Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 3:38:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Actually there’s a new CS version.

View Quote

No. They just put the frame material on the tag now.

CS = carbon steel
AL = aluminum (C, C2)

Some idiots are just advertising it as "new CS frame!"

The change for 21 is a flush cut barrel, return of the Dawson magwell, and a 100 dollar price increase.  The DPO price was decreased but it doesn't come with plates anymore.

The TX prefix on the frames were replaced with 21.

Their initial announcement was that they were going to extend the slides to create a flush look then a week later they updated the site to reflect the current status.  I'm sure this way is cheaper and faster.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Well, heard from STI. They just asked if I tried other brands of ammo. Which not yet because I have thousands of this one kind stocked.

Guess I'll go buy some more ammo of different types.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Been happy with my Staccato C2 DUO for the most part. Has about 800 rounds (115 fmj and 147 HST) through it with no failures of any kind. My biggest gripe is the safety is wearing against the frame pretty bad. Contacted Staccato and they said it was normal though. Anyone experienced this too?

https://i.imgur.com/DLphyQK.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Y82tVxY.jpg
View Quote

NONE of  2011's do that
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

There's only been two P models in production, first the 4.1 barrel then they moved to 4.4 in model (last two years).  How many glock 17's are we up to now?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree 100%.

Figure out what you're doing already.  How many variations of the Stacatto P are there now? 1.0, 2.0, 3.0?  How can anyone comment on a general overall review of the gun when it changes every 6 months?  

There's only been two P models in production, first the 4.1 barrel then they moved to 4.4 in model (last two years).  How many glock 17's are we up to now?

Nah, there's at least three.  The tree bark grip version with the old style optic cut cover/rear sight 4.1"barrel, the first version I got Received april 2020 with the new grip and taller rear and front sight still marked STI 4.4" barrel and the version I bought for my wife with shorter sights and different markings and frame marked Staccato 4.4" barrel October 2020.  That's three.  There are more differences but I didn't wanna type it all out.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 5:37:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

NONE of  2011's do that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Been happy with my Staccato C2 DUO for the most part. Has about 800 rounds (115 fmj and 147 HST) through it with no failures of any kind. My biggest gripe is the safety is wearing against the frame pretty bad. Contacted Staccato and they said it was normal though. Anyone experienced this too?

https://i.imgur.com/DLphyQK.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Y82tVxY.jpg

NONE of  2011's do that

Sent in a warranty claim and hopefully they make it right. Might take a while with what's going on down there.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:58:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nah, there's at least three.  The tree bark grip version with the old style optic cut cover/rear sight 4.1"barrel, the first version I got Received april 2020 with the new grip and taller rear and front sight still marked STI 4.4" barrel and the version I bought for my wife with shorter sights and different markings and frame marked Staccato 4.4" barrel October 2020.  That's three.  There are more differences but I didn't wanna type it all out.
View Quote

^This^ Staccato has made / keeps making "rolling" changes to the 4.1" and 4.4" guns, including grip changes, mag release changes, DUO plate changes, recoil system changes, hammer changes, barrel marking/crown changes, DLC changes, mag changes, naming convention/serial number changes, magwell changes, sight/optic cover plate changes, addition of 4mm rear hole, etc... I could go on. Some of the changes, like magwell/baseplate differences, have cause compatibility issues. The 4mm also means that parts made for the newer guns do not fit the same model from prior years. Glock for the most part has only made changes with each generation leap, which are typically 6-12 years apart. There's no comparison between the two.

Improvements are good. I'm not arguing that. But the inconsistency, new terminology, etc. are confusing the customer. The whole "CS frame" is proof of that.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 1:01:20 PM EDT
[#7]
The basepads will all work with or without the magwell and the magwell is removable.

There is the "2019" P and the "2020" P.  I guess some later 19s came with the G2 grip so let's call those transitional.

All the other changes, DLC barrel standard, DLC barrel optional, plate change, etc are inconsequential.

Mags are the same, internal parts are the same, who cares.  If you're trying to keep up with the "latest and greatest" I suppose it can be frustrating, but thats no way to be.

