Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2021 10:23:31 AM EDT
So I bought the Safariland 6384 ALS system holster for the gen 4 Glock 19 with RMR and Surefire X300U.

there seems no easy way to get this properly adjusted for retention. The pistol will snap in but it will not lock in meaning the ALS lever does not appear to have any function. I have tried making adjustments via the hex screw but doesn't seem to have any effect...

thoughts?

thanks
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 10:28:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Theres not really any adjustments.

Pics of the gun? Anything unusual like irons forward?

I bet something is hitting the holster over the chamber and not going in far enough.

What holster? I mean the whole fit code on the back.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I have three Glock 19s all set up with RMR All of them are no go's... two gen 3 and 1 gen 4...

when I take the light off, the fit is even worse... at least with the light attached, pistols will slide in and seat.

without the light you need to carefully an slowly user or it will hang up.

It also seems the ALS lever doesn't have a positive feel with the pistol inserted... it is not full forward. If I apply a little pressure pushing it forward, it does lock securely.

I will post up the full model shortly but I used the holster builder on the safailand website...
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Remove the ALS lever and see if the pistol goes any deeper into the holster. I've never personally had a problem with a Safariland holster, but mistakes happen. Hopefully it's something simple
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:30:43 PM EDT
[#4]
1. Post a pic of the full model name from the clear Safariland packaging bag.

2. Post a pic of the full model name from the inner side of the holster (the name runs vertically along the 3 T-holes).

3. Post a pic of the pistol with attachments.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:31:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I use mine with poly 80 builds, and they all were very tight until I took a dremel with sanding disc and removed a small amount of material from the channel where the light goes. I jammed the gun in a few times, then sanded where the light left marks. It took a while to get a nice fit, but I am happy with them after the adjustments.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:37:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The pistol will snap in but it will not lock in meaning the ALS lever does not appear to have any function.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The pistol will snap in but it will not lock in meaning the ALS lever does not appear to have any function.

Quoted:
It also seems the ALS lever doesn't have a positive feel with the pistol inserted... it is not full forward. If I apply a little pressure pushing it forward, it does lock securely.

The above two statements appear to be in conflict with each other.

Pistol should be inserted with purpose. It will click in. After that, you can pull up on the pistol grip and you will get a little bit of up/down movement (from the ALS moving inside the pistol's ejection port recess) but it will remain locked in.

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:06:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Do u have an A or B model X300U? And do you have the correct holster for your version?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:10:38 PM EDT
[#8]
The holster number is:

6384 RDS-2832-701

not one G19 I have tried will lock in... on another Safariland ALS holster I have, its is RDS only and the only Glock that locks in is a gen 3 without RDS. I said snap in maybe wasn't clear enough,,, the ALS lever makes an audible click and moves all the ways forward with the pistol full seated.

I don't understand why some would work and others not... is there muck variation in Glock slides?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The holster number is:

6384 RDS-2832-701

not one G19 I have tried will lock in... on another Safariland ALS holster I have, its is RDS only and the only Glock that locks in is a gen 3 without RDS. I said snap in maybe wasn't clear enough,,, the ALS lever makes an audible click and moves all the ways forward with the pistol full seated.

I don't understand why some would work and others not... is there muck variation in Glock slides?
View Quote

@heron163

Again...

2. Post a pic of the full model name from the inner side of the holster (the name runs vertically along the 3 T-holes).

We are trying to eliminate variables. Posting requested pics will eliminate the possibility that SL accidentally placed the incorrect holster in the bag marked "6384RDS-2832-701".
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@heron163

Again...

We are trying to eliminate variables. Posting requested pics will eliminate the possibility that SL accidentally placed the incorrect holster in the bag marked "6384RDS-2832-701".
View Quote

thanks - I know I have a TBI and long concussion history but I am reasonably sure the order numbers on the receipt, package, and holster all match...

seriously, I appreciate the help and the problem was a lack of patience on my part... it just needed breaking in. I used my airsoft G19 and a light silicone spray and just did some repetitive drills.. it took some time to get where was a positive lock first try but it is getting better and smoother. I just ordered another...
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:51:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Good to hear! Glad it worked out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top