Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2020 7:32:56 PM EDT
I recently picked up a CZ 22LR conversion for my Shadow 2.  First range trip out getting multiple light strikes, probably 1 per mag sometimes multiple with Aguila Super Extra 40 grain "high velocity".  I also had a few instances where the round was stuck in the chamber and I had to drop the mag and rack it multiple times pretty hard to get it to eject.  

Not sure if I need to get a heavier hammer spring, would hate to increase the trigger pull weight if not needed.  I need to try some other types of ammo next time.  Curious if anyone else had similar issues.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 10:49:10 PM EDT
[#1]
You basically have to run the stock hammer spring for it to run reliably. I had the same issue with mine and anything less than stock would give me issues, especially in SA
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 11:37:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Have had a few , like 3 or 4, with Blazer and CCI but on 2nd pull they went off. That’s about 500 rounds or so.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 9:25:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You basically have to run the stock hammer spring for it to run reliably. I had the same issue with mine and anything less than stock would give me issues, especially in SA
View Quote

Im running the stock hammer spring but I did convert to SAO.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 12:32:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone know if there's a fiber optic front sight to match the 9mm slide so I can get the same sight picture when practicing?
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 12:55:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Im running the stock hammer spring but I did convert to SAO.
View Quote

Changing the hammer spring to a heavier one will have very little change on the trigger since you are a SAO.  It has the most dramatic effect on the DA pull of the DA/SA pistols.

Also if you are having light primer strikes try different ammo.  Old and 22LR ammo that has been tosses around a lot the primer layer in the base of the cartridge can fall apart or dislodge.  Sometimes turning the cartridge 90 degrees in the chamber will yield a detonation.  My bet is you have some poor ammo or a bad batch where you may see a higher amount of strikes but not discharge.  I got a box of Remington that was a loose box that had rode in my buddies range bag for years and we were having repeated failures to fire with good strikes.  The same firearms were going 100% off with a box of Federal I had.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 5:58:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Changing the hammer spring to a heavier one will have very little change on the trigger since you are a SAO.  It has the most dramatic effect on the DA pull of the DA/SA pistols.

Also if you are having light primer strikes try different ammo.  Old and 22LR ammo that has been tosses around a lot the primer layer in the base of the cartridge can fall apart or dislodge.  Sometimes turning the cartridge 90 degrees in the chamber will yield a detonation.  My bet is you have some poor ammo or a bad batch where you may see a higher amount of strikes but not discharge.  I got a box of Remington that was a loose box that had rode in my buddies range bag for years and we were having repeated failures to fire with good strikes.  The same firearms were going 100% off with a box of Federal I had.
View Quote

Thanks for the info the next time I go to the range I'll try a different brand of ammo.  Hopefully that's the problem if the hammer spring won't really fix the issue.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 12:05:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks for the info the next time I go to the range I'll try a different brand of ammo.  Hopefully that's the problem if the hammer spring won't really fix the issue.
View Quote

When you looked at the brass after extracting did it look like light strikes?  Or were the impacts on the rim typical strikes just no ignition?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 8:11:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if there's a fiber optic front sight to match the 9mm slide so I can get the same sight picture when practicing?
View Quote

P10C Dawson sight is what I run on mine. Drops right in
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 8:44:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

P10C Dawson sight is what I run on mine. Drops right in
View Quote

What height did you go with?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

When you looked at the brass after extracting did it look like light strikes?  Or were the impacts on the rim typical strikes just no ignition?
View Quote

I’m not sure how to tell the difference.  There was definitely an indention but rounds didn’t go off
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 2:25:45 PM EDT
[#11]
If you go look on the Dawson site, whagever the P10C carry kit comes with
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 11:52:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I bet a 14# hammer spring will do it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top