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 5:46:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I think 50 was the going rate on the last gen magazines.  If you get them I wonder if they'll be Gen 2.
View Quote

The two 140mm mags that I have in hand from them were $50 each as well. They are Gen 2 mags without the Dawson aluminum basepad that comes standard now. They just have the plastic STI style. I picked up a couple of the Dawson pads from Dawson. So I didn't save any money on the mags but I was able to get some when everyone else was out.

The 17 round photos on the site are of the Gen 2 so that is what I expect. UPS pushed delivery another day due to this snow bullshit so I'll find out for sure tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 6:52:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The two 140mm mags that I have in hand from them were $50 each as well. They are Gen 2 mags without the Dawson aluminum basepad that comes standard now. They just have the plastic STI style. I picked up a couple of the Dawson pads from Dawson. So I didn't save any money on the mags but I was able to get some when everyone else was out.

The 17 round photos on the site are of the Gen 2 so that is what I expect. UPS pushed delivery another day due to this snow bullshit so I'll find out for sure tomorrow.
View Quote

It is definitely buyer beware out there.  I placed an order with Arnzen Arms because Dawson and STI both showed out of stock on 140s, I bought 5.  69.99 price and Dawson Tactical Advantage basepad in the description and on the bags they came in.  But they just had the STI plastic basepads.

I just put up a WTS (with full disclosure/pics) ad and instantly got my money back since I ship to ban states.

STI had ample stock then too so I just bought a bunch with the 15% off code.

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 8:03:56 PM EDT
[#10]
These are the only changes I've seen made on the 2021 offerings that caught my attention since it's effects reliability.

“All models will also include a redesigned slide stop optimized to interact with the magazine follower for flawless, reliable lockback after each and every magazine.

New extractor with improved hook geometry.”

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 8:27:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like my link expired on the last page but if I recall right those two changes were listed under the "inline changes during 2020" category.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:30:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Looks like my link expired on the last page but if I recall right those two changes were listed under the "inline changes during 2020" category.
View Quote

I believe you’re right on the Extractor according to this. Only the Slide Stop was new to 2021.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:52:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Well that is weird because didn't the OP of this thread mention a new slidestop months ago?  Probably why I rembered wrong.

When my "21" P, P DPO, and XL show up I'm going to have to compare the slidestops to my 2020 made guns.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:01:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The basepads will all work with or without the magwell and the magwell is removable.
View Quote

Not trying to be an ass but that's wrong. The first version of the aluminum Gen 2 baseplates did not work. The original plastic and current aluminum ones do work with the Dawson magwells.

Quoted:There is the "2019" P and the "2020" P.  I guess some later 19s came with the G2 grip so let's call those transitional.

All the other changes, DLC barrel standard, DLC barrel optional, plate change, etc are inconsequential.

Mags are the same, internal parts are the same, who cares.  If you're trying to keep up with the "latest and greatest" I suppose it can be frustrating, but thats no way to be.
View Quote

Gen 2 grip and mag release were introduced on the 2019 P. Frame was also changed to accommodate the Gen 2 grip. Also, the mid 2020 addition of the 4mm rear mounting hole to the DUO system is not what I'd call inconsequential. Agree to disagree on the rest.

I've owned the Staccato P5, 2019 Staccato P DUO, 2020 Staccato P DUO, 2020 Staccato XC, and DVC P so I have a little experience with these guns. All I've said is that Staccato keeps changing the product. That's irrefutable. Whether or not anyone cares is entirely up to them.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:04:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You sound like my dad, 8000 gleaming reviews and one bad one. (Everyone hates them)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man I'm glad I decided to pass on one of these.  Way too many issues for the cost of the gun

You sound like my dad, 8000 gleaming reviews and one bad one. (Everyone hates them)

This whole thread is full of people having issues.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:15:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Not trying to be an ass but that's wrong. The first version of the aluminum Gen 2 baseplates did not work. The original plastic and current aluminum ones do work with the Dawson magwells.

Gen 2 grip and mag release were introduced on the 2019 P. Frame was also changed to accommodate the Gen 2 grip. Also, the mid 2020 addition of the 4mm rear mounting hole to the DUO system is not what I'd call inconsequential. Agree to disagree on the rest.

