Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2023 5:55:40 PM EDT
Just got back from the range, and just a heads up.

Hornady Critical Defense Ammunition 9mm Luger 115 Grain FTX is a no-go.
Stove pipe first round, FTE second, every round had to cycle by hand.

Federal Premium Defense 9mm Luger 147 Grain HST Jacketed Hollow Point, GTG.
No problems at all.

Igman FMJ, no problems.  

I'm really liking this pistol!
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I am jealous.  Been trying to get one for close to 2 years through my local toy store.  No joy.  I suppose I could go to a gouge dealer but not paying 8 or 900 for the gun.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 3:51:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NN300BLK] [#2]
Have you tried other bullet weights for the Critical Defense?

I had a FTF with the 100 gr Critical Defense when I tested it in my Hellcat. Everything else runs great so far.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:35:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven’t tried any self defense ammo, but my 9k serial number gun shoots 124s great and I have occasional stove pipes with 115 from multiple manufacturers.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 6:13:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NN300BLK:
Have you tried other bullet weights for the Critical Defense?

I had a FTF with the 100 gr Critical Defense when I tested it in my Hellcat. Everything else runs great so far.
View Quote

No I haven't, wish I had more self-defense ammo to test.
To be honest, I really didn't expect the Hornady to run well because of the extreme bullet angles.
But it wasn't a feeding problem, more of an ejection problem, not with the pistol, but like the ammo was to week to run the slide.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 6:15:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Springer1911Fan:
I haven’t tried any self defense ammo, but my 9k serial number gun shoots 124s great and I have occasional stove pipes with 115 from multiple manufacturers.
View Quote

Let us know if you do, would love to know more about using self-defense ammo.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 6:26:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Just another reason to avoid critical defense and only buy critical duty!

I watched a guy at the range run 50 rounds of 124 HST through his Springfield no problem. Sure it’s a small sample size but at least it worked.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 7:25:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Mindless:
I am jealous.  Been trying to get one for close to 2 years through my local toy store.  No joy.  I suppose I could go to a gouge dealer but not paying 8 or 900 for the gun.
View Quote

Current MSRP is now $799. So $800 is the new norm, sadly.

My LGS has them on GB, if you want to look. They're The Gun Crew of Old Hickory, TN.

I now have one but haven't shot it yet. Hope to this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 7:32:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top