Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2021 8:21:39 PM EDT
I have the chance to buy an all matching ( mags not numbered )  s/42 1937 Luger in about 90 percent condition with a holster and take down tool for 1500. Fo or no fo.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 8:24:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Post pictures if you can first.

A ton of fakes out there
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have the $ and think it's in good shape I would jump all over that.
Like stink on shit.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 1:30:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you know the seller?  If it's as you say and the bore is in good condition then it's definitely "fo-able"  That would normally sell for about $1700-$2000 on Simpson LTD
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 11:30:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hans_Landa:
Do you know the seller?  If it's as you say and the bore is in good condition then it's definitely "fo-able"  That would normally sell for about $1700-$2000 on Simpson LTD
View Quote

I do know the seller , one of my friends from work . I took a look at it about a month ago and everything looked good. The bore had good rifling , no pitting but was a tad dark, definitely shootable.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 11:43:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hans_Landa] [#5]
Originally Posted By home_alone1:

I do know the seller , one of my friends from work . I took a look at it about a month ago and everything looked good. The bore had good rifling , no pitting but was a tad dark, definitely shootable.
View Quote

Fo and don't look back
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By iasc300ia:

A ton of fakes out there
View Quote

This is why l won't buy one. Afraid of getting a fake
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Mav3rick:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iasc300ia:

A ton of fakes out there

Not really. Accessories? All day long. Pistols? Not so much. Embellished histories manufactured through faux stamps and bogus provenance here and there, sure. With a bit of research those are easy to pick out. Browse forums and pick up a book or two if you want to avoid mistakes. It's not too hard. Stick to places like Legacy if you want to but in confidence and minimize effort but expect to pay a premium. Better to give the more experienced and trustworthy sellers a bit more profit than gunshop "X" who bought the piece for pennies, doesn't know anything about it (but assuredly is an "expert"), and equates waffenamts to dollar signs.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 9:55:37 AM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

99% of standard military issued Lugers I see for sale are correct. Only high end pieces have a slim chance of being "fake".
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 7:13:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I would jump on it.  I bought one a few years ago, and have no regrets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top