Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2022 8:50:16 AM EDT
My 327 Nightguard has these thick rubber grips that make reloading annoying. Anyone else have this problem and buy thinner grips that allow easier reloads?

In the pics you can see the Speedbeez are rubbing up against the grip disrupting the alignment into the cylinder. Right now this requires a hard fist to send them home, obviously not ideal.

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 10:40:08 AM EDT
[#1]
cut it away with scissors or..buy wood..

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 1:34:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Ignore the revolver finish, it was my boat gun.  The grips are Hogue Miculek grips, they tame recoil, are quite comfortable and with ample room for speed loaders.

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:18:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I own quite a few Speed Beez speedloaders and they need more space than any other style of speedloader I have used. I typically get wood or G10 grips and relieve them as needed, although I've had a few revolvers that simply won't accommodate the Speed Beez speedloader, and I've gone to 5- Star or HKS for those wheelguns. Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 8:24:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got Hogue monogrip (rubber type) on a N-frame right now, it has an identical shape (at the top) as the wood Hogues posted above. Backstrap of grip frame is uncovered.
The factory wood and synthetic grips have a very similar shape at the top, plenty of room for Comp I's that's for sure.

Pachmayr Grippers are as flat as I've tried for revolvers. Last time I looked they didn't make them for N frame round butt, but I've used 2 sets (made for K/L frame) on my (N) gun.

But, Comp I's only stick out the side, past the case wall, a very small amount. About 1/16".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top