Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2019 10:44:14 AM EDT
Who has one?  How do you like it?  Any issues?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 11:30:13 AM EDT
[#1]
My friend has one and she's very happy with it, and uses it for concealed carry.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 5:15:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My friend has one and she's very happy with it, and uses it for concealed carry.
View Quote
Thanks for the reply....I may try one out.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 9:49:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I have been looking for one on Armslist.

The 9mm doesn't loose much velocity compared to the 38 in a short barrel.

MAC has a video on this comparing the 9mm to the 357 magnum.

The magnum has violent recoil and the 9mm is mild in comparison

Of course the 357 quickly out paces the 9mm when the barrel becomes longer

The only downside to the 9mm revolver is that you need to use moonclips to reload.

They are a pain in the ass to carry IMHO

A revolver is slow to reload anyway in comparison to any semi though

I figure I have to take care of the problem in 5 shots or I am screwed anyway. I do carry and extra speed strip though
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 8:23:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I had one and traded it in less than 2 days. Problem was during recoil of firing some of the bullets in other cylinder holes would work out of the case and jam the cylinder. Yes, factory 9mm.  I guess they were not crimped in place.
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 3:11:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had one and traded it in less than 2 days. Problem was during recoil of firing some of the bullets in other cylinder holes would work out of the case and jam the cylinder. Yes, factory 9mm.  I guess they were not crimped in place.
View Quote
I'd like to know the specifics of the ammo in question. Maker, bullet and load.
Some of the Remington UMC brand don't seal the case mouth but depend on a cannelure in the case to prevent bullet setback.
I recall a similar issue with S+W Centennial revolvers with Scandium frames and 158 grain .357 Magnum loads.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 12:40:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I have an SP101 in 9mm, and have had zero issues with the pistol or rounds.
I like it, shoots great and cheaper to shoot than .38 or .357.
I installed Wolff springs 10# hammer and 8# trigger return spring. Makes a world of difference when shooting double action.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 8:13:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a LCR 9mm.  Ended up selling it.  It just felt like it was going to explode in my hands whenever I shot it.  But sometimes I do regret selling it.  It definitely was the lightest and most concealable pistol I've ever owned.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 6:40:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got one in 357 real cheap, I shot about 11 rounds through it now i’m In the market for one in .22 LR... my wrist hurts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top