Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2024 8:14:48 PM EDT
Simple question..... Which one shoots flatter?
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 8:28:41 PM EDT
[#1]
PMM
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 8:43:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By vandal:
PMM
View Quote

I think ill get the new radian comp for the p365
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 8:50:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you thought about a spectre comp slide? Uses the 3.1" barrel but shoots considerably flatter than the short slide.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 8:55:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Same. I've had PMM and Spectre Comp and I'm waiting for the Radian Afterburner 365

Originally Posted By Shadow123:

I think ill get the new radian comp for the p365
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/10/2024 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By wookie1562:
Have you thought about a spectre comp slide? Uses the 3.1" barrel but shoots considerably flatter than the short slide.
View Quote

I think I am leaning toward the radian comp coming in q2.  But I want to make sure it will shoot flatter than the macro or the spectre comp. I assume the radian comp will have a similar performance to the pmm.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Same. I've had PMM and Spectre Comp and I'm waiting for the Radian Afterburner 365

View Quote

Do you the pmm shoot flatter and better than the spectre comp?
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:16:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vandal] [#7]
PMM shoots much flatter than Spectre Comp. PMM is a real (barrel) comp. Spectre Comp just being venting cuts in the slide is not nearly as effective.

I expect the Radian 365 Afterburner comp to be about the same as the PMM.

Do you the pmm shoot flatter and better than the spectre comp?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:24:54 PM EDT
[#8]
PMM shoots much flatter than Spectre Comp. PMM is a real (barrel) comp. Spectre Comp just being venting cuts in the slide is not nearly as effective.

View Quote

The spectre comp barrel is inset into the slide which is what enables the slide comp to function.

If a screw on comp performs noticable better, it's likely due to the extra weight hanging on the end of the barrel rather than actual comp performance.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:29:05 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Are you running the stock triggers?
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 8:16:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm really pleased with the PMM comp I've got on an XL slide, it's on a Macro now,
I've shot identical XL's one with the cop, one without, significant difference, I've got
3000-3500 rd's through it with zero failures of any kind, the barrel's accurate.
I can't speak to the Sig comp but, I'd take a 3.7" barrel to a 3.1, the PMM adds
1/2" to OAL, which I really don't notice.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 1:27:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, stock flat trigger.

Are you running the stock triggers?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/12/2024 2:43:34 AM EDT
[#12]

The spectre comp barrel is inset into the slide which is what enables the slide comp to function.

If a screw on comp performs noticable better, it's likely due to the extra weight hanging on the end of the barrel rather than actual comp performance.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Screw on comps have an actual expansion chamber that forces the gas to go in a particular direction.  Slide comps don't, they're on par or maybe even a little behind barrel porting.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 1:14:37 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote
Is there enough gas to make the comp work before the slide unlocks? I saw a video of Tony Cowden saying the slide comps don't do anything due to this.

Has there been any published testing done?
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 1:40:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 96Ag:
Is there enough gas to make the comp work before the slide unlocks? I saw a video of Tony Cowden saying the slide comps don't do anything due to this.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 96Ag:

The front of the slide comp is wide open, that allows gas to take the path of least resistance and just shoot out the front.  A true comp will only have the near bore sized hole in the front, so when the muzzle blast hits the front of the expansion chamber it's forced out through the comps ports, thus mitigating recoil, muzzle rise, or both.  Not to say the slide comps don't work at all, they're just not as effective as a proper comp.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 2:21:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Data suggests that slide comps perform quite comparably to thread-on comps. Limited test at the link and image below, but the slide comp is right in the mix between the two thread-ons.

Talk of expansion chambers strikes me as superfluous. The purpose of any comp is to dump excess gas after a bullet has departed the bore. The purpose is not to create V2 rocket nozzles on the top of the barrel. Even if V2 rocket nozzles were the purpose, thread-on comps would not be particularly effective as the bulk of gas pressure takes the path of least resistance out the front of the barrel when the bullet departs.

The ported barrel and slide combination performs measurably better because the ports relieve pressure and exert a downward force for significantly longer duration before the bullet departs the bore and opens the path of least resistance.

https://www.recoilweb.com/carry-gun-science-ported-vs-comp-vs-slide-comp-vs-bare-muzzle-181664.html
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 1:58:12 PM EDT
[#16]
The "longer duration" makes sense to me. What doesn't make sense to me is how the Macro slide comp did better than the PMM comp in that test. PMM has a real comp, longer barrel, comp adding weight to the end. All the Macro comp could offer would be a shorter barrel and presumably more gas?

And having owned both and shot them back to back, the PMM seemed much more effective.

The ported barrel and slide combination performs measurably better because the ports relieve pressure and exert a downward force for significantly longer duration before the bullet departs the bore and opens the path of least resistance.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/15/2024 2:30:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: esdunbar] [#17]
I have not shot the PMM gun, but I can tell you that the 365 AXG Legion shoots much flatter than the Macro with the comp.  The aluminum frame really makes a difference.  I was shocked how fast my dot was back on target.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 3:39:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: November5] [#18]
Data suggests that slide comps perform quite comparably to thread-on comps. Limited test at the link and image below, but the slide comp is right in the mix between the two thread-ons.

Talk of expansion chambers strikes me as superfluous. The purpose of any comp is to dump excess gas after a bullet has departed the bore. The purpose is not to create V2 rocket nozzles on the top of the barrel. Even if V2 rocket nozzles were the purpose, thread-on comps would not be particularly effective as the bulk of gas pressure takes the path of least resistance out the front of the barrel when the bullet departs.

https://i.imgur.com/mZSdJVV.png
https://www.recoilweb.com/carry-gun-science-ported-vs-comp-vs-slide-comp-vs-bare-muzzle-181664.html
View Quote
I've shot ported barrels, slide comps, and comps back to back.  My findings aren't remotely similar to that guys.  I was using G19s, not 365s, but still the comps were the clear winner.  The slide comp and ported barrel were about even.  Neither were close to the comp.  The slide comp was an ARC Reactor, ported gun was a NineX19, comp was a Radian.  After shooting all three, the buddy that owned the ARC sold it and bought a Radian.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 7:56:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I went with the Fdez Werx XXL comp'd slide with ported barrel.  So I get a 3.7" ported barrel with a comp at the end of it. I love it, and shoot it fast.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#20]
It may not matter to some but, a shorter barrel with a ported slide will produce less velocity. PMM has a video on their web site measuring recoil reduction and velocity with their 365 barrel and comp. I do hear the Legion' s are sweet shooter's, I'd guess the module plays a big part in that.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 8:16:50 PM EDT
[#21]
This appeals to me, but what is holster availability like?

Originally Posted By agilmore01:
I went with the Fdez Werx XXL comp'd slide with ported barrel.  So I get a 3.7" ported barrel with a comp at the end of it. I love it, and shoot it fast.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top