Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/18/2021 9:11:29 PM EDT
Ordered the 3 pack with their stainless mag release and was excited to go to the range and be let down.

The rounds rattle around in the mags and I had 3 stovepipes with 3 different ammo manufacturers ammo. (winchester wb, ammo inc. and steel cased Winchester USA)

These mags and the release are going to the EE, anyone else having this ?

I downloaded one mag to 12 rnds put it in the gun, hit the slide release and STOVEPIPE.

WTF, thought these were the bees knees....

ETA: My mags are 2nd gen & the gun is 2-4 months old and has functioned perfectly with factory mags. I'm 45 yrs old, been shooting for many years.
I'm fairly certain I couldn't have screwed anything up by replacing the mag catch, I have looked at everything from every perspective I can think of. I feel like I gave the mags a thorough mix of every ammunition I could throw at em , this 43x is my EDC and these mags have to be reliable. I put 6 different brands of ammo thru the gun on that visit.

15 rnds at 75 ft (farthest distance at indoor range)

25 ft had a couple flyers.

Link Posted: 11/18/2021 9:20:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 12 SA mags. All run 100% through a couple thousand rounds now.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 9:29:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 9:33:52 PM EDT
[#3]
My g43x shield mags run perfectly.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:27:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:00:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I had issues with my Gen 1 mags.  About half way through the mag, the gun would jam on the nose of the bullet.

I emailed them and they mailed me the newer springs.  I haven’t really tested them out to see if that fixed the issue, but instead just went back to the OEM mags…

Maybe in the future I will try them out again.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 9:08:00 AM EDT
[#6]
There’s a gigantic, 56 page thread about these mags. I’d recommend adding your experience there:

Glock 43X/48 Shield Arms 15 round mags flush fit
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 9:38:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There’s a gigantic, 56 page thread about these mags. I’d recommend adding your experience there:

Glock 43X/48 Shield Arms 15 round mags flush fit
View Quote

I'm aware of that ,yes sir.

However , my eyes aren't as good as they used to be and trying to skim thru 56 pgs of material to to find the answer to my particular question seemed a bit of a chore.

I'm a lazy deplorable American did you expect me to read 56 pages ?

Link Posted: 11/19/2021 9:40:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm aware of that ,yes sir.

However , my eyes aren't as good as they used to be and trying to skim thru 56 pgs of material to to find the answer to my particular question seemed a bit of a chore.

I'm a lazy deplorable American did you expect me to read 56 pages ?

View Quote

Mine stovepipe too every, time I hit the mag release.

Junk.

ETA: Saw your edit.  Makes more sense.

Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#9]
This thread does nothing to promote my confidence in Shield mags.

I've got a half dozen of these mags still in packages because of....
I suppose fear they will flake if that moment ever reared it's head.

I've never trusted any mag for carry outside of factory mags.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#10]
From what I’ve seen, those mags are the Glock  equivalent of 9mm 1911s.

On the internet, they work 100% for a lot of people.

At the range, Ive yet to see any make it all day without choking.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 7:50:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This thread does nothing to promote my confidence in Shield mags.

I've got a half dozen of these mags still in packages because of....
I suppose fear they will flake if that moment ever reared it's head.

View Quote

I ordered and received a bunch of them, maybe 8 or 10, I have to go back and look

At the time I was caught up in the frenzy of you could not find them and people were selling them for $200 each ().....

I also ordered the SA mag release, what a piece of crap....It finally dawned on me, I bought the 43X to be compact and light, and while the idea of having 19 rounds in chute sounds good, I will stick with the OEM mag and 10 rounds of ammo....same as I have been using for years with the G26.

As noted by @NTXGlocker I will stick with OEM internals and OEM mags for my carry firearm
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 2:39:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My g43x shield mags run perfectly.
View Quote

Same, gen 1s and 2s
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I ordered and received a bunch of them, maybe 8 or 10, I have to go back and look

At the time I was caught up in the frenzy of you could not find them and people were selling them for $200 each ().....

I also ordered the SA mag release, what a piece of crap....It finally dawned on me, I bought the 43X to be compact and light, and while the idea of having 19 rounds in chute sounds good, I will stick with the OEM mag and 10 rounds of ammo....same as I have been using for years with the G26.

As noted by @NTXGlocker I will stick with OEM internals and OEM mags for my carry firearm
View Quote

Yeah, I'm on the wagon with you all now, back to factory. I'm competent and confident with my 11 rnds.

Fuck shield arms ,sent them an email with a link to this thread. It doesn't really matter to them tho ,they already got my $$.

I think I may send them their shit back or either make a video running over em in my truck, or shooting them or you all got any ideas ?

I can't sell them to anyone , at least not with a good conscious.

