Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2024 8:59:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DrJekell]
I love the Shield, my only complaint is the thumb safety is way to small and can be hard to disengage (especially the Shield Plus). Not sure why Smith decided to go with the flush safety vs the one they use on every other model. I guess it makes the gun slightly thinner. I've been on a search for years for an aftermarket solution. I finally found one. Got three in today and installed. I am very impressed with the quality. Apparently the guy tig welds a shoe onto an original safety and then has them refinished. These fit both the original Shield and Shield Plus (assume the will fit Shield 2.0). I know I am not the only one who has been looking for something like this so thought I would share.

The are not cheap but but I think it was worth it.

https://imgur.com/a/uUmG7vD

Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:31:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice. How much?
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:38:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SpankMonkey:
Nice. How much?
View Quote

It was $62.00 plus 10.20 shipping. Like I said not cheap but since they are hand made not to bad.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Where to buy?

Also, does he do any others (like CZ75)?
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 1:57:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bravo_Six:
Where to buy?

Also, does he do any others (like CZ75)?
View Quote

No idea if he does any other guns. He doesn't have a website, if you PM me I will give you the guys email. It sounds like the guy who makes them is not very technical as there is someone who sells them for him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top