Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2018 2:08:32 PM EDT
Anybody installed one of these? Not sure how easy it would go in.

Any results with it
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anybody installed one of these?

Yes, a few

Not sure how easy it would go in.

Are you comfy with taking everything but the mag release out of the gun, including everything out of the slide?

Any results with it

It does what is advertise. its short and damned near perfect.
View Quote
Dont do just the SRS, do trigger spring, recoil, and hammer spring.
Polish everything in it while there.

doing the race hammer, disconnect, and sear is option. Its not a bad idea at all.

DO all that WITH a set of Dawson sights, and it is pretty damned near a perfect pistol.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 6:38:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Dont do just the SRS, do trigger spring, recoil, and hammer spring.
Polish everything in it while there.

doing the race hammer, disconnect, and sear is option. Its not a bad idea at all.

DO all that WITH a set of Dawson sights, and it is pretty damned near a perfect pistol.
View Quote
I'll echo all of the above.  I've replaced all the parts in a PCR except for the hammer with CGW internals and Dawson sights.  It's easily my favorite gun to shoot.

Close seconds are my P-09 and P-07, both with the full kit upgrades.  They're also excellent, but the results in the omega lock work guns isn't as good as in the classic '75 design IMO.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#3]
My first upgrades on a new or new to me CZ have always been the same. From CGW: SRS-2, TR-PIN, and RP-TRS plus a lighter recoil spring. When you have it apart polish up everything and install the new parts. It will be a huge improvement over stock with about $100 of parts.

I start with that always after a bit of a new break in period to make sure it works stock correctly. Most would be happy with that, but after upgrading my first they all get a new hammer and disconnector eventually.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I did the SRS-2 on my 75BD and the trigger spring/pin it made a big improvement but I plan some day to add the hammer also from CGW.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 11:00:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I did the SRS-2 on my 75BD and the trigger spring/pin it made a big improvement but I plan some day to add the hammer also from CGW.
View Quote
I dunno if you want that. BUt I will throw n my 2 cents

I just tuned 3 CZs, last week. 4 in the last 2 months.

SP-01
P-09
P-01
75C

75C got the full race gun kit, including the race hammer. Super smooth, except for half cocked click in the trigger, reset is outstanding. Only complaint, pre travel on DA, and SA, more than I would like, compared to a 1911.
1.8 'ish on SA, 3.7 on DA. Very happy with it.

P-09, same kit, almost the same numbers, and again more pre travel than I would like. Still a fantastic action.

Enter the P-01. I really liked the length of pull, zero pre travel, reset was crisp, and easy, but wanted it a bit shorter. I also wanted the SA and DA as close to the above. All my CZs are around 2 on SA and 5 ish on DA.
So, I got the SRS1, new springs......ALL springs. Everything inside was mirror shine like. I left the disco and hammer alone on this, as there were no polished hammer I liked and wanted to pay for. I got this one shiney as a mirror. SO it was staying.
What I ended up with, was a 3ish SA, 6ish DA, stupid smooth, almost no noticeable half coked click or wall. DA  pull length is just about 2mm more than perfect, but can stay as I have ZERO pre travel, very tiny reset to wall for the reset, stupid crisp. Spot on actually.

I did the same for the SP-01, except I wanted to see what the adjustable sear would do to it. So, I took the sear assy out of the 75C, and swapped it into the SP-01. Not really any changes, almost exact copy of the P-01.

This leaves two things I need to figure out.

What does the disconector from CGW actually do? I am almost positive the Race hammer reduces most of the LOP, but adds in pretravel and reset travel. It also adds in a LOT of wall at halfcock...that drives me nuts.
I am guessing the disco aides in the LOP and may reduce some of the pretravel.

I am going to go though my new to me 75B ( the high polished Cartel CZ) and see what all it has and toss in the stainless race hammer, and dicsco. I will report on that later.

So, thats what I got for ya.

I would love to take one of my spare parts OEM hammer and smooth out the half cock just to see if it would work on the CGW race hammer.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 8:38:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I took a brand new cz sp01 having only ever taken the slide off and only owning/working on glocks for the last decade, in about 3-4 hours I converted it to SAO, all Cajun parts and Dawson sights. It's going to be my comp gun for all of next year. A lot of the youtube videos suck and it took several different searches to find out exactly how it all works and goes together correctly.

extended firing pin
removed firing pin block
10 lb recoil spring
dawson sights
Adj sear
cajun sear spring
cajun race hammer
lifter spacer
cajun flat trigger
polished trigger bar(longest part)
blue hammer spring
purple grips

I'm tempted to get another and convert it to the srt/ full kit but I don't know if I'll get into anything more than steel challenge next year.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 2:08:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I completely forgot I had started this thread until just now.

I am comfortable taking things apart but tend to get nervous the first time. I have fully disassembled a 1911, my glocks, and various ARs and revolvers.

I might splurge and get all the parts and just tear into it sometime.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 11:18:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

SP-01
P-09
P-01
75C

75C got the full race gun kit, including the race hammer. Super smooth, except for half cocked click in the trigger, reset is outstanding. Only complaint, pre travel on DA, and SA, more than I would like, compared to a 1911.

P-09, same kit, almost the same numbers, and again more pre travel than I would like. Still a fantastic action.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

SP-01
P-09
P-01
75C

What hammer spring weight is being used in the 1.8/3.7 lb 75C? Is the firing pin block still intact? That seems super low except for some highly tuned Shadows running light weight hammer springs for Federal primers only

P-09, the Omega system even after upgrades is always going to have a longer pre travel. It just seems to be the nature of the Omega trigger system.

Quoted:

Enter the P-01. I really liked the length of pull, zero pre travel, reset was crisp, and easy, but wanted it a bit shorter. I also wanted the SA and DA as close to the above. All my CZs are around 2 on SA and 5 ish on DA.
So, I got the SRS1, new springs......ALL springs. Everything inside was mirror shine like. I left the disco and hammer alone on this, as there were no polished hammer I liked and wanted to pay for. I got this one shiney as a mirror. SO it was staying.
What I ended up with, was a 3ish SA, 6ish DA, stupid smooth, almost no noticeable half coked click or wall. DA  pull length is just about 2mm more than perfect, but can stay as I have ZERO pre travel, very tiny reset to wall for the reset, stupid crisp. Spot on actually.

I did the same for the SP-01, except I wanted to see what the adjustable sear would do to it. So, I took the sear assy out of the 75C, and swapped it into the SP-01. Not really any changes, almost exact copy of the P-01.

This leaves two things I need to figure out.

What does the disconector from CGW actually do? I am almost positive the Race hammer reduces most of the LOP, but adds in pretravel and reset travel. It also adds in a LOT of wall at halfcock...that drives me nuts.
I am guessing the disco aides in the LOP and may reduce some of the pretravel.
With the slide off have you looked at what happens during a SA and DA trigger pull? The disconnector is used in the DA trigger pull. It is also responsible for the length of the SA trigger reset. If you want to reduce the SA reset and remove (or greatly reduce) the pretravel take up in SA replace the disconnector. If you want to reduce it to the absolute most get an oversized disconnector from CGW and hand fit it. I have hand fit three of them in my own CZ's (SP-01, safety Rami, and a P-01). All three of mine if you reset the SA trigger and let off the trigger completely it doesn't move. As soon as you start pulling in SA the FPB lifter starts moving and then the shot breaks. The drop in disconnectors made a noticable improvement in the SA reset length, but it was night and day when I took the time to hand fit one. I will say I won't do another on a decocker equipped CZ because that sucked and really tried my patience.

Quoted:

I am going to go though my new to me 75B ( the high polished Cartel CZ) and see what all it has and toss in the stainless race hammer, and dicsco. I will report on that later.

So, thats what I got for ya.

I would love to take one of my spare parts OEM hammer and smooth out the half cock just to see if it would work on the CGW race hammer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top