Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2019 9:45:59 AM EDT
basically a P11 with a rail and a safety.  See them selling for a hair north of $300.  10rd mag.  Still plastic sights...
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 4:37:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a ruger fan huh?
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 8:25:18 PM EDT
[#2]
They've been putting out hot garbage lately.   It's truly a head scratcher.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 8:30:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Ruger: Making KelTecs that work!
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 8:41:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Looks fine to me. I’ll never buy one tho.

It kinda blows my mind just how many companies are putting out CC pistols these days. You think the market would be saturated by now. We have had 20years of really sold modern CC guns made. Still makes me scratch my head.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/424008/291DB207-8E4B-49EF-9767-A7D23E88ACD5_png-903641.JPG

It kinda blows my mind just how many companies are putting out CC pistols these days. You think the market would be saturated by now. We have had 20years of really sold modern CC guns made. Still makes me scratch my head.
View Quote
The market constantly changes and people love chasing it. That being said the newer modern tiny 9's are pretty cool and something that hasn't been around forever.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 9:04:13 PM EDT
[#6]
The Sig 365 I view as new and somewhat ground breaking. Everything else is just the same old thing to me.

And as someone who owns a G26 and a G42 something truly special has to get me motivated buy. The Sig 365 almost does it for me but the issues they are having keep me from buying.

I guess we have a large number of first time gun buyers each year which is kinda where I see the gun excelling in sales at. That’s a great thing by the way.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 9:16:29 PM EDT
[#7]
The P11 is an inch shorter, slightly thinner, hammer fired DAO, 4 ounces lighter.  In fact it's smaller and higher capacity than the Sig 365.

The Ruger is closer to a Glock 26, so how is it a P11 clone?
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 9:28:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The P11 is an inch shorter, slightly thinner, hammer fired DAO, 4 ounces lighter.  In fact it's smaller and higher capacity than the Sig 365.

View Quote
I have never really looked at the P11. And from a few images online it’s a heck of a lot smaller than the G26. Would like to see some of those cool transparent overlay images of the 365 vs P11 that someone on here does.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 9:48:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The Sig 365 I view as new and somewhat ground breaking. Everything else is just the same old thing to me.

And as someone who owns a G26 and a G42 something truly special has to get me motivated buy. The Sig 365 almost does it for me but the issues they are having keep me from buying.

I guess we have a large number of first time gun buyers each year which is kinda where I see the gun excelling in sales at. That’s a great thing by the way.
View Quote
The single stack 9mm market was a lot slimmer and in my opinion still has plenty of room to grow. Kahr was the only real game in town forever and the trigger really turned a lot of people off because they were hard to shoot well. PPS Shield 42 were all improvements and they keep getting better.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 11:05:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Fire control unit and the entire gun design is a stolen KelTec design.  Just supersized.  Look at an exploded view of each.  Basically identical internally...just like the LCP & the P3AT
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 11:11:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Fire control unit and the entire gun design is a stolen KelTec design.  Just supersized.  Look at an exploded view of each.  Basically identical internally...just like the LCP & the P3AT
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So are these DAO hammer guns?
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 7:53:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So are these DAO hammer guns?
View Quote
sort of.  They have no restrike as they fire from the half cocked position.  But yes, they are hammer fired.  Ruger changed the trigger bar on the LCP II and the Security 9 to pull the sear rather than the hammer like on the original KelTec design.  That allows for a lighter trigger pull with less travel.  Go watch a detail disassembly video of the Security 9 on Youtube if you want to see how it works.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#13]
If it is close to the SR9C in size, I might pick one up as an extra for my cc rotation. I am sad to see the SR series go away.
Great shooting pistols, and I could remove 2 of the 3 biggest complaints people had of them quicker than upgrading a glock shitty trigger. The thumb safety can just be ignored, which was the 3rd complaint,
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The thumb safety can just be ignored, which was the 3rd complaint,
View Quote
It is easily removed on the "Security" line.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#15]
I will have to see how much they are on gun deals. I considered getting another sr9c, as they are great pistols, and my favorite carry gun. I might grab one of these and shoot the piss out of it and see how it does. I have never had issues with any of them except a p95 that took 2 pulls of the trigger to fire some steel cased  ammo.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 12:56:58 AM EDT
[#16]
So they took a concept, improved it, changed the styling, made it more reliable, produced them in greater numbers to increase availability, added features, and in a smaller frame?