Link Posted: 11/20/2021 12:28:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Hmm, I have several with thousands of rounds through them with no issues. I am comfortable carrying them. They take the 43x to a new level. Sorry yours don't work.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 1:22:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Maybe load them and unload them several times to get the springs inside to loosen up a bit.  I have had new mags in the past need a little exercise before they fall in and are 100% reliable.  Load them up to max and leave them loaded at night I usually do this on new mags before shooting them.  I have had issues with mag extensions and new springs on my G43 not x and once I shot the pistol and loaded the mags over and over at the range the springs I guess settled in.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#16]
If you are serious about hating them that much Ill buy them off you.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 1:42:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Maybe load them and unload them several times to get the springs inside to loosen up a bit.  I have had new mags in the past need a little exercise before they fall in and are 100% reliable.  Load them up to max and leave them loaded at night I usually do this on new mags before shooting them.  I have had issues with mag extensions and new springs on my G43 not x and once I shot the pistol and loaded the mags over and over at the range the springs I guess settled in.
View Quote

I have had these mags longer than I had the gun. They have been loaded and unloaded several times.

I just took the gun to the range to try them BEFORE I started carrying it with the S15 mags.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 1:42:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If you are serious about hating them that much Ill buy them off you.
View Quote

SOLD , IM me.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

SOLD , IM me.
View Quote

@Achilleas

I am getting ready to put mine up for sale in the EE and will be upfront and may reference my comments in the EE ad.

Link Posted: 11/21/2021 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I have 2 of their mags. They have been flawless with both FMJ and 147 gr HSTs.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 4:29:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

@Achilleas

I am getting ready to put mine up for sale in the EE and will be upfront and may reference my comments in the EE ad.

View Quote

@77Bronc

Absolutely sir.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Shield, sent them an email with a link to this thread.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I wonder how many rounds a steel glock 17 mag would hold?
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 6:59:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you aware that most magazines are made for gun manufacturers on contract by outside magazine makers? A factory magazine is just an aftermarket magazine the gun designer/manufacturer decided is good enough to include with the pistol.

ETA: I’ve been using gen 2 SA mags since they became available. They get used by myself and every member of my family. Many range trips. Zero malfunctions.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Are you aware that most magazines are made for gun manufacturers on contract by outside magazine makers? A factory magazine is just an aftermarket magazine the gun designer/manufacturer decided is good enough to include with the pistol.

ETA: I’ve been using gen 2 SA mags since they became available. They get used by myself and every member of my family. Many range trips. Zero malfunctions.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do they always lock the slide back when empty? Do they always drop free?

Link Posted: 11/21/2021 9:05:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I wonder how many rounds a steel glock 17 mag would hold?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:15:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Do they always lock the slide back when empty? Do they always drop free?

View Quote

They do drop free. I did have 2 incidents of the slide not locking back on an empty mag.

I wasn't too concerned with the not locking the slide part , it's the stoppages I can't get past.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:23:15 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't have 1000s of rounds through mine but they have worked good for me. I thought making threads to bash a manufacture before they get a chance to address your issue was frowned upon here.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 3:43:01 AM EDT
[#28]
They are TRASH.  Between Gen 1, Gen 2 mags - we've yet to find any without issue.  Stovepipes/double feeds/etc - I've never seen a worse aftermarket mag.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 3:48:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Mine work. Their plus five extensions not so much.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 8:50:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I don't have 1000s of rounds through mine but they have worked good for me. I thought making threads to bash a manufacture before they get a chance to address your issue was frowned upon here.
View Quote

Wasn't aware of that, I also don't feel like I'm JUST bashing them.

I asked a legitimate question to see if anyone else is having these issues.

This is simply MY experience, nothing more.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 8:51:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They are TRASH.  Between Gen 1, Gen 2 mags - we've yet to find any without issue.  Stovepipes/double feeds/etc - I've never seen a worse aftermarket mag.
View Quote

This is bashing , LOL
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#32]
I had a set of five of SA mags.  All of them were the gen 2 mags.  The mags didn't click into place with the SA mag catch in my G43x.  I contacted SA and they told me to first, take a picture of the mag catch in the gun.  So I did that.  Then they asked me to send everything back to them with their prepaid label.  They returned to me a five brand new gen 2 mags and my original mag catch.  I reinstalled the mag catch back into the gun and test fired every mag.  So far no issues as all and the mags click into place as they should.  Take this for what it is, but I'm happy with SA and their mags.  

Link Posted: 11/22/2021 11:59:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This is bashing , LOL
View Quote

I don't like bashing products and genuinely want everything to work reliably.  There are stupid products, gucci items that are dumb - but that's just a matter of preference (assuming they still work).  What makes me upset is seeing people depending on these in their carry guns and having a very false sense of confidence.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 12:05:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yeah, I'm on the wagon with you all now, back to factory. I'm competent and confident with my 11 rnds.