I've owned the Staccato P5, 2019 Staccato P DUO, 2020 Staccato P DUO, 2020 Staccato XC, and DVC P so I have a little experience with these guns. All I've said is that Staccato keeps changing the product. That's irrefutable. Whether or not anyone cares is entirely up to them.
View Quote

Wait---there was another aluminum basepad between the current version (Dawson Precision) and the STI plastic ones?  Do you have any pics?

I've never seen nor heard that before.

As far as the frame goes plenty of people have put G1 grips on the newer guns so even though the frame was changed you can still use the old grips.  As far as the DUO change goes can you not just get the correct plate for your optic and still mount it?  I don't see an issue.

I agree though, they do seem to be changing the product an awful lot.  I guess whether or not that's a good thing is up to each individual.

You can make the case that they actually listen to customers and take feedback seriously or you can paint it as they are rushing things to market and trying to fix issues.

One of their engineers posts on another board, seems from his posts they really try to keep improving the product.  The mag/slide stop issue though does reek of struggling to address the classic Achilles heel of 2011s though---the severely tapered mags.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:43:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This whole thread is full of people having issues.
View Quote

This thread also has some green shooters which are magnets for issues. With that being said, I had most of the 2020's (P duo, C duo, C2 duo, XC) shot around 10k rounds through em, and only had one minor issue with extractor tension, easily solved. Went back to Glocks for practicality and never looked back.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:36:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quick question: Am I understanding correctly that if I buy a 2021 version of a P DPO, I will also have to buy a specific mounting plate / kit for my chosen optic (DPP)?  If so, is this why there was a slight reduction in the price of the gun itself?  I'm not complaining about this - just want to understand before taking next steps.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 1:01:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quick question: Am I understanding correctly that if I buy a 2021 version of a P DPO, I will also have to buy a specific mounting plate / kit for my chosen optic (DPP)?  If so, is this why there was a slight reduction in the price of the gun itself?  I'm not complaining about this - just want to understand before taking next steps.
View Quote

You are correct.

@gotfish

ETA: You do not need a plate for the DPP, it'll mount directly to the slide.

Link Posted: 2/19/2021 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#20]
^ Thanks - I appreciate the info.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 2:51:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Wait---there was another aluminum basepad between the current version (Dawson Precision) and the STI plastic ones?  Do you have any pics?

I've never seen nor heard that before.

As far as the frame goes plenty of people have put G1 grips on the newer guns so even though the frame was changed you can still use the old grips.  As far as the DUO change goes can you not just get the correct plate for your optic and still mount it?  I don't see an issue.

I agree though, they do seem to be changing the product an awful lot.  I guess whether or not that's a good thing is up to each individual.

You can make the case that they actually listen to customers and take feedback seriously or you can paint it as they are rushing things to market and trying to fix issues.

One of their engineers posts on another board, seems from his posts they really try to keep improving the product.  The mag/slide stop issue though does reek of struggling to address the classic Achilles heel of 2011s though---the severely tapered mags.
View Quote

There was, yeah. Buck discussed it over on Lightfighter if you follow that thread. Staccato realized their mistake and corrected it with the current baseplate. Here's a photo of my 2020 P and the Gen 2.1 mags before I sold it. I never used them because they wouldn't seat with a magwell.
Attachment Attached File

The frame change allows Gen 1's to retrofit onto Gen 2 guns but not the other way around. If you have a Gen 1 frame, you can only use Gen 1 grips.

You can obviously use whatever plates come with the gun but if you buy a new cover plate from Staccato or want to use a third party plate like the CHPWS ACRO, you need the rear hole or you're SOL.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

There is the "2019" P and the "2020" P.  I guess some later 19s came with the G2 grip so let's call those transitional.

View Quote
Nope.  The square Mag base plates from early 2020 will not work with the magwell, ask me how I know.   Later contoured base plates are good to go however.   Me, I ain't trying to keep up with anything.  I find the changes interesting if nothing else and wonder at the reasoning.
The mag baseplate I got on every mag early 2020 were designed to prevent over insertion.  Not a problem I ever had but ok.  New base plates work with mag well and mag release redesigned to prevent over insertion.   Interesting.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#23]
How many of those basepads made it out the door, seems like a large oversight.

