.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:06:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOLSTER-BLACK-KYDEX-FITS-RUGER-BLACKHAWK-WITH-4-5-8-BARREL-Excellent-design/233577837480?hash=item366252f3a8:g:MAIAAOSwGotWsDQ~

A quote from his ad:

I make one of if not the best holsters available and it is a proven fact. I have been in the gun business for over 30 years. I take much time making adjusting and getting each holster as perfect a fit for the person and the weapon as possible. I know guns and how to make a great holster that looks good designed around each weapon for best Concealability and fit. There are no extra bulk or rivets that are only there because it is easier to make and I don't pump out half quality holsters just to get them out the door if they aren’t perfect to my standards they don’t go out. My holsters are each made as if they were my own and as perfect as I possibly can. I have seen everything out there at one time or another and have owned most. That's the reason I started the business. I was never satisfied with any holster I purchased either for quality fit or looks.
View Quote

Thanks that might work if he is willing to modify it a little so that so that I can mount one of Safariland quick release system on the back then buy the drop leg system!
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 3:33:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

A quote from his ad:

View Quote

I have sent several emails to this guy asking about making a hoslter that would allow me to use safariland quick release system even told him I'd send him the quick detach part so he could drill the whole in the right place.

After 5 message I guess he is doing well enough to not answer me or take a custom order.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top