Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2020 10:46:39 AM EDT
My kids love their new G44.  It loves federal bulk pack and has been problem free.

I want to replace the sights with fiber optic sights.  Do I just buy some that fit a G19?  Is there any special precautions on the plastic slide?

Ive been looking at sight pushers on Amazon.  Are they any good?
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 11:12:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, buy what works for a G19. Glock has said many times you can do that.

I use a vise and a brass punch on my regular G19, So I would venture a guess it would work on the G44.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, buy what works for a G19. Glock has said many times you can do that.

I use a vise and a brass punch on my regular G19, So I would venture a guess it would work on the G44.
View Quote
Everything I've heard from Glock says you can't replace the sights on a G44 due to the plastic slide. Have you seen something that says otherwise?

You could probably try it, but you risk damaging the slide in the process.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Multiple videos where they had talked to Glock reps and said you can... same with dryfire. You can dry fire a G44 all day.

Too many folks getting hung up on polymer dovetails and steel sights... Most folks pick a sight, install it and leave it on the gun...

I would be concerned if you were replacing the rear every week with your "Sight of the Month club"

but a one time change it and move on, I'm not seeing an issue, on a gun chambered in .22LR.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 2:22:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I have swapped mine.

The slide is mass sensitive. Reports of folks replacing sights with steel and gun not working.

I replaced the front with a G19 Dawson FO. the mass difference is < 1 gram difference so nothing burger.

On the rear, folks who used G19 Steel reported some <38 grain ammo not working. The Dawson rear is like 10+ grams difference.

I decided to go with the Dawson G43 rear black, it is only 4+ grams difference, since it is narrow and lower. I used the MGW pusher to push it in. Just be careful to not slice your slide.

Mine still functions 100%, but I have only tested CCI/SV and CCI/Blazer.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 3:43:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:01:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have swapped mine.

View Quote
Would you mind telling me which front sight hex tool you used? Both of mine have "walls" too thick to fix down inside the channel and turn the screw. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:05:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Would you mind telling me which front sight hex tool you used? Both of mine have "walls" too thick to fix down inside the channel and turn the screw. Thanks in advance.
View Quote
I used the Dawson tool that comes with the Dawson sight.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:24:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I used the Dawson tool that comes with the Dawson sight.
View Quote
Understood. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#9]

added an old Ameriglo front sight I put Fluorescent green paint on and the rear sight, I removed that white plastic U, filled in with epoxy, and painted flat black.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I put truglo fiber optics on the pistol.  The gun runs fine with them installed.  The factory rear sight was in there extremely tight.  Amazon sight pusher got it out just fine.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 9:04:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm probably going to put a Dawson Precision fiber optic front on mine and leave the factory adjustable rear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top