Even stranger is that they're still shipping mags with the plastic basepads over a year later.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
How many of those basepads made it out the door, seems like a large oversight.

Even stranger is that they're still shipping mags with the plastic baseoads over a year later.
View Quote

Unknown.  I was a little upset when I got the magwell sold on their site with no note they wouldn't work with standard aluminum base plates.
I don't speak for Staccato, but I think they introduced before they were ready and were not prepared for the success of the pistols.  I'd imagine they've been busier than a one legged man at a butt kicking contest.  As for the plastic base plates shipping now, I'd imagine it's simply to get guns out the door and they have a surplus on hand.  I never cared which base plate was on my mags, as long as they worked.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:09:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Unknown.  I was a little upset when I got the magwell sold on their site with no note they wouldn't work with standard aluminum base plates.
I don't speak for Staccato, but I think they introduced before they were ready and were not prepared for the success of the pistols.  I'd imagine they've been busier than a one legged man at a butt kicking contest.  As for the plastic base plates shipping now, I'd imagine it's simply to get guns out the door and they have a surplus on hand.  I never cared which base plate was on my mags, as long as they worked.
View Quote

If you buy from them or Dawson they ship with the plastic ones on the mags but the Dawson Precision ones are included in a separate bag.

Guess they're getting rid of the old ones.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 6:22:30 AM EDT
[#26]

So do I have the most current screw set up on my P? Bought in March 2020 , honestly at this point I am very confused with all the new stuff?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:02:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Mags from Botach showed up few days ago. Gen 2 with plastic basepads. Dodged another Botach bullet. They shipped them the day after I ordered but UPS was all fucked up here due to the storm so instead of 2nd Day Air I got sixth day we'll get to it when we get to it.

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:28:01 PM EDT
[#28]
New 2021 Staccato p 150 rds in w/ no issues so far, i am looking for spare recoil springs for the 4.4 but dawson and staccato seem to be sold out.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 12:53:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Finally got all my holsters in to play with. I ended up sticking with my Spotlight that I already use with my G17. If anyone is looking for new Saya 2.0s (one X300, one TLR1) for cheap let me know.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 4:40:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Got my first 2021 spec Staccato P in yesterday.  I ordered it 2 days before the changes were announced so I got it at the old cheaper price and the old better discount (15 percent vs 10).  They called me a few weeks ago to ask if it was ok to ship me a different gun than what I ordered and I said go ahead, I just assumed that would be the case.  I also asked for clarification since the initial announcement said they made the slide .050" longer to get the flush look but on their site now they word it like the barrel just gets flush cut.  I was told that it was both.

Old above, new below.

The magazine hodgepodge continues as well, I got 1 x 20 and 2 x 17s.

A little harder to check the barrel fit this way (I always do on cone guns as it is easy to improperly fit this type of barrel and I've received sloppy Tanfos before) but still doable.  Still solid like all STI/Staccatos I've handled.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 1:54:11 AM EDT
[#31]
So this weekend I found the time to do what I always do with a new gun and strip it down and remove all the factory oil/grease/preservative and give it a good oiling.  I also check extractor tension on 1911/2011s.

Slide to frame and barrel to slide fit are outstanding as are all of the Staccatos I've had now.  Dan Wesson level IMO.  Extractor tension checked out great like every STI/Staccato I've had now but I did have a rather large metal chip in one of the slide rails that was never cleaned out during the assembly/test fire/cleaning process.  I noticed also a few cosmetic things that were a first among my Staccatos---some chatter marks on the ejector blade and also in the frame towards the rear of the dustcover between the wings of the forward most frame rails.

But then the kicker was this:

Again, only cosmetic but man is it ugly.  There is a sharp ridge inside of the hammer where they didn't fully machine the inside and a large lip was left.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 2:06:57 AM EDT
[#32]
One thing STI/Staccato knows how to do is fit a barrel,  I wish the other high end production 1911s were anything like as good.

Someone missed that on the hammer after EDMing.  Things like that are one reason why I don't want an expensive finish on guns like that from the factory.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 2:19:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
One thing STI/Staccato knows how to do is fit a barrel,  I wish the other high end production 1911s were anything like as good.

