Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2020 3:04:18 PM EDT
We have 2 Taurus TX 22 rimfire pistols at the range as rentals. Both guns have around 8000 rounds fired in a roughly 4 month time frame. Unfortunately both guns suffered a broken spring in the slide. This particular spring is very small, and controls/tensions the firing pin block mechanism. Anyone else out there with a similar round count having this problem?

I will be contacting Taurus in a few minutes to see about replacement springs, but was curious to see if we're the only ones with this problem.

Will post my response from Taurus when I get it.

Talked with Taurus last night. They are sending me some replacement springs! Back in business.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 3:34:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Im a few thousand in with no issues. I will watch for this issue. If all I need to do is replace a spring every 8k rds I am fine with that. Report back with what Taurus says.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im a few thousand in with no issues. I will watch for this issue. If all I need to do is replace a spring every 8k rds I am fine with that. Report back with what Taurus says.
View Quote

Will do.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 5:46:56 PM EDT
[#3]
It should last longer. You may want to see if Wolff springs has a similar spring to replace it with. Also my Mossberg 702 22lr has 60,000 rounds on the original recoil spring and still doesnt feel worn or loose.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 2:06:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It should last longer. You may want to see if Wolff springs has a similar spring to replace it with. Also my Mossberg 702 22lr has 60,000 rounds on the original recoil spring and still doesnt feel worn or loose.
View Quote

See my post in GD with the same title. I amm trying to get in touch with Taurus to get the specs in an attempt to find readily available replacement springs. I will post results when I get them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 12:08:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Still waiting to hear from Taurus about the springs referred to in this thread............... waiting........
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 11:38:10 AM EDT
[#6]
See first post for the update.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 11:49:17 AM EDT
[#7]
FWIW, I lost that spring the first time I took my slide apart.  Contacted Taurus to see if I could buy a replacement.  They said they didn’t have enough inventory to send out springs for sale.  They did have me send my TX 22 to them as a warranty issue.  I told them it was my fault and offered to pay.  They’ve had it for 4 weeks now.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 1:06:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
FWIW, I lost that spring the first time I took my slide apart.  Contacted Taurus to see if I could buy a replacement.  They said they didn’t have enough inventory to send out springs for sale.  They did have me send my TX 22 to them as a warranty issue.  I told them it was my fault and offered to pay.  They’ve had it for 4 weeks now.
View Quote

See this is what pisses me off about them. They told you one thing, and then gave me another different sack of crap. They told me it was a restricted part.

I don't give a shit if a company has a minor snafu with things, it happens. But goddamn it Taurus, get out infront of the issue and make it right. I will be a much stronger supporter of someone that does that. In Taurus' case yes they are trying to make a much better product, and generally succeeding. But when they piss in their chili over warranty issues, and can't get their shit together and keep their stories straight, well thats no bueno.

UPDATE: I got a call from Taurus yesterday. They told me they would try to send me a couple of replacement springs in a day or two. Will let yall know what happens.

SPRINGS INBOUND.

Springs installed and guns back on the rental rack! Thank you Taurus!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:39:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

See this is what pisses me off about them. They told you one thing, and then gave me another different sack of crap. They told me it was a restricted part.

I don't give a shit if a company has a minor snafu with things, it happens. But goddamn it Taurus, get out infront of the issue and make it right. I will be a much stronger supporter of someone that does that. In Taurus' case yes they are trying to make a much better product, and generally succeeding. But when they piss in their chili over warranty issues, and can't get their shit together and keep their stories straight, well thats no bueno.

UPDATE: I got a call from Taurus yesterday. They told me they would try to send me a couple of replacement springs in a day or two. Will let yall know what happens.

SPRINGS INBOUND.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SPRINGS INBOUND.

I got an email from Taurus today that they’ve completed the warranty repair and are sending my tx22 back to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top