Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2018 6:31:33 PM EDT
My 422 is shooting slightly left.

It has adjustable rear sights.

This may be (is) a dumb question, but which way do I turn the screw to bring POI to the right.

CW or CCW?
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Move rear sight the direction you want the bullet to go,

P.S. I love my 422
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Move the rear sight in the direction you want the bullet's impact to move.  IOW, if it shoots to the left you want to move the bullet impact to the right....so, you move the rear sight to the right.  It really doesn't take much movement of the rear sight.   If I remember correctly, turning the sight adjustment screw clockwise will move the rear sight to the right, because normal threads tighten to the right...and tightening the screw should pull the sight to the right.

At first I though you were trolling because I transposed 422 as 442, and thought "Hey, there are no sights to adjust on a 442...".  Glad I double checked.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:02:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Move the rear sight in the direction you want the bullet's impact to move.  IOW, if it shoots to the left you want to move the bullet impact to the right....so, you move the rear sight to the right.  It really doesn't take much movement of the rear sight.   If I remember correctly, turning the sight adjustment screw clockwise will move the rear sight to the right, because normal threads tighten to the right...and tightening the screw should pull the sight to the right.

At first I though you were trolling because I transposed 422 as 442, and thought "Hey, there are no sights to adjust on a 442...".  Glad I double checked.
View Quote
Yes, I understand that you move a rear sight "right" to move point of impact "right"

The question is, do you turn the adjustment screw CW, or CCW?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:10:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Despite have multiple S&W guns with the adjustable sight I always forget myself. I simply look at the sight carefully and start turning the screw- counting clicks- once I see what direction it moves I know if I am going in the right direction or not. They are pretty repeatable so if you turn say 8 clicks and see the sight moving in the wrong direction back off the 8 and add what you need
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:58:10 AM EDT
[#5]
https://goo.gl/images/k4NvXN

Clockwise = movement to right.

Print diagram.

Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:28:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://goo.gl/images/k4NvXN

Clockwise = movement to right.

Print diagram.

https://i.postimg.cc/3RXXSFWt/149-BA186-D87-C-4-D7-E-A3-D6-00-E66-E5-D51-D0.jpg
View Quote
Thank you sir  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top