Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2021 10:48:19 PM EDT
Nice trigger for a striker fired but what a piece of crap.
The slide to frame has so much slop I would be surprised
if I could hit the side of a barn. Never again will i buy a walther
product. They have that toyish feel to them...and I really like
German made stuff. All of my handguns don't have anywhere
near the slop this one has.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 10:39:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I was all excited about the PDP..... until I held it in my hands. I felt the same slide/frame slop.

I own the PPQ45 so I went home immediately and picked it up to compare.. not even close.

If I can rent one to try, I will do that; not buying otherwise.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#2]
My experience has been completely different and it's the best shooter I've had. I've had several
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 8:55:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Slide to frame fit doesn't have that much to do with how accurate a pistol is. Its nice to have sure but its all about how the barrel locks up in the slide.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 10:44:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 7:07:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I just spent an afternoon with a PDP. What slop?
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 7:38:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I liked mine so much I bought a second one.  Great shooter; fits my hand well and shoots accurately.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 11:10:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I should also add, my frame and slide and perfectly fit. There is no "slop" or even a slight wiggle anywhere in it's travel.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 6:32:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I sure I received a bad one. So I guess the money back promotion will be used. I have other polymer striker fired pistols and the "slop" is no where close to this walther.
So I call walther and asked, which they were not very friendly btw, if that kind of fit between the slide and frame was supposed to be that sloppy.
Agent says yes, its made to still shoot in case it gets dirt or sand in the weapon. Well I really don't have go around pouring mud in my guns to see if they will still function.
Very cheap feeling like it should be an airsoft quality gun.
No more modern walthers for me. Stick with HK's for me.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 3:01:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Slide to frame fit doesn't have that much to do with how accurate a pistol is. Its nice to have sure but its all about how the barrel locks up in the slide.
View Quote

Exactly.

OP must not have high round count guns.

6,000 through my 226, 4,000ish through my M45 1911 and 15,000 through my G19 and you’ll notice some slop compared to a new one lol.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 4:33:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well I sure I received a bad one. So I guess the money back promotion will be used. I have other polymer striker fired pistols and the "slop" is no where close to this walther.
So I call walther and asked, which they were not very friendly btw, if that kind of fit between the slide and frame was supposed to be that sloppy.
Agent says yes, its made to still shoot in case it gets dirt or sand in the weapon. Well I really don't have go around pouring mud in my guns to see if they will still function.
Very cheap feeling like it should be an airsoft quality gun.
No more modern walthers for me. Stick with HK's for me.
View Quote

How did it shoot? Was it reliable?
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#11]
not gonna shoot it. They can take it back and sell it to someone else.
I mean the frame inserts for the slide are so small it's belongs on a toy gun. Walther is not a modern gun to buy.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 2:39:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I mean the frame inserts for the slide are so small it's belongs on a toy gun. Walther is not a modern gun to buy.
View Quote
LOL

Seriously?

They're virtually identical in size to what you'll find in a Glock.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow.

So you tried nothing and you are all out of ideas. I can see why Walther was “not that nice” on the phone. You probably know better than those silly engineers from a gun company that’s over a century old.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 9:51:50 PM EDT
[#15]
so all the same size...ok.
lets measure.
pdp .972 on frame .990 width in slide .018 total clearance

imi masada .900 on frame .914 width on slide. .014 total clearance.

pdp .054 thick inserts with .062 in slide  .008 difference.

imi masada .072 thick inserts  .076 in slide  .004 difference.

my cheap glock 48 has even tighter clearances and the least amount of side to side movement.

Yes clearly the pdp will still operate when dirty better than a tighter gun for sure but i'm not in the habit of putting mud in my guns to see if they still function.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 10:06:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Well Remington has been making stuff for how long?
I'm not gonna buy a new Remington just cause they
have been in business a long time. At one point Remington
didn't suck.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 8:51:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
lets measure.

my cheap glock 48 has even tighter clearances and the least amount of side to side movement.

Yes clearly the pdp will still operate when dirty better than a tighter gun for sure but i'm not in the habit of putting mud in my guns to see if they still function.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
lets measure.

Quoted:
Well Remington has been making stuff for how long?
I'm not gonna buy a new Remington just cause they
have been in business a long time. At one point Remington
didn't suck.
That's your argument? Whatever man. You do you. Remind me to never sell you anything.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 11:26:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm not because I'm not getting one in the first place. The slide serrations are way over the top in my opinion. No M1 style paddle mag release either.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 5:05:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Never really have been a Walther fan. Owned a P99 for a short while and shot the PPQ M2, PPS and the guns were always meh to me. Bought the PDP when it came out and I am highly impressed with it. First time out I shot it along side with my CGW kit CZ P-01 and the PDP actually shot a little better than the CZ. Have owned a bunch of pistols over the years and PDP is one of the most natural pointing pistols I have ever shot. It is pretty amazing that a smaller GUN company would even have a buy back program. Don't see Glock, Sig, S&W or SA offering any thing like that. The PDP is not for every one but junk it is NOT.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 10:25:39 AM EDT
[#20]
I think by now we all get it, you're not a Walther fan. That's your right.

Next time you purchase a gun, whatever the brand,  I suggest that you examine it before you buy it. Then you can avoid all of this public bitchin' and moaning. From everything I have seen and read, the PDP has been very well received. I have the full size version with 4.5" barrel and I can't really think of a single thing to complain about with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top