Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2020 8:45:03 AM EDT
Are Colt SAA revolvers ever found for list price?  Been looking for several years now and every time I see one they are always well over 2k
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 11:54:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope.

Buy Uberti and you will have a better product and a real shooter.  

Colt triggers suck.  Colt is asshoe to consumers for the AR platform and the 1873 style platform.  I have no idea why they used to have  booth at the major SASS matches.  Absolute shit triggers and no fucks given about making enough production to get prices in a more competitive territory.

Stainless is also a good thing:

Link Posted: 12/25/2020 12:03:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope.

Buy Uberti and you will have a better product and a real shooter.  

Colt triggers suck.  Colt is asshoe to consumers for the AR platform and the 1873 style platform.  I have no idea why they used to have  booth at the major SASS matches.  Absolute shit triggers and no fucks given about making enough production to get prices in a more competitive territory.

Stainless is also a good thing:

https://i.imgur.com/Bl3D3rt.jpg
View Quote

Uberti is really that much better than colt?  SS is nice, but I have a hankering for a case colored 45 LC revolver.

Years ago I was given a Beretta Stampede as gift, nice pistol but I think I read its a painted on finish and not true case coloring.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 3:48:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I can compete with an out of the box Uberti.  I have seen me do it.

Colt, not so much. (I actually do own two Colts)

Rugers are built like a battleship, so take a good look at them too. They don't have all that stupid lawyer shit on the side on the newer ones.

Link Posted: 12/25/2020 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Uberti has stepped on their dicks lately with all the safety crap.

Pietta Still makes an honest 4 clicker and quality is rivaling Uberti and triggers are better.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 12:21:23 AM EDT
[#5]

The only thing "wrong" with my 3rd gen Colt trigger is that it is a smidge too light. Well worth the $1200 I paid for it a couple years ago. I have handled many a SAA by multiple manufacturers. In my experience Colt beats everyone except USFA and Standard Manufacturing. You pay for those two as well. The others make fine revolvers for their price point, and if I was going to shoot them a lot I would get a Pietta.

Link Posted: 12/28/2020 6:14:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Uberti is really that much better than colt?  .
View Quote

No.  Uberti is not ‘better than Colt’ as a rule.

Not to mention the Uberti front sight doesn’t look as good as Colts.

Are some Ubertis better than some junk 1980s 3rd Gens?  Possibly.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Are Colt SAA revolvers ever found for list price?  Been looking for several years now and every time I see one they are always well over 2k
View Quote

Another way to look at it:  You could have paid the price several years ago and been enjoying the gun all this time.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 3:31:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The only thing "wrong" with my 3rd gen Colt trigger is that it is a smidge too light. Well worth the $1200 I paid for it a couple years ago. I have handled many a SAA by multiple manufacturers. In my experience Colt beats everyone except USFA and Standard Manufacturing. You pay for those two as well. The others make fine revolvers for their price point, and if I was going to shoot them a lot I would get a Pietta.

https://images2.imgbox.com/a9/4a/f7lSQLia_o.jpg
View Quote

Nice! I bought one just like it in .357 Magnum when I graduated high school in 1979 (Damn I'm old. ) It's still going strong after all these years.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:02:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nice! I bought one just like it in .357 Magnum when I graduated high school in 1979 (Damn I'm old. ) It's still going strong after all these years.
View Quote

I am only a couple years behind you. Mine it is from late 1978 from the serial number.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 3:53:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I just got a lightly handled, possibly unfired 7.5" SAA (1979 SN range) on GB for $1825.  Next one will be an artillery model, going to try to get that one on post to save on the WA sales rape tax.  I personally would not pay more than $1900, the inflated prices are silly.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 4:25:05 PM EDT
[#11]
2nd
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 9:17:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Not to hijack the thread, but I immediately wondered what CZ would do with the SAA line when they announced they were buying Colt. Ramp up production a bit? Clean up QC issues?

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 11:49:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not to hijack the thread, but I immediately wondered what CZ would do with the SAA line when they announced they were buying Colt. Ramp up production a bit? Clean up QC issues?

Thoughts?
View Quote

I'd like to see a true custom shop, competition ready SAA for cowboy action shooting.  Doesn't make much sense to buy a $2k pistol and ship it directly to a shop to clean up the action before you ever fire it.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top