Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2024 12:27:20 PM EDT
I recently bought a P365X and, though I haven't gotten used to the trigger as of yet, I like the gun. The biggest problem has been the difficulty in loading the 12 round magazines. Even with a loading device the mags are next to impossible to load. I've been loading various mags in 9mm and .45 for many years and these are by far the most difficult. Is there a trick to it, do they 'break in' or is there a special loading device to make it easier. I have a Browing HP, a Sig P239, a 9mm Shield M2, Hellcat Pro 9mm, Ruger Max9 and several .45's and none are even close to the difficulty of loading these mags
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 1:16:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the same gun and the same issue with loading the mags. I shattered my right wrist years ago and lack strength in my hand. I used the Magula to load them at first. After being fully loaded and cycled they loosen up a bit to where you don't need the device.

I did read where there is some possible binding with the follower that wears in and reduces the force to load. Mine broke in fine over time.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#2]
IME, the last two rounds in any of the 365 magazines, (365, 365X/XL, 365 Macro) have all been incredibly tough to load right out of the box.
However, they have all loosened up over time and use.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 3:09:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: harpua] [#3]
Get a maglula loader and place the mag base on a hard surface. They are pretty easy to load using that technique
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 9:59:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I use this  and it works good.

Link Posted: 2/16/2024 2:49:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By harpua:
Get a maglula loader and place the msg base on a hard surface. They are pretty easy to load using that technique
View Quote

This it really does work well.  As mentioned all P365 mags the last rounds are difficult to load but get better the more you use them.  If you look where the last round is in the window you can see how much compression you are getting on that spring.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 3:11:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Nobody69s:
I use this  and it works good.

View Quote

I use a similar loader that came with my Hellcat Pro but it is still very difficult to load.

I broke down and ordered a Maglula.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Best 30 or so bucks you ever spent especially if you shoot a lot of pistol.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 7:07:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I broke down and bought the MagLula and yes it it amazing for loading mags.

Next question is where can I buy extra mags for the P365X.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 7:39:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Jacketch:
I broke down and bought the MagLula and yes it it amazing for loading mags.

Next question is where can I buy extra mags for the P365X.
View Quote

I have gotten most of my mags from GunMagWarehouse been the best price I could find.  They sell all the variations I have been buying a lot of the 17rd mags lately and got two extra XL/X mags with my new XL and I got two with my X.  Now I only need two standard P365 10 round mags when I get a standard frame and probably a few more 17rd mags.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#10]
get them full.

Leave them that way.  Shoot um.  They will free right up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top