Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2021 1:16:19 AM EDT
Aaron Cowan talks a little about the PMM comp on his 509. He seemed very impressed.

Parker Mountain Machine FN 509 Compensator
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a PMM Comp and Barrel combo on the way for my G19.3. Also, have a Safariland 6354DO (G17) on the way.

I believe I should be able to get the G19.3 with Comp to fit the SL 6354 if I remove the holster’s muzzle centering block and trim it back a little. I’ve already contacted PMM about holster fitment and they know the Comp installed on a G19 is a tad too long for G17 specific holsters. They recommend using a G34 length holster. I’m thinking I should be able to get it to fit in a 6354 holster with just a tad bit of trimming on the muzzle block. We’ll see how it goes.

Also, anyone have a spare QLS fork they’ll let go cheap? Black, tan, it doesn’t matter. Hit me up, please and thanks.

ETA: There might be 1/4” of length, maybe 3/16” I could free up by trimming that block down around the centering pin. I’m assuming the block in the 6354 is similar so going to try it out.

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#2]
The 6354DO arrived and had to trine the ALS lock and holster around the RDS shroud so my SRO would fit. Still waiting on the barrel and comp to arrive.

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:42:24 PM EDT
[#3]
The DO RDS holsters were designed to fit a wider variety of optics.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:49:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Aaron Cowan talks a little about the PMM comp on his 509. He seemed very impressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoAFk2lC2mE
View Quote
I've been considering this setup for my M18.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:33:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Looking at it more and now I’m not so sure if the comp will fit...

The holster body itself doesn’t leave much wiggle room down at the muzzle end. Crossing fingers...
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The holster body itself doesn’t leave much wiggle room down at the muzzle end. Crossing fingers...
View Quote

You'll need a holster for a 34/35 to fit a 19 with a compensator. The 17 is about a half inch longer than the 19.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 2:16:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You'll need a holster for a 34/35 to fit a 19 with a compensator. The 17 is about a half inch longer than the 19.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I went ahead and ordered a 6354DO for a G34.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

My statement above was incorrect. I meant to say the RDS was designed to fit more optics.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 7:17:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My statement above was incorrect. I meant to say the RDS was designed to fit more optics.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Comparing some online pics, you’re statement looks to hold true. I went ahead and ordered a G34 specific 6354DO to ensure I’ll have a holster to pair with the new setup.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:02:10 AM EDT
[#10]
It looks like his experience with the PMM barrel was positive but my experience and others with P320 barrels and comps not so much. I dropped one in an otherwise dead nuts reliable gun and it was anything but afterwards, several malfunctions per mag. They also aren’t the best to deal with. Personally I wouldn’t roll the dice again.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 2:00:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 5:41:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It looks like his experience with the PMM barrel was positive but my experience and others with P320 barrels and comps not so much. I dropped one in an otherwise dead nuts reliable gun and it was anything but afterwards, several malfunctions per mag. They also aren’t the best to deal with. Personally I wouldn’t roll the dice again.
View Quote

when you add a comp you are adding weight to the barrel that slows the initial unlock,  tuning the recoil spring rate to match the added weight with the ammunition used is key... the fixed muti-spring guide rods don't allow you to do this so your only choice is to run full power duty JHP's ( HST, Gold Dot) and NATO spec FMJ with them.. I stuck with the 4.7" slide when I did my PMM comp that allowed me to use 1911 recoil springs for this reason
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:57:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I gotta say, I like the fitment. Looks perfect.

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#14]
The SF 6354DO holster came in and after a little trimming works like a charm.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#15]
I am really liking this setup. Made it to the range today and rapid fire was excellent through 6 mags.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 8:13:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Attachment Attached File

I love mine
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 3:08:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 7:39:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Just threw one on my gen 5 19 and its great. I need to bite the bullet and find a good duty-style holster for it but the comp runs fantastically. As a side note, anyone else find it odd that Safariland makes holsters for weird guns but not for a G19 with a comp and light? You feel like there would be a "roland" specific holster.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 2:36:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just threw one on my gen 5 19 and its great. I need to bite the bullet and find a good duty-style holster for it but the comp runs fantastically. As a side note, anyone else find it odd that Safariland makes holsters for weird guns but not for a G19 with a comp and light? You feel like there would be a "roland" specific holster.
View Quote

Safariland specializes in duty holsters.  As it stands, in a duty capacity there are very few agencies, entities or secret squirrel individuals running the "roland special".  They're out there but they're not wide spread.  The existing product works, albeit probably not perfectly but it works.

As others have said, stick to G34 holsters for a better fit.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Here’s a “talk-through” by 10-8 Performance published on 08/18/19. The PMM favored well in Yam’s opinion which should carry some weight considering his background and expertise (this IS exactly his wheelhouse). Dude is a real shooter.

10-8 Performance Lab: Ep1 - Glock Compensators
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#21]
G19, PMM Comp, 5rds to slide lock
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top