Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2021 5:19:12 PM EDT
Just realized I never posted my Tiki here!
I was always fascinated with the ASP pistol by Paris Theodore when I first saw it in the late 80's the grips and the sights were just so cool!
I ended up modifying the grips and a few mags on my CCW back then which was an Italian Beretta 92F (I still have it)
About 10 years ago I saw the Tiki and it reminded me of the ASP sight concept so I was trying to find a used Tiki but I had no luck
Well I had a business deal which went really well and I decided to spoil myself and contacted SVI about getting a Ti Tiki.
By the time I got it all figured out and ordered my son was born and I had a custom serial # (initial and bday)
As I am a watch guy I have always loved the Patek saying "You never own a Patek, you are simply holding it for the next generation" So I bought a new ceramic green Rolex Submariner with the warranty card dated his Bday and in his name (it sits in my safe waiting for him someday in its shipping coffin), I ordered him a custom 22 NULA from Melvin Forbes (I have 2 of his rifles myself) and got him a custom serial # (initials and bday again) LOL hopefully he turns our decent if not I will sell it all in his mid 20's and buy myself something nuts.
ANYWAY back on topic
Just wanted to share the pics I have of it from when SVI finished and was shipping it to me.
Its an AMAZING gun, their machine work is unreal! (I still have not gotten my ASP but I may be very soon)

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!
Those sights are wild.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 6:15:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be damned.

I used to have a gun book, one of those big picture books you find on sale at Barnes and Noble or whatever, that had one of these in it.  I thought it was really intriguing but I could never find any information about it.  Now I know why.  The book described it as an STI Tiki Ti.  I remember because I tried looking it up so many times.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#3]
a while after I got it I found out Colin Farrell carried a Tiki in Miami Vice LOL

It was the scarcity and uniqueness of it which made me get it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Sandy is an artist.

An excellent choice for an heirloom.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll be damned.

I used to have a gun book, one of those big picture books you find on sale at Barnes and Noble or whatever, that had one of these in it.  I thought it was really intriguing but I could never find any information about it.  Now I know why.  The book described it as an STI Tiki Ti.  I remember because I tried looking it up so many times.
View Quote

The S in STI and SVI is the same guy. The partners split up into two different companies.

I don't know if STI made a Tiki, but I'm not going to say they didn't.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#6]
From what I have been told they only make a few of them a year and generally they are sold to the wealthy in the Middle East and Philippines
Don't know if its accurate or not
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:02:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Interesting gun. When he gets older I hope he appreciates all you are doing for him.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 4:49:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Beautiful gun.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 9:53:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow, that thing is pretty wild.  Thanks for showing it off.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:31:09 AM EDT
[#10]
nice! I have shot some SVI stuff and very few people seem to know about them outside of the competition world. the TIKI is weird and I like it. It took me years to realize that was an SV in the hammer, not just curves.

I did similar for my son. I bought "him" a Les Baer TRS when he was born. I carry it all the time, on our adventures, etc. I am putting wear on it and have had it for 10k miles worth of road trips, in more than a dozen states, etc. gonna give it to him full of stories when it's all said and done.

then I had another son so I gotta come up with a plan for that. Trying to get him a custom lever gun but it's damn near impossible these days. Oh yeah, I bought stuff without the custom serials in private sales, just as an added precaution
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:14:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

then I had another son so I gotta come up with a plan for that. Trying to get him a custom lever gun but it's damn near impossible these days. Oh yeah, I bought stuff without the custom serials in private sales, just as an added precaution
View Quote

Oh man I am a lever gun lover!  My main is a 45/70 Ted Yost built for me 18.5 in Barrel and a 12.5 in LOP (I have a short LOP).  I had them build me a matching 44 for when I go camping and I ran across a 30/30 done by them as well I picked u second hand.  All are built off the Marlin
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:17:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for sharing!  They don't make too many of those.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top