Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2020 1:13:23 PM EDT
Received a Springfield Armory Xdm in .45 as a surprise Christmas present. Seems to be a decently made pistol. Going to keep it for sentimental reasons if nothing else, even if I end up not caring for it.

Been comparing it to my Glock 21 this morning, haven't fired it yet. Anyone else have one?
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Great pistol and I am sure after shooting it you will like it. Very reliable regardless of what the trolls will have to say. I've got an XD45 Service and a XDm 3.8C along with several variations of 9's. I've got over 5k  through my XD45 alone with no issues.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 3:51:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great pistol and I am sure after shooting it you will like it. Very reliable regardless of what the trolls will have to say. I've got an XD45 Service and a XDm 3.8C along with several variations of 9's. I've got over 5k  through my XD45 alone with no issues.
View Quote

^^^This.   I really like the xDM line, have a 9 & 40.  Been eyeing an xDS in 45 for a while, just haven’t pulled the trigger.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 3:56:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Received a Springfield Armory Xdm in .45 as a surprise Christmas present. Seems to be a decently made pistol. Going to keep it for sentimental reasons if nothing else, even if I end up not caring for it.

Been comparing it to my Glock 21 this morning, haven't fired it yet. Anyone else have one?
View Quote

GREAT PISTOL FOR THE MONEY!  I'm the opposite have an SA XDM .45 and got a Glock 21 SF!  My question is, how is the 21?  Will I love it?
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 4:15:42 PM EDT
[#4]
XD's get crapped on a lot around here by the tier1 GD millionaire supermodels, but my xdm45 is one of my favorite pistols to shoot suppressed. It's not without some downfalls IMO, but it's far from the horror you'd expect reading things here.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 4:28:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats!

My favorite pistol, so far, is the 4.5" xdm 10.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 4:32:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys! Sounds like it is a good gun.

Yes, I like the G21, a bit large for my hand, but is very accurate. It is, however, not the SF model.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#7]
You really want to giggle?

Get a Powder River Precision Ultimate Match Trigger Kit. The OEM trigger is excellent. The PRP trigger is sublime. I've never felt a double action trigger that comes close.

PRP has a bunch of other stuff for the XDm as well. In addition to the trigger, I installed a solid guide rod and Wolff heavy recoil spring for heavy outdoorsman loads. Also put an extended mag release on it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Get a Powder River Precision Ultimate Match Trigger Kit. The OEM trigger is excellent. The PRP trigger is sublime. I've never felt a double action trigger that comes close.

PRP has a bunch of other stuff for the XDm as well. In addition to the trigger, I installed a solid guide rod and Wolff heavy recoil spring for heavy outdoorsman loads. Also put an extended mag release on it.
View Quote

This have them in two of mine, one in the XD45 Service and one in an XDM9.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 7:59:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Threaded barrel???

Tall sights???

Link Posted: 12/26/2020 1:12:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice gift. I really like my XDm 5.25 9mm.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 9:20:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I second this recommendation.  Highly.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 9:28:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

XD design is single action, not double.  Take your slide off and watch the action.  The sear drops straight down, no retracting of the striker at all like Glock does.  Single action movement.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 10:44:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

XD design is single action, not double.  Take your slide off and watch the action.  The sear drops straight down, no retracting of the striker at all like Glock does.  Single action movement.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. Learn something new every day. Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 8:49:01 AM EDT
[#14]
I know a few guys that have XD guns and they shoot the crap out of them ,the one guy never cleans his. I think they have 45 cal also . I picked up a XDS 45 , stainless with fact night sights . 3.3 mod 2 and it has been flawless .
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 9:50:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 11:24:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Love mine. Super accurate, very much a point and shoot pistol.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 11:29:46 AM EDT
[#17]
I own a XD 4" Service model that was the first handgun I purchased a decade ago, and a XD Mod 2 9mm. Both are several years old, well made, the fit and finish is great, and I really like both of them. I
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 10:31:42 AM EDT
[#18]
You’ll like it OP. I have two XDm’s. They shoot everything. If you want to take it to the next level, order a PRP ultimate match trigger. Like the previous poster said, it is some trigger. Will immediately shrink your groups. Even I was stunned by the difference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top