Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2020 10:26:31 AM EDT
Looking for advice on how to best attach a scope to my Super Redhawk.

I have a scope that will work with the factory M77 rings, but I have read that these rings will mar the frame with little half-circle gouge marks when tightened.

Is there any way to avoid this? Does anyone have experience with different rings that won’t damage the frame? I get that it’s only cosmetic, but I would like to avoid if at all possible.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 4:28:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Short of a D&T of the top strap, I am not aware of any mount for the SRH that does not utilize the frame cutouts.
If you wanted to use an MRDS there are mounts that replace the rear sight but for an actual scope, it he cutouts are it.

IMHO just use the Ruger rings. They hold the scope secure and are one of the better quality rings for the cutouts.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 6:39:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Short of a D&T of the top strap, I am not aware of any mount for the SRH that does not utilize the frame cutouts.
If you wanted to use an MRDS there are mounts that replace the rear sight but for an actual scope, it he cutouts are it.

IMHO just use the Ruger rings. They hold the scope secure and are one of the better quality rings for the cutouts.
View Quote

So in your opinion are the gouge marks on the frame unavoidable?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top