Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2020 2:48:55 PM EDT
So one of my Deputies offered to trade me 500 rounds of Winchester Ranger STX T-series (RA9SXT) 9mm HP 147 gr. for 500 rounds of Wolf 7.62x39mm. I said yes since I have over 10k of 7.62x39 and I am running a little short on 9mm since I’ve been shooting my PCC and pistols recently. Never shot this stuff so I figured I’d ask the ARF pistol/ ammo gurus. Whatcha think?
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Righteous.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Do it!
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do it!
View Quote

I did already.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 3:29:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#5]
"One of my deputies " part made me raise an eyebrow, you are his boss then. potentially taking advantage of him.  id make 100% sure there wasn't any official infuance, and have him bounce the deal off another senior officer before, simply for ethical reasons so his butt is covered("bribed boss for favorable treatment with below market value ammo...") and yours is covered("used official position to cause underlings to sell ammo during times of ammo shortage... "). Ethics isn't BEING honest, it is appearing honest. Morals are how you feel about your ethics. maybe im crazy, my dad wouldn't even put up a flyer in the breakroom for boyscout popcorn when I was selling it because of those reasons.

Link Posted: 12/18/2020 3:33:27 PM EDT
[#6]
That’s a no brainer trade in today’s market, especially if you bought the x39 Wolf during salad days.

Quoted:
"One of my deputies " part made me raise an eyebrow, you are his boss then. potentially taking advantage of him.  id make 100% sure there wasn't any official infuance, and have him bounce the deal off another senior officer before, simply for ethical reasons so his butt is covered("bribed boss for favorable treatment with below market value ammo...") and yours is covered("used official position to cause underlings to sell ammo during times of ammo shortage... "). Ethics isn't BEING honest, it is appearing honest. Morals are how you feel about your ethics. maybe im crazy, my dad wouldn't even put up a flyer in the breakroom for boyscout popcorn when I was selling it because of those reasons.

View Quote

Did you even read the OP? The deputy approach HIM about the trade. I must have missed where OP twisted his arm and took advantage of him? If you dad didn’t put up a flyer in the breakroom, how would anyone even know that you were having a fundraiser? No one is obligated to buy the popcorn from you and no one is obligated to make a trade with OP. Also, you have no idea what the deputy paid or traded for the 9mm ammunition to start. So it’s pretty sad to call the OP’s morals and ethics into question without all of that information.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 4:03:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 5:28:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I would do that trade every day, twice on sunday.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Great stuff
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 1:12:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

He just got his AK and couldn’t find any ammo. I had some Wolf Military Classic and he begged me to trade. Besides, he is a good friend. Go GASLIGHT somewhere else Bro.

To those who answered the question, many thanks and Merry Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 2:00:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That’s a no brainer trade in today’s market, especially if you bought the x39 Wolf during salad days.

Did you even read the OP? The deputy approach HIM about the trade. I must have missed where OP twisted his arm and took advantage of him? If you dad didn’t put up a flyer in the breakroom, how would anyone even know that you were having a fundraiser? No one is obligated to buy the popcorn from you and no one is obligated to make a trade with OP. Also, you have no idea what the deputy paid or traded for the 9mm ammunition to start. So it’s pretty sad to call the OP’s morals and ethics into question without all of that information.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sadly correct evaluation.  It isn’t ultimately about right or wrong, its about appearances in a public agency.  Its about protecting yourself.  This story does not pass the front page story smell test.  Besides, some one dumb enough to brag about his unbalanced ammo score, probably has plenty of enemies in the wing.

You can jump the fsjdw2 post, but if you ever worked with or supervised women, worked with or supervised modern shit head pajama mommies boys, understood two deep Boy Scout leadership rules, or had a political person get a hard on for you, $400 worth of 9mm for $50 worth of short Russian was a bad idea.  Probably any transaction was a bad idea.  (I am in the “Refused to take BSA popcorn to work camp.”)
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:37:00 PM EDT
[#12]
So how in the blue fuck did this turn into a GD thread and two of you ingrates accusing me of non professional conduct OUTSIDE the workplace with a guy I have known for 20 years and recently joined the agency from another? Take your GD shit and go please. I tried to be polite but now I am just pissed off! Mods, blow this fucker up! Thanks.

fsjdw2, I don't know you and you have some nerve thinking you know anything about me. If you have an issue with me, IM me or go to the PIT!
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#13]
OP request
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top