Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2021 1:04:34 PM EDT
I have a new Shadow 2 and I'm curious if there is a way to make the DA trigger pull shorter. I like the DA pull weight just fine, the SA pull is a bit light with very little defined wall. I ordered a Tanfoglio sear spring to bring the SA pull weight up a bit but the reach on the DA is a bit far for me. For comparisons sake, I have two Omega trigger CZs and I like the trigger shape and reach better. The S2 trigger pull and feel is better but the physical reach in DA is a bit far. Any fixes for this?
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 1:09:32 PM EDT
[#1]
yes both Cajun and the In house CZ custom has a short reach kit.

I put a cajun in mine.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/75850-shadow-2-reach-reduction-kit/

I wish it was even shorter but hey it is better than nothing.  Cajun says theirs is a 5mm DA reach reduction.

It is not drop in but it isn’t rocket surgery..

For the record I would rather do 5 1911s before doing one CZ.    The parts are small and fiddly.  

and the CZ custom kit that was under development and slow release (unavailable) when I was shopping.  I had issues just talking to them in the CZ custom shop, they didn’t answer phone messages or emails.   Angus, the owner did apologize for that weeks later.  I would give their product a shot on a regular CZ carry gun as theirs has no set screws to migrate.   Cajuns has pre travel and trigger stop set screws which is fine for a game gun but not social work in my opinion.

https://czcustom.com/czc-short-da-trigger-kit.html

When that spring cage keeps popping on you ....you will be your screen name.

EtA When you file fit the disconnector take a touch more off than your bench testing indicates.   I fit mine per directions and it worked perfectly on the bench.   At the range it would fail to reset.   A few more minutes on a bench stone got it beyond the temperamental stage.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 2:14:08 PM EDT
[#2]
CGW.

If it's a manual safety gun you could also go SAO, which makes for a sublime trigger. Absolutely not something I'd want for carry, but for practice/competition it's fantastic.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 4:05:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
yes both Cajun and the In house CZ custom has a short reach kit.

I put a cajun in mine.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/75850-shadow-2-reach-reduction-kit/

I wish it was even shorter but hey it is better than nothing.  Cajun says theirs is a 5mm DA reach reduction.

It is not drop in but it isn’t rocket surgery..

For the record I would rather do 5 1911s before doing one CZ.    The parts are small and fiddly.  

and the CZ custom kit that was under development and slow release (unavailable) when I was shopping.  I had issues just talking to them in the CZ custom shop, they didn’t answer phone messages or emails.   Angus, the owner did apologize for that weeks later.  I would give their product a shot on a regular CZ carry gun as theirs has no set screws to migrate.   Cajuns has pre travel and trigger stop set screws which is fine for a game gun but not social work in my opinion.

https://czcustom.com/czc-short-da-trigger-kit.html

When that spring cage keeps popping on you ....you will be your screen name.

EtA When you file fit the disconnector take a touch more off than your bench testing indicates.   I fit mine per directions and it worked perfectly on the bench.   At the range it would fail to reset.   A few more minutes on a bench stone got it beyond the temperamental stage.
View Quote

Excellent info, I very much appreciate it! " When that spring cage keeps popping on you ....you will be your screen name."
I fully expect this
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top