Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2023 2:00:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bangz]
Does anyone have an SA-35 that has an audible or tactile trigger reset?

The trigger of my SA-45 has no audible or tactile reset.  The trigger break is great, but the reset is awful. You have to let the trigger move all the way forward before it can fire again. There is zero feedback on the reset.

While trying to fire a string, I short stroked the trigger and subsequently pulled a dead trigger more than once because I cannot feel any trigger reset. I own 4 Springfield 1911 variants, as well as countless other pistols. In 40 years of shooting, I’ve not experienced a trigger like this.

As an aside, the fit and finish (sharp edges) of the SA-45 make it a $400 gun at best.

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 4:17:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry for the results you are having with your pistol.  I have been trying to get a SA-35 for nearly 2 years with no luck.  Perhaps my luck is better than I thought.  I have nothing to offer regarding trigger reset.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 6:27:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bangz] [#2]
Gunbroker.com has a ton of them.
I’m thinking of sending it to MK3 Firearms for a trigger job as a solution, but it still has a lot of sharp edges. I didn’t plan to have to customize it to bring it up to snuff.

MK3 trigger
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Mine is fine, although I've only dry fired it.
Haven't been able to get out and shoot it yet.

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 6:35:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4FishLimit] [#4]
Is this your first HP variant, OP?

The lack of tactile/audible reset is a pretty well known HP complaint, sorta like the mushy safety as well.

The safety is easy to fix, as several places offer stiffer detent springs. I went with the Cylinder and Slide detent and spring kit personally. Aside from a stiffer spring it also includes a reshaped detent that’s a bit pointier that really firms up the on/off of the safety.

I also opted to replace the trigger reset spring with the ‘HD’ version from C&S as well. While it did help a little in terms of making the reset a little more tactile/audible, IMO it’s not a drastic enough change to really make it worth while.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 11:29:28 PM EDT
[#5]
This gun is a piece of shit. Mine has no audible or tactile trigger reset and SA returned it t me with a single sentence that this is “normal” for SA’s shitty new proprietary trigger. One would think that SA would have enough self respect to design a new trigger that at least wasn’t a POS that I need to send to C&S or MK3 for a $500 trigger job in order to get an audible or tactile reset. Then, the sharp edges on this crappy and poorly finished too small beaver tail isn’t helpful either. No hammer bite, but the sharp edges will cut you nonetheless. It’s NOT a reliable firearm. I have no less than 7 Springfields, including a variety of 1911s and some polymer wonders. SA, on this one, you done us the fucks. And now, I’m going to go trade mine in on anything else.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 11:34:35 PM EDT
[#6]
You must have gotten a different SA-35 than I did! No issues what so ever. My SN is over 20k
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 10:11:03 PM EDT
[#7]
That's a Hi-Power.

Mine was quite good, reset notwithstanding.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 5:05:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bangz:
This gun is a piece of shit. Mine has no audible or tactile trigger reset
View Quote

I wouldn't worry, you won't notice if you use it for other than target shooting.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 5:28:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a 1961 vintage FN made Hi-Power, an SA35 and a Girsan MC P35PI and they’re all that way. Those that had a magazine disconnect had it removed and that improved the trigger pull but if it’s an audible and tactile reset you want in a trigger like a Glock for example then the Hi-Power is not for you.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 1:01:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I can hear and feel the reset on mine.
Mine is my favorite gun to shoot.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 7:40:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Bangz:
This gun is a piece of shit. Mine has no audible or tactile trigger reset and SA returned it t me with a single sentence that this is “normal” for SA’s shitty new proprietary trigger. One would think that SA would have enough self respect to design a new trigger that at least wasn’t a POS that I need to send to C&S or MK3 for a $500 trigger job in order to get an audible or tactile reset. Then, the sharp edges on this crappy and poorly finished too small beaver tail isn’t helpful either. No hammer bite, but the sharp edges will cut you nonetheless. It’s NOT a reliable firearm. I have no less than 7 Springfields, including a variety of 1911s and some polymer wonders. SA, on this one, you done us the fucks. And now, I’m going to go trade mine in on anything else.
View Quote

C&S is now closed.  

The HP is almost impossible to get a good trigger out of. I've had several smiths tell me that.

I don't recall sharp edges but I haven't held mine in a long time, I need to revisit that, I guess?

Sharp edges are easily remedied at home. Did you not handle it before you bought it?
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 11:48:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Mine has a pretty quiet reset compared to most of my hammer fired pistols, but I don’t really see why that’s such a deal-breaking issue. The only thing that itks me about the trigger is the long reset but I’ve heard that’s pretty common in Hi Power pistols across the board. Other than that, I let a buddy of mine that’s shot his dad’s original Hi Power feel it and he said “God this thing’s trigger is way better than my dad’s Hi Power”.

Originally Posted By USPguy:

C&S is now closed.  

The HP is almost impossible to get a good trigger out of. I've had several smiths tell me that.

I don't recall sharp edges but I haven't held mine in a long time, I need to revisit that, I guess?

Sharp edges are easily remedied at home. Did you not handle it before you bought it?
View Quote

By C&S do you mean Cylinder and Slide? I just bought their Hi Power extractor w/ spring just in case I have the dreaded extractor issue with mine and they still sent me it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Willisinnawoods:
Mine has a pretty quiet reset compared to most of my hammer fired pistols, but I don’t really see why that’s such a deal-breaking issue. The only thing that itks me about the trigger is the long reset but I’ve heard that’s pretty common in Hi Power pistols across the board. Other than that, I let a buddy of mine that’s shot his dad’s original Hi Power feel it and he said “God this thing’s trigger is way better than my dad’s Hi Power”.

By C&S do you mean Cylinder and Slide? I just bought their Hi Power extractor w/ spring just in case I have the dreaded extractor issue with mine and they still sent me it.
View Quote

Yep. They are still selling remaining inventory, but when that is gone, game over. I also bought a C&S extractor just in case. The edges around the "beavertail" on mine are really sharp as well. I am just going to smooth them out a bit and touch up the raw metal somehow. Maybe I will get it hard chromed eventually.We shall see.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 2:51:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By JohnRippert:

Yep. They are still selling remaining inventory, but when that is gone, game over. I also bought a C&S extractor just in case. The edges around the "beavertail" on mine are really sharp as well. I am just going to smooth them out a bit and touch up the raw metal somehow. Maybe I will get it hard chromed eventually.We shall see.
View Quote

I hate to hear that; hopefully USPS eventually comes through because my extractor was supposed to be here Friday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top