Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2018 1:20:16 AM EDT
Just recently picked one up at the LGS.  Was looking for a new EDC piece and chose this pistol  after reading online reviews and handling several other handguns.  The grip on this gun is perfect for me, several other choices had grips that were just too small for me to get comfortable with.  I like the fact that the magazines hold 10 rounds and this model has an ambidextrous safety.  I have the two tone stainless version and it got some attention at the range.

Speaking of the range, the first time I took it out I had FTF issues.  Every round got jammed hard into the feed ramp. After 30 rounds I called it a day, needless to say I was a bit disappointed.  After some research I found out the magazines were to blame (they were very difficult to load). I called SCCY, spoke to the gunsmith and 2 new magazines were on the way.  These were considerably easier to load and after a quick run of 50 rounds I did not experience a single FTF or any other sort of malfunction.  I've only run Rem 115 FMJ and Hornady XTP 124 through and it feeds both just fine.  This gun is a keeper!  It is DAO so trigger pull is long but IMO better than my old S&W 442 hammerless.

After getting the FTF issue solved I can say that I'm satisfied with this pistol and very satisfied with SCCY's customer service!  After more ammo testing it will be my EDC piece.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 1:24:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a CPX-2 no safety. Shoots fine. Just that DAO is a long stiff pull.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 6:42:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Keep youy eye on the frame pins.  Mine tend to walk.  Other than that, SCCY is good to go.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 8:03:18 AM EDT
[#3]
i have a cpx1 and wish it didnt have the safety. if i shoot it fast i sometimes bump the lever to safe. the gen 2s were offered without a safety or a "fence" under the lever
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 11:27:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Keep youy eye on the frame pins.  Mine tend to walk.  Other than that, SCCY is good to go.
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 12:09:39 PM EDT
[#5]
The tip of the firing pin broke off on mine during dry firing practice and I didn't know until the next range outing. SCCY's customer service is good, aside from a curious requirement to ship parts to a FFL...no clue why. Sold the pistol after that. My Shield 9 is better in almost every respect than the CPX was.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 1:24:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Better off with a Ruger EC9s. Mine was junk
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 10:45:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the CPX-2 with 500+ rounds through it with 0 issues.  Hope yours gets worked out.  I have polished the feed ramp on mine.  Give that a try for smoother feeding.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#8]
A guy at work bought two. One for him and one for his daughter. He had one that worked like a top, and the other one was a Failure to feed/ failure to eject jam-o-matic. He is sending, the one back.

If its like a kel-tec, you can follow the fluff and buff recommendations over on KTOG. Also, if its like a Keltec, the extractorspring might need replacing. I had a keltec pf9 that needed two of the leaf springs for the extractor.

I got tired or F-ing with keltec so I buy Rugers now.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 4:17:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
FYI, my EC9S was junk
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 2:16:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
FYI, my EC9S was junk
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FYI, my EC9S was junk
Just can't win can we?
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 6:16:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Just can't win can we?
View Quote
I dunno, my PPS seems GTG
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a CPX-1 and at the range last week it would not easily chamber the Geco brand ammo I had (everything else does) but had no problems with Sellier and Bellot I brought along. Both were 115 gr fmj.

I found the gun for $179 out-the-door at a pawn shop I use as an FFL and it came complete with paperwork, an extra mag and lock, and appeared new.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 8:40:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 9:33:15 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote
Well that's neat and seems like an easy process, although I doubt I will change this one. The purple makes it unique among my collection.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 9:47:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Mine did also.  I just used a punch and moved it out about a 1/4 inch and put a small drop of superglue and pushed it back in

No problems after that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top