Fuck shield arms ,sent them an email with a link to this thread. It doesn't really matter to them tho ,they already got my $$.

I think I may send them their shit back or either make a video running over em in my truck, or shooting them or you all got any ideas ?

I can't sell them to anyone , at least not with a good conscious.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/70066/fuck_shield-2174286.jpg

View Quote

Looks like bashing to me.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 9:37:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 9:47:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Oh,  so I need to contact Shield and explain to them how their product doesn't work in my gun.

$140 + shipping for 3 mags that are "supposed" to function properly.

I shouldn't have to waste my time figuring out why THEIR product doesn't work in MY gun.

So ANYONE that doesn't like my OPINION can move the fuck on and stay outta my thread.

Also I find it hard to believe that everyone shoots 1000s of rounds through their guns with these mags. Don't know about everyone else's areas but in my AO 9mm is hard to get and expensive, how can everyone still be shooting that much ammo at these prices.

I also have been emailed (finally) by a Customer Service rep of theirs.

Her name is ******* and she seems very polite and genuinely interested in what's causing the issues. So as I stated before I'm not JUST bashing them.

Link Posted: 11/23/2021 11:01:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Maybe I missed it?  At what point in your adventure did you contact Shield Arms, explain your problem, and ask for some resolution from them??? Everyone seems to think their customer service is excellent and the few people with reported to them issues, have had those issues resolved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't aware of that, I also don't feel like I'm just bashing them.

Maybe I missed it?  At what point in your adventure did you contact Shield Arms, explain your problem, and ask for some resolution from them??? Everyone seems to think their customer service is excellent and the few people with reported to them issues, have had those issues resolved.

As to not locking the slide back. They told me that’s caused by worm out mag springs, dirty mag springs or aftermarket slide stops. My 48 and 43x are stock and the mag springs are not dirty.

As to mags not dropping free. They recommended I lubricate the outside of the mags with WD 40 or wrap the mags in painters tape, heat the gun with a hair dryer then insert the painters tape wrapped mag into the hot gun.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 11:11:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

As to not locking the slide back. They told me that’s caused by worm out mag springs, dirty mag springs or aftermarket slide stops. My 48 and 43x are stock and the mag springs are not dirty.

As to mags not dropping free. They recommended I lubricate the outside of the mags with WD 40 or wrap the mags in painters tape, heat the gun with a hair dryer then insert the painters tape wrapped mag into the hot gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't aware of that, I also don't feel like I'm just bashing them.

My gun is factory other than their stainless mag catch. It has NEVER jammed before even with my limp wristed wife shooting, this was going to be her gun but she wants to stick with the Judge she keeps in her purse.

Link Posted: 11/23/2021 7:39:51 PM EDT
[#40]
I would like to apologize if I was rude earlier , I hope I didn't offend anyone.

I just wanted to say this Milwaukee cut off tool works as advertised, Every Time

Thank You and goodnight....
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 8:16:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 8:47:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I would like to apologize if I was rude earlier , I hope I didn't offend anyone.

I just wanted to say this Milwaukee cut off tool works as advertised, Every Time

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/70066/Milwaukee-2178671.jpg

Thank You and goodnight....
View Quote

Well, at least he didn't use a band saw!

In all seriousness, nothing will be better than OEM. The only things I have done was installing reputable extensions on my Glock mags. Pearce, Taran Tactical and Kriss all have worked 100% with the OEM mags. I stayed away and will continue to stay away from Shield Arms mags.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 8:53:59 PM EDT
[#43]
I have several thousand rounds through my handful of S15 mags, no issues that I remember…
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 9:00:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Can afford Milwaukee tools.  Can not afford OEM mags.

Got it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 9:05:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Can afford Milwaukee tools.  Can not afford OEM mags.

Got it.
View Quote

LOL, WTF ?!?!?!

Factory mags come with the gun !!!
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 9:37:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Damnit... I have been slammed at work and finally have an evening to myself. Hoped to finalize the deal with OP for a trade for OEM mags plus cash and now I see you went autistic on them.

That is unfortunate.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 10:05:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Damnit... I have been slammed at work and finally have an evening to myself. Hoped to finalize the deal with OP for a trade for OEM mags plus cash and now I see you went autistic on them.

That is unfortunate.
View Quote

They're still available.

Link Posted: 11/23/2021 10:26:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Many gun mfgs contract out the production of their factory mags, but in those cases the gun mfg designs the mag for their gun while creating the new gun design, and then provides the specs to OEM mfg to produce the mag.  That's not the same as some 3rd party company, who's never designed a mag before, creating a mag design on their own for an existing gun.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 12:20:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Welp OP, I guess you proved your point huh….really stuck it to them! Whatever floats your boat
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 12:49:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Total fail.

A member since 2005 and can't even destroy property correctly.  Even a low post counter like myself would know to use a bandsaw.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top