Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2022 4:55:32 PM EDT
Like it says in the title, what are you using for a holster, pros and cons of what you’re running?
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Comp-tac, it's ok. It came from the factory way too tight and took a bunch of tweaking of the retention screws to get it perfect, but once I got it dialed in it's a decent holster. I will say I do not like the giant "CZ Shadow 2" molded into the side, but that's just an aesthetic complaint.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 8:51:32 PM EDT
[#2]
For competition or general range use?
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 6:28:32 AM EDT
[#3]
My competition holster (only reason I have a shadow 2) is a comp-tac.

Been looking at GX holsters though.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 6:53:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Weber tactical is what most competition (3-gun/UML) shooters are using.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:31:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Dara kydex connected to a SERPA star.  Love it and compete with it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:40:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I use a red hill 3-gun. Safariland doesn’t make a level 3 for it, so I wanted something that wouldn’t mess with my muscle memory and went with a kydex level 1.

I cut it for my optic.  It does it’s job, and holds it securely.

Link Posted: 6/12/2022 12:32:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Weber tactical is the way to go!
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 7:56:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I had a local shop make me a standard OWB pancake style for my Shadow 2.

Should be picking it up this week.

Only thing I'm a little concerned about is the mid-guard and my extended safety. He said he would make it short enough to not have clearance issues, but now I'm hoping I don't have issues with it clicking off when it shouldn't.

Edit: picked it up today. Instead of a mid-guard, he did a full guard, and added a bump-out for the extended safety paddle. Super happy with it.

Link Posted: 6/13/2022 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice looking holster. What make ?
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 11:54:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice looking holster. What make ?
View Quote

Small local company called "Kydex Holster Solutions". He also made this one for my TRP Full Rail.

Link Posted: 6/13/2022 12:09:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a Comp Tech which is great for competition. Blade Tech also makes a nice holster.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 11:00:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Red Hill Tactical Competition holster.

I need a holster that is BBQ Gun quality now.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 12:28:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I use a RHT for USPSA.

I do have a Safariland GLS that I use for 3 gun.  It will fit many guns.  I actually have 2, one set up for Glock trigger guards, and a second for 1911/cz trigger guards.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 3:41:10 AM EDT
[#14]
I have an ANR Design holster.

I like it thus far.... It's basic, but works great. $105 mailed to me.

Tactical Outside The Waistband with Safariland QLS Fork (https://www.anrkydexholsters.com/product/tactical-outside-the-waistband-lightbearing-with-safariland-qls-fork/ )

Link Posted: 7/5/2022 2:36:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Competition type is from Rounded by Concealment
Shadow 2 holster
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 3:00:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I run the T-rex Arms Ragnarok.  Does the job, I run it on a belt slide.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 1:10:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I had a local shop make me a standard OWB pancake style for my Shadow 2.

Should be picking it up this week.

Only thing I'm a little concerned about is the mid-guard and my extended safety. He said he would make it short enough to not have clearance issues, but now I'm hoping I don't have issues with it clicking off when it shouldn't.

Edit: picked it up today. Instead of a mid-guard, he did a full guard, and added a bump-out for the extended safety paddle. Super happy with it.

https://i.imgur.com/uPZoz5B.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OTYU9bG.jpg
View Quote

That is sick! May just order one
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 9:52:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That is sick! May just order one
View Quote

If you do, I'd suggest sending him my pictures if that's what you want. He deviated from my order form a little (regarding the sweat guard). Not sure what to select to order my holster, again, if you are looking for a copy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top