Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2022 12:19:18 PM EDT
Hey all, hoping for some insight here. Does anyone carry this model? How does it carry? I've never carried with an optic before, so I'm wonder what that's like. Also any feedback on this choice as an EDC would be appreciated!

https://www.sigsauer.com/p365x-romeozero.html
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 12:33:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I recently bought the 365XL with the Holosun Optic.  I have been carrying the Sig P938.  I have not carried the 365 yet because your presentation, draw to aim/shoot, changes.  I have to practice some more before carrying the 365 optic. The optic just doesn't line up like the irons, at least for me, when my muscle memory takes over with the optic , then I will carry it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 8:55:22 AM EDT
[#2]
They carry easily and you won't really even notice the optic at all but there is certainly a learning curve in acquiring the dot on the draw.  In the course of a few days and several hundred presentations it should become almost automatic.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out Sage Dynamic's Red Dot you tube videos,
there's a ton of helpful info there.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 12:02:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you very much for the replies gentlemen. Very good information  - thanks again.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 12:07:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I recommend buying a model that doesn’t include the Romeo zero, and instead purchasing a holosun 407(507)K. It’s just a better optic.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 3:54:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I recently bought the 365XL with the Holosun Optic.  I have been carrying the Sig P938.  I have not carried the 365 yet because your presentation, draw to aim/shoot, changes.  I have to practice some more before carrying the 365 optic. The optic just doesn't line up like the irons, at least for me, when my muscle memory takes over with the optic , then I will carry it.
View Quote

What part of "Does anyone carry this model?" was confusing for you?
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What part of "How does it carry? I've never carried with an optic before, so I'm wonder what that's like." was confusing for you?

He gave very valid feedback in regards to carrying with an optic. It is a slight change of how presentation works with an optic compared to iron sights.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 2:56:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Sig 365XL with a RDS. Very easy to carry. You will not notice the RDS. This model has the best grip angle to pic up the RDS IMO.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 4:35:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a "X" and an "XL" both with the Holosun 507 and lights on them. I carry both appendix with no issue.
I did find that I prefer the Kydex holsters over the leather or the soft versions. Especially that close to the boys.
My XL uses a Devito holster and my X is in a Tuxton Tactical.  Both great holsters.
good luck OP.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 12:08:49 PM EDT
[#10]
My experience was that the pistol with optic carried effortlessly without any change to my usual habits.  That said, I just took the Romeo Zero off of the slide and will revert to irons, not being able to overcome the learning curve to utilize them properly.

This a fine EDC pistol, accurate and reliable, enhanced by a Wilson grip frame and a Magguts magazine modification.  I have not had a single malfunction with it.

The optic issue may be a classic case of old dog / new trick syndrome.

Link Posted: 7/16/2022 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I love the gun. I have the XL version. dont even notice the dot when carrying. skip the plastic romeo dot though. sold mine for $75 here and got an all metal holosun 407K. much better.

ETA also my best handgun for grip angle as posted above. ymmv and all but for me its perfect.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 6:35:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Red dots are in areas of a gun that don’t really poke you or stick out weird. I imagine it wouldn’t work with pocket carry but otherwise go for it.

I bought an Xl with a shorter grip to carry. It has since grown to be a favorite snd shot often.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I carry the 365XL with a holosun. It carries fine. I carry AIWB and rarely OWB 3 o'clock or so, and the optic makes zero difference. It doesn't touch skin or really change the printing in either position.

The optic takes some practice to get the dot to come up immediately, more practice than getting irons to do the same in my experience, but it makes it much easier to shoot well especially if you take a moment to focus on performing a proper trigger press.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Red dots are in areas of a gun that don’t really poke you or stick out weird. I imagine it wouldn’t work with pocket carry but otherwise go for it.

I bought an Xl with a shorter grip to carry. It has since grown to be a favorite snd shot often.
View Quote

This....I took this pic for another red dot thread.  This is a 365XL with 507k red dot taking a pic as straight down as I could.  Still not sure why the pic shows the dot so big....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top