Someone missed that on the hammer after EDMing.  Things like that are one reason why I don't want an expensive finish on guns like that from the factory.
View Quote

If I ever decide to file that down at least it is in a spot you really can't see.

I'm sure when I find some range time the gun will run.  I just am pretty observant with a keen eye on machining details due to my work history and a few fit/finish things stood out on this gun vs my other Staccatos.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 7:33:54 AM EDT
[#34]
They’ll most likely replace that hammer for you if you mention it to their customer service. The cs seems to be decent at the moment.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 8:47:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Hate to break it to you but every single Staccato hammer looks exactly like that.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 9:12:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Hate to break it to you but every single Staccato hammer looks exactly like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

My others don't.

Quoted:
They’ll most likely replace that hammer for you if you mention it to their customer service. The cs seems to be decent at the moment.

I agree, they are good.  Wouldn't bother for something cosmetic like this especially since that means sending the gun in.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 9:17:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

My others don't.
View Quote

Nor does mine.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 9:42:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Are those the old DVC-style hammers or the new "combat" hammer from 2020 forward? All the Staccato's I've own or handled (10+) have had a bur from the wire EDM process. My older guns with the DVC hammers did not (2019 Staccato P and DVC-P).
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Are those the old DVC-style hammers or the new "combat" hammer from 2020 forward? All the Staccato's I've own or handled (10+) have had a bur from the wire EDM process. My older guns with the DVC hammers did not (2019 Staccato P and DVC-P).
View Quote

Mines a 2019.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 7:18:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

None of mine look like that.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 9:45:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Slide to frame and barrel to slide fit are outstanding as are all of the Staccatos I've had now.  Dan Wesson level IMO.  Extractor tension checked out great like every STI/Staccato I've had now but I did have a rather large metal chip in one of the slide rails that was never cleaned out during the assembly/test fire/cleaning process.  I noticed also a few cosmetic things that were a first among my Staccatos---some chatter marks on the ejector blade and also in the frame towards the rear of the dustcover between the wings of the forward most frame rails.

View Quote

What sucks is that even with the ever increasing price Dan Wesson seems to do a much better Job than STI. I don't know why the double stack guns are so different but I sold a ton of Dan Wesson and even Springfield guns with very few returns(not sure I returned any Dan Wesson guns but it's been a while). That hammer blemish should have never slipped through on a gun like this. I'd expect it on something like a Rock Island but honestly once you are getting close to $1000 there's no excuse.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 11:42:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What sucks is that even with the ever increasing price Dan Wesson seems to do a much better Job than STI. I don't know why the double stack guns are so different but I sold a ton of Dan Wesson and even Springfield guns with very few returns(not sure I returned any Dan Wesson guns but it's been a while). That hammer blemish should have never slipped through on a gun like this. I'd expect it on something like a Rock Island but honestly once you are getting close to $1000 there's no excuse.
View Quote

It is disappointing but at the end of the day purely cosmetic.

I do tend to compare everything to Dan Wessons because of how amazing they are for the price, especially the prices they used to be.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 8:28:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I do tend to compare everything to Dan Wessons because of how amazing they are for the price, especially the prices they used to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They became the non custom benchmark. We stocked Wilson Nighthawk Ed Brown and the like and when Dan Wesson came on the scent we bought them and checked them out side by side. It was clear what a value they were. Hard to justify something like a $1500 kimber after that.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 3:37:34 PM EDT
[#44]
This thread had me worried cause I just picked up a P made in December 2020. Ran 4 mags flawless today, one HST, one blaser, one S&B.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 1:47:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Something else I'm seeing on the 2021 guns (not mine, as I opt for black barrels) is the barrel isn't a dull bead blast finish anymore, it is much more shiny.

