Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2018 12:30:41 PM EDT
I did the finish work on this parts Luger.  The barrel is NOT a Navy barrel as it has a short height front sight block.  A taller front sight blade was used to get it to shoot to POA.  BEFORE and AFTER pictures.  Just a fun range gun.

Link Posted: 10/5/2018 1:36:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks very nice. I have a mix parts Luger and a long barrel and I'm thinking of trying to set up an artillery.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 2:01:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome!

Is the Navy model what everyone in the Imperial Navy carried? There wouldn't have been a 4" P.08 on a WWI U-boat (but a WWII Kriegsmarine U-boat would have them), correct?
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 2:35:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish I had a sweet range Luger like that, but I only have a rare banner mauser that is only one of five issued to a german police unit in WWII that my grandpa took off one of them.

Link Posted: 10/6/2018 2:43:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Was your grandpa fighting German police in Germany? Or were they part of a mixed military unit somewhere?
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was your grandpa fighting German police in Germany? Or were they part of a mixed military unit somewhere?
View Quote
It was a surrender. My Grandpa was a Lt, and took it from the Captain, so the story goes...
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 2:51:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Very cool!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordnungspolizei
Generally, the Order Police were not directly involved in frontline combat, except for Ardennes in May 1940, and the Siege of Leningrad in 1941.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top