Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2022 1:57:26 PM EDT
Currently run glocks but I’d like a rig for shooting suppressed. I haven’t heard good things about shooting glocks with a can.
I was curious how a sig 320 shoots suppressed. Anyone have experience with it?
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 2:12:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Full size P250 here running P320 threaded barrel, booster and Griffin Bushwacker 46. Big can but runs fine with no issues. Edited to add I primarily shoot heavy subs, Fiocchi 158, some 147's. Runs pretty damn good considering hammer fired.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 2:23:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I shoot my Glock and p320 with an obsidian 9. At first I tried the silencerco barrels which worked well in the Glock but had barrel to slide fitment issues in the sig. I ponied up for the oem sig threaded barrel and now it's been great.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 2:26:13 PM EDT
[#3]
What bad things do you hear about suppressed glocks?
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 3:15:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That's what i'd like to know. Have the same setup to use on my G17, haven't had any problems to date on that either. I use the CAM-LOK on both FWIW
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#5]
The only thing I’ve heard is that they are louder than others.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 3:30:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve run one with an obsidian 45.  It runs great with a standard slide.  I can’t get it to run suppressed with an optic, even with a spring kit.  From what I’ve heard, it’s partially due to the angle of the front of the barrel hood.  That being said, it’s really a lot of fun to run suppressed, even without an optic.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 5:34:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's what i'd like to know. Have the same setup to use on my G17, haven't had any problems to date on that either. I use the CAM-LOK on both FWIW
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reliability issues with a Glock 19?
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The only thing I’ve heard is that they are louder than others.
View Quote
My G19 Gen4, for some reason, likes to drag a bit with the can. Slide won't finish traveling forward until trigger reset. Probably a simple fix but it doesn't "like" a can. G21(g3) and G22(g4) are honey badgers suppressed though.

I haven't run a lot of suppressed through my P320, but at least a couple boxes with both an Osprey .45 and Obsidian 9, with no functional issues.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Run my glock and 320 suppressed no changes other than barrel no problems.
Can is a Griffin Optimus and cam-lock.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 10:39:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a P320 X-Compact (pieced it together with an FCU) with a Sig OEM threaded barrel that I paired my Obsidian 9. I only have around 100 rounds through it with the can, and maybe 50 without. I just picked up the can last week, and did some shooting over the weekend. The recoil is less snappy with the can. I had two or three failures to feed. I feel like I need a bit more ammo through it with the can to judge it. I should have also cleaned it after the first box was shot through it, so there’s that as well…
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 3:59:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I been running gen 3 19 and 17, and gen 4 19 with a Omega 36M with no problems. My 150gr sub reloads sound like a pellet pistol. I run a booster and Silencerco barrels.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 9:28:03 PM EDT
[#12]
P320 Compact with RMR and Sig threaded barrel and Obsidian 9 - stops short of going into battery by 1/4" fairly regularly.  Just bought a new recoil spring kit, so we'll see.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 11:56:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Weak going back into battery. Mine sometimes needs a tap in the back of the slide. Stronger RSA fixed it.

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 12:02:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Weak going back into battery. Mine sometimes needs a tap in the back of the slide. Stronger RSA fixed it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That affects all handguns.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 12:50:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That affects all handguns.
View Quote

Got a few 9mm hosts; p226, p30, and the glock. Between the 3 the g19 was the only one with the problem. Havent tried the g17 yet.

Granted, my 1911 does it when dirty but the p220 runs like a top.

For 9mm sig and hk were by far the bestest IME

Link Posted: 6/24/2022 8:34:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

More gas to the face. Lock time/cycling issues if your can is gassy. I find my Tirant 45M to be gassy but more pleasant to shoot on my Glock 17 gen 4 than my Tirant 9M.

Put any 9 mm can on a HK P30S V3 or even a HK VP9 and you will see a huge difference.

As an aside, I just bought a Sig M18 myself and want to know how people run theirs suppressed.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 8:37:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

For 9mm sig and hk were by far the bestest IME

View Quote

Agree 1000%. Sig P226 can’t be beat….except by the HK P30 of course
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 2:16:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Aftermarket threaded barrels, especially precision fit barrels, can have cycling issues because they are too tight.  I had this issue with my G21/GM-45 and corrected it with a spring kit, moving up to a spring slightly heavier than OEM.  The symptom: the slide would not go fully back into battery after feeding a new round, until the trigger was released.  Fired every time, but not a comforting thing.

With my G19 and G26 (GM-9), I had to make my sub 147 loads at max in order for the pistols to cycle.

For the Sig P320RX full size, I had a GM-9 on it that ran 147 subs with no issues.  My threaded barrel was a Brownells.  The barrel moves quite a bit when it unlocks, so the threaded barrel has to extend beyond the muzzle more than required on a Glock.

It makes a full sized pistol pretty long with the can mounted.  Not great, not terrible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top