Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2019 8:38:03 PM EDT
I traded for a p89 and it would not function correctly.  I found the frame broken were the sear pin goes.  I am debate I I should send it back to ruger. It is a 2006 gun but is discontinued. I called  them they said if it is not repairable  ( which I don't see how it could be) they would  discount a current model.  The discount  is based on condition of my gun. I have read were ruger has given new guns at no charge but also were ruger kept the unsafe gun and offered a gun at half price or more. I'm  not sure I like the sr9 or ruger american that would  be the options. Also don't know if offer is based on full retail which could  easily be the discount amount higher than what you can by one for. Also could by a frame if i could find one. Any thoughts or experience  welcome.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 11:23:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Best to call Ruger and ask
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 11:26:33 PM EDT
[#2]
SR9
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 11:02:50 AM EDT
[#3]
The SR9, if it is an option, is a really nice pistol.  The trigger is slightly gritty but gets better with time. They are built like tanks without have the tank look or weight. Mine would function with anything I put through it. I sold it to a friend I took shooting one time with it and he fell in love with it. I am sorry I sold it as it was just plain old reliable and tough but sleek. I don't care for the American though. It just looks like it was thrown together in the spur of the moment but people that have them,like them.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 8:19:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I would swap it for a new model. I have never heard of a P series frame cracking. It seems odd that it would crack at that spot

They are not worth much. I buy them for $200 all the time
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 7:58:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't see how or why it would break there. It is going  to ruger. We will see what they will do. I like the sr9 ok but would like to feel  an American before I decide.  No local shop has one in stock. The Sr is being discontinued so I'm not sure if it is the best choice.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 9:15:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Ruger is great. Sent it in ,they said it was not repairable.  Gave me choice of any sr seires.  Only took about a week and a half from time I shipped till I reciver the replacement.  Ruger  took great care of me. Will buy more made in America rugers!
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 9:25:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Great to hear! Did you happen to take a picture of the broken frame? This is the first time I have heard of one breaking.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 11:05:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't have a picture.  It was broken at the rear rail through  the pin holes for the sear pin. I have never seen or heard or one broken either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top