Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2022 1:33:44 AM EDT
Did SIG discontinue the (non-Emperor) Scorpion? It's not listed on the website anymore but they have been popping up for sale near me.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:11:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Haven't been listed for a couple of years.  Sig could have made run of them if they had an old order.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 9:07:36 PM EDT
[#2]
So Bass Pro has this new Scorpion on their website listed as an "Exclusive" and the picture they are using is what the original Scorpion looked like: solid trigger, silver barrel and hammer

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/sig-sauer-1911-scorpion-full-size-semi-auto-pistol

I went today and picked one up and it actually seems to be some sort of Emperor/regular Scorpion hybrid as it now has the skeletonized trigger and hammer in black as well as a black barrel but retains the Scorpion grips.

It also comes with three mags.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 2:21:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So Bass Pro has this new Scorpion on their website listed as an "Exclusive" and the picture they are using is what the original Scorpion looked like: solid trigger, silver barrel and hammer

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/sig-sauer-1911-scorpion-full-size-semi-auto-pistol

I went today and picked one up and it actually seems to be some sort of Emperor/regular Scorpion hybrid as it now has the skeletonized trigger and hammer in black as well as a black barrel but retains the Scorpion grips.

https://i.imgur.com/mgd7ILM.jpg

It also comes with three mags.
View Quote

Is that New? It looks like it's got some noticeable wear on it in certain places. Unless this is like the MCX Noctis and is a Cabelas/Bass Pro special, it might just be a parted out 1911 from what SIG had leftover from stock.

The model number 1911R-45-SCPN3M only shows up for Cabelas/Bass Pro.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 2:52:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Is that New? It looks like it's got some noticeable wear on it in certain places. Unless this is like the MCX Noctis and is a Cabelas/Bass Pro special, it might just be a parted out 1911 from what SIG had leftover from stock.

The model number 1911R-45-SCPN3M only shows up for Cabelas/Bass Pro.
View Quote

Yea, its new. If you're talking about the trigger, that's just some residue that wiped off. The rear sight sort of looks worn but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to look that way as it's very uniform all the way around. Anything on the slide is just from my grubby mitts leaving marks on the lube from the bag it came in.

The Cabela's I bought mine from had five in stock and the Bass Pro in town also has them so it seems like they made quite a few, whatever the reason.

Only markings on the mag are a patent number on the follower which is registered to Check Mate so I'll probably be upgrading the mags.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:40:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Dealer exclusive gun. Interesting since Sig doesn't crank out many 1911s these days.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:01:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Dealer exclusive gun. Interesting since Sig doesn't crank out many 1911s these days.
View Quote

Yea that's part of the reason I jumped on it. The were/are very highly regarded for the price point, hopefully that quality is still present in this version.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 10:42:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

My thoughts also.

Looks like they took an Emperor Scorpion and put the original Scorpion grips on it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#8]
For shits and giggles I occasionally go to dicks sporting goods. I like to look over the gun section for some laughs at the prices.

They now carry the sig scorpion for $1200. I was actually surprised to see it. Old sales guy said they were now carrying them as a stock item.

EDIT*** sorry it was actually field and stream. The two stores are in the same building, you walk from one side to the other, it like one big store.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
For shits and giggles I occasionally go to dicks sporting goods. I like to look over the gun section for some laughs at the prices.

They now carry the sig scorpion for $1200. I was actually surprised to see it. Old sales guy said they were now carrying them as a stock item.
View Quote

Didn't DICKS stop selling firearms after the wokeness that was caused by Minneapolis?
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's cheaper to crank out poly guns than retool for 1911s.  

Sad that the TACOPS went away.  

Saw one on EE for waaaaay to much.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 4:00:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's cheaper to crank out poly guns than retool for 1911s.  

Sad that the TACOPS went away.  

Saw one on EE for waaaaay to much.  
View Quote

I think I found the one you're referring to.  Crazy what a little time and scarcity will do.  I grabbed a used one in very nice condition a few years back for under $900.

Definitely unfortunate they discontinued the TACOPS, I felt it was a great option in the realm of mid/lowish-priced 1911's.  

Link Posted: 8/18/2022 12:18:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Both back from being cleaned and reworked from SIG.

Both will now sit in the safe for a long, long time (TACOPS discontinued and rumors flying around that the Emperor Scorp is also on its way out).
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Didn't DICKS stop selling firearms after the wokeness that was caused by Minneapolis?
View Quote

Shit my mistake, the local Dicks sporting goods is joined to the Field and stream store.
When you walk it is one big store. Small partition wall at the front and back. So when you walk there is no indication of being in another store.

It was field and stream with the scorpion.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 7:31:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Shit my mistake, the local Dicks sporting goods is joined to the Field and stream store.
When you walk it is one big store. Small partition wall at the front and back. So when you walk there is no indication of being in another store.

It was field and stream with the scorpion.
View Quote

Got it... I have a DICKS about twenty minutes from me and they were one of the first stores to wipe their shelves clean of their firearms.

Wonder what they ended up doing with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top