Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2021 9:31:57 PM EDT
I picked up a NIB Shadow 2 last night and I’m predictably in love with it but it I’m wanting to change a couple things. Grips are easy but I’m not a competitor and I’m wondering if it’s possible to put a standard SP01 or 75 mag release on this thing? I’m looking at range/woods use in an owb holster and maybe IWB too and I don’t want to accidentally drop the mag at the wrong time. Does anyone with a shadow 2 have experience with changing the mag release or accidentally dropping the mag with the stock one?
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 11:11:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I can’t imagine why you would ever carry it iwb, but no, I've never accidentally hit the mag release with either of my shadows 2’s.  
I’ve never even heard of someone carrying one iwb.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can’t imagine why you would ever carry it iwb, but no, I've never accidentally hit the mag release with either of my shadows 2’s.  
I’ve never even heard of someone carrying one iwb.
View Quote

It really just boils down to another option of carry for me. I've carried govt model 1911s and Glock 34s AIWB in the past without issue. Primarily i'll be carrying OWB or in my Hill People Gear kit bag. Good to know it doesn't spit mags out at the wrong time though. Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Never had an issue with unintentional mag drop on my S2.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 6:20:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I carry my Shadow 2 both on duty and when I’m off duty, I carry it AIWB. I have never had an issue with anything on the gun. My mag release is an extended release from Lok grips and I’ve had only positives to say about it.

Its actually pretty comfortable to carry appendix.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 10:42:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I haven’t carried my Shadow 2, but I do carry my SP01 with a Shadow 2 mag release and have no issues. Lok grips on both guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top