Some clones get tons of positive attention (Tanfo, Canik), but Ruger is evil for modifying something that Kellgren chose not to patent?
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:03:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
but Ruger is evil for modifying something
View Quote
who said that?
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 1:24:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
who said that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
but Ruger is evil for modifying something
who said that?
You did, I just paraphrased it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#19]
I hate to break it to people but "browning action locking block" has been pretty much 75% of the pistol industry for quite a few years,  blow back has been 20%,  with the last 5% being novel or oddball designs (gas retarded blow back(HK p7, walther CCP) rotating block(CX9 bereta ), couple direct impingment gas blow back(desert eagle, and Webley from deathwish). I'm sure I'm being way to general but there hasn't been a "NEW" design for pistols in a while. striker fired was a pretty novel idea back in 1980, but that was nearly 40 years. any  significant improvements since then, refinements(standard rail sizes, abdidextrious stuff, size lines with mags swappable (glock 26, 19 17), safety triggers)  but no groundbreaking stuff?
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They've been putting out hot garbage lately.   It's truly a head scratcher.
View Quote
you wouldnt be scratching your head if you were laughing all the way to the bank with the revenue...
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 7:29:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/424008/291DB207-8E4B-49EF-9767-A7D23E88ACD5_png-903641.JPG

View Quote
where Ruger is making the money is the brand name and the customer service/support that companies like keltec and others cant match
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 9:01:45 PM EDT
[#22]
So... when will Ruger steal copy clone design their own RDB or PLR-16?
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 3:48:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Or better yet, a pmr30 improvement that doesn't have 20 or so Chinese sourced screws holding it together.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 6:36:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Or better yet, a pmr30 improvement that doesn't have 20 or so Chinese sourced screws holding it together.
View Quote
would be nice if RIA would make one of those ^^^ with a milled aluminum frame
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 12:43:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

would be nice if RIA would make one of those ^^^ with a milled aluminum frame
View Quote
If ria did one, the hammer would snap off shortly into the second magazine.
All the fcg holes would be in some asshole metric size.
You would be forced to purchase oversized forged parts to fix their junk and the grips would never fit right.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 1:17:13 PM EDT
[#26]
I had a chance to attend an organized youth/beginner shooting class as a volunteer instructor. Ruger Security 9s and ammo were provided by the venue. Easily one of the worst handguns I’ve ever had the pleasure of trying. Terrible trigger. Difficult and gritty to rack. The slide stop was extremely hard to drop.

After about 30 minutes minutes during a break, another volunteer instructor and I went to our vehicles and got our car-guns. Both were bone stock Glock 19s with weapon lights...

We spent the rest of the time using our own Glocks to loan out during training.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 9:08:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I had a chance to attend an organized youth/beginner shooting class as a volunteer instructor. Ruger Security 9s and ammo were provided by the venue. Easily one of the worst handguns I’ve ever had the pleasure of trying. Terrible trigger. Difficult and gritty to rack. The slide stop was extremely hard to drop.

After about 30 minutes minutes during a break, another volunteer instructor and I went to our vehicles and got our car-guns. Both were bone stock Glock 19s with weapon lights...

View Quote
This is exactly the opposite of my experience with the S-9.  Fit and finish is on par with any other polymer gun, no problems with the slide or internals. The trigger is as good as most, and better than some contemporary striker triggers.

I'm planning on getting a Compact if I see one locally and can put my hands on it first.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 11:16:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
I traded my Security-9 but not because it totally sucked.  The trigger is far better than a stock Glock and it ran 100%.  Not as accurate as my Glocks but it’s not a bad pistol.  Feels the same as any poly gun.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This is exactly the opposite of my experience with the S-9.  Fit and finish is on par with any other polymer gun, no problems with the slide or internals. The trigger is as good as most, and better than some contemporary striker triggers.

I'm planning on getting a Compact if I see one locally and can put my hands on it first.
View Quote
I concur. I tried out the Ruger Security-9 during a demo day at big gun shop that has it's own range. I almost bought one right on the spot I was so impressed. The introductory price was $299, I almost did it but decided to buy some ammo instead.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 6:42:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I almost did it but decided to buy some ammo instead.
View Quote
smart move
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 2:01:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
I call bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 6:34:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Well, bought one today.
It should compliment my regular Security 9 and SR9e well.
This thing does smell like old school brake free clp, the kind wiff teflon in it.
Really the only thing to bitch about so far is I'm thinking about slapping the frame in the mill and taking off the warnings.
I hates warnings although these are tiny in comparison to when Bill used to full RETARD them on Rugers.

And the Block guy is full of shiet.
I own a couple of those too.
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 8:10:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm thinking about slapping the frame in the mill and taking off the warnings.
View Quote
Do it

Post pics
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 11:57:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 2:53:42 AM EDT
[#35]
I bought a Security 9 full size a few months back. The trigger is not bad.  I like it.  The sights are highly visible and interchange with different colors Ruger sells.
I have probably fired 500 rounds of all kinds with not one problem.
No brass to face, no weak ejection, nothing.
Only two complaints I have are it feels a little nose heavy and spare magazines are atrocious in price. I like it better than my SD9VE.
It is more than accurate for self defense.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top