Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2020 8:23:17 PM EDT
I am a fan of the 10 mm auto cartridge, I have 2 Colt Delta Elite, a G20 and a formerly NIB S&W 1006, so I really needed a S&W 610 revolver. In fact I’ve been wanting one for a long time but they seem to be quite rare here in Switzerland

I recently got a call from a gentleman who contacted me 1 1/2 years ago. He had one for sale then, but it was heavily customised for IPSC, quick release, different sights, dozens of moon clips, case etc, and it was expensive at 2 grands so I politely declined.

He was kind enough to me call again to advise me that an LGS had four for sale, two 5’’ and two 6.5’’. I thought that was a great gesture.

Price was $ 1000, which I think is quite reasonable. I chose a 5’’ and I received it yesterday.

Very nice gun in great condition, I don’t think it fired much. Forcing cone is like new and there’s no flame cutting, merely a discolouration. It has a wide target hammer and a wide smooth trigger

Being a N frame it’s a heavy gun with a big cylinder and the round butt with the narrow bottomed combat grip feels odd to me, it accentuates the nose heavy feeling.

So I found a N square combat grip in my stash and it feels a lot better ... except for the gap at the bottom.

Now the challenge here (Switzerland) is finding moon clips.

I guess I can test fire the gun without them and eject the spent cases with a rod ?
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Great Gun and that 5” in looks great.

I’m not sure if S&W will ship moon clips to Europe but Dillon Precision will.  The 610 moon clips are currently out of stock but they do have a form to be completed for inter national sales.   It might be worth contacting Dillon.

https://www.dillonprecision.com/moon-clips-h-10mm-moon-clips-10-ea_8_24_25117.html
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks

I managed to give it a quick test run at the range, rapid DA fire at close range (abt 7 m) center mass shots (head shots was my buddy in SA slow fire).

Great gun, I’m super happy

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:36:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I expect you can find some N frame round to square butt conversion grips for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top