Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2020 9:22:05 AM EDT
I'm primarily a Sig guy and am pretty good at working on P Series and 320s.

Bought my first CZ, used from a friend.  All he did to it was a CZ SAO Trigger, pin and spring.  He put about 500 rounds through it.

Its a tack driving laser, but has always ejected weak, straight up.  Would drop empty cases on the visor of my baseball cap or around my chest.

After having put about 200 rounds through it since buying its now stove piping and having FTE/FTF malfunctions.

Going to take it apart today and inspect the extractor and recoil springs.

Any advice from CZ boys who know what they're doing with these pistols?
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of a S2 with this issue but yeah, its the same as any other browning action gun in this regard so you're on the right path.

If you're taking the extractor spring out might as well replace with an XP one.

Check the extractor claw for damage (they are MIM now and I have seen a thread or two on them chipping) and install a 13, 14, or 16lb recoil spring unless you're gaming with powder puff reloads.

S2 slide is 13.7oz, heavier than a 5" 1911 slide.  Definitely use ammo that isn't weak.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Been running NATO 124gr 9mm through it.

I just ordered some stuff from Cajun:

Recoil Spring Tuning Kit (to try different springs)
Extractor
Extractor Spring
Barrel Bushing

The new soring didn't say whether it was XP or stock, so I assume uts stock.  

Where can I find a heavier extractor spring?
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Wolff

Order direct or from CZC.  You can check CGW too
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 9:45:57 AM EDT
[#4]
too light a recoil spring.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 10:32:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Did complete takedown and clean.  Replaced extractor and spring with extra power spring from Wolff.

Replaced this Hammer Spring (left), which looked oddly to chrome, with a Wolff factory rate spring (right).

Purchased CGW Recoil Spring Tuners Pack.

Tried the 12lb and gun wouldn't chamber a round fully into battery.

Tried a 14lb and it chambered and fired well, but ejection seemed short.

Ultimately ended up with 13lb and tried, 115gr, 124gr NATO and 147gr Syntech Comp Rounds (light loads).  All cycled through like a Swiss Watch.  Ejection was at 3:00 and about 3' - 4'.

I dont know what the spring rate of the one that came out of it was, but the tuner pack was great!
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 12:57:47 AM EDT
[#6]
DA will suck with that hammer spring.  I recommend the CZC 12lb.

Strange on the recoil springs, 11 is pretty common in the comp world and I've heard of guys running as light as 9.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 7:10:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DA will suck with that hammer spring.  I recommend the CZC 12lb.   Do you mean the silver one on the left will suck, or the Wolff factory replacement will suck?  

Strange on the recoil springs, 11 is pretty common in the cimp world and I've heard of guys running as light as 9. Yeah, first round i tried to chamber with the 12# barely halfway chambered.  I cleared it, tried another, same problem, cleared and tried a 3rd and same problem, so I swapped to 14#.  Fired 3 mags of 115gr with 14#, but ejection was only about 1' - 2'.  So then I swapped to 13#, got 2' - 3' ejection at 3:00.  Ran 3 mags of 115gr, 3 mags of 124gr and 3 mags of 147gr Syntec.  All ran/ejected about the same.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 9:01:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Both will make the DA 10lbs or more.

A 12 will put it at 6 to 6 1/2.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 10:01:23 AM EDT
[#9]
springs have zero to do with a round going in the bbl.

as long as the cases leave the port, you are good. 1 foot or 10.

CZ is not known for consistency in bbl throating, so I would do a plunk and spin test on your ammo.
To give an example:
I have many 75 series pistols.

One does not like anything over 1.11 OAL

on the other end, one will take 1.14 OAL.

with 124gr NATO, I would run an 11lb recoil, 11.5 lb hammer spring, extended firing pin.

Hope that helps

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top