IMO they should have just made the black barrels standard again.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 2:06:48 PM EDT
[#46]
I have a few of them. C2 duo, P duo, XC. All 2020 models 21-22xxx on c2 and Xc and 27xxx on the P. The engraving is a little different on the 27xxx gun and the trigger feels a little more crisp than the other two. The P has the newer thinner rmr plate and shorter front sight. DPP on the c2 and XC and holosun 508t on the P. Probably 1k through the c2, 800-1k through the xc and 1500 through the P. I started to work up a 124 Nosler jhp/autocomp load with the xc. Over a .6gr spread every round would have been in the x of a b8 at 25yds if the zero was adjusted.

I think twice with the c2 it has failed to feed the first round of some 147gr fp reloads. Hung up on the feed ramp and just had to tap the slide and it went into battery. I switched out the 8lb recoil spring in the xc for a 9lb and it definitely strips a round with more authority and haven't noticed any negatives or failures even with 125-130pf loads.

First 2011s I've purchased and they've become my favorite guns to shoot. I was at a Bob Vogel class the other weekend shooting the P on day one and shot the XC on day two. No hiccups whatsoever. On one of the last relays Bob asked to shoot the XC. He seemed impressed with it.

I'm kinda looking for a 4.15" P to try shooting carry optics with.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have a few of them. C2 duo, P duo, XC. All 2020 models 21-22xxx on c2 and Xc and 27xxx on the P. The engraving is a little different on the 27xxx gun and the trigger feels a little more crisp than the other two. The P has the newer thinner rmr plate and shorter front sight. DPP on the c2 and XC and holosun 508t on the P. Probably 1k through the c2, 800-1k through the xc and 1500 through the P. I started to work up a 124 Nosler jhp/autocomp load with the xc. Over a .6gr spread every round would have been in the x of a b8 at 25yds if the zero was adjusted.

I think twice with the c2 it has failed to feed the first round of some 147gr fp reloads. Hung up on the feed ramp and just had to tap the slide and it went into battery. I switched out the 8lb recoil spring in the xc for a 9lb and it definitely strips a round with more authority and haven't noticed any negatives or failures even with 125-130pf loads.

First 2011s I've purchased and they've become my favorite guns to shoot. I was at a Bob Vogel class the other weekend shooting the P on day one and shot the XC on day two. No hiccups whatsoever. On one of the last relays Bob asked to shoot the XC. He seemed impressed with it.

I'm kinda looking for a 4.15" P to try shooting carry optics with.
View Quote

Why the 4.15" instead of 4.45"?

I didn't think SAO guns were allowed in CO.

Now that there are more options available when you order I wish one of them would be a better trigger.  The first P and C2 I got both had 4lb 20z triggers, a bit heavy for me for a 2k dollar gun.

No complaints about the XC/XL, right at 2lb 2oz.  My latest P is 4lb 4oz though and that is what got me thinking about how I wish when you placed your order that besides barrel/finish options you could spec the XL/XC trigger into the Ps.  I know I would.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Why the 4.15" instead of 4.45"?

I didn't think SAO guns were allowed in CO.

Now that there are more options available when you order I wish one of them would be a better trigger.  The first P and C2 I got both had 4lb 20z triggers, a bit heavy for me for a 2k dollar gun.

No complaints about the XC/XL, right at 2lb 2oz.  My latest P is 4lb 4oz though and that is what got me thinking about how I wish when you placed your order that besides barrel/finish options you could spec the XL/XC trigger into the Ps.  I know I would.
View Quote

Idpa is ok for sao but longer than 4.25" bull barrel is not. Obviously I could shoot my c2. Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to buy another one.

I actually wish the xc trigger was a bit heavier. The P has become my go to outside of carrying the c2 aiwb and there's an adjustment period readjusting to prepping the trigger on the xc. 3.5-4lbs seems to be the sweet spot for me.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 7:10:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Idpa is ok for sao but longer than 4.25" bull barrel is not. Obviously I could shoot my c2. Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to buy another one.

I actually wish the xc trigger was a bit heavier. The P has become my go to outside of carrying the c2 aiwb and there's an adjustment period readjusting to prepping the trigger on the xc. 3.5-4lbs seems to be the sweet spot for me.
View Quote

Ahh, IDPA.  I didn't know they had a CO division I assumed USPSA CO.

I'd be good with 3 to 3.5 also, I just think 4 to 4.25 is a bit much.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#50]
2 months and a day later

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top