Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2021 11:56:47 AM EDT
I have Rock Island 9mm M1911 TAC Ultra FS HC (what a loooong name), and I would like to swap out the internals.
The trigger isn't that good and I think quite a few MIM parts were used.

Does anyone know which drop in internal kit for lighter and more crisp trigger pull for my RIA?
Any oversized safety and trigger also work on above RIA?

My goal is to make a poor man's 2011 for local competitions.
Already ordered Taylor Freelance magwell and mag extensions...
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 5/13/2021 12:26:36 PM EDT
[#1]
iirc para type trigger, magazine release.

rest should be standard 1911 internals.

Im a fan of EGW parts, but a little fitting gives the best trigger that will last over 20,000.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 12:33:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Hooper Gun Works has triggers that fit the Para/1911A2 frames.  I'd order through their ebay store, I sent them an email via their webpage and haven't heard back.  At least with eBay you have some recourse.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 2:41:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I heard good things about EGW... will look into it.
thanks!

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
iirc para type trigger, magazine release.

rest should be standard 1911 internals.

Im a fan of EGW parts, but a little fitting gives the best trigger that will last over 20,000.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2021 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice! will check out their parts as well... thank you!

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hooper Gun Works has triggers that fit the Para/1911A2 frames.  I'd order through their ebay store, I sent them an email via their webpage and haven't heard back.  At least with eBay you have some recourse.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/2/2021 10:26:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I put a guncraft trigger in mine. Had to shave off some grip panel as it was a little too squared off in back end.  Nice trigger though. Wish I hadn't sold it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:07:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I went with the Harrison Design Extreme Service Ignition Set.  I did have a minor problem in that the sear would not drop into place properly.  It was a very tight fit, and had to be narrowed a bit. Another set if the same kind worked just fine in my SAI.  So, I don't know if the sear was made slightly out of spec, or, if the sear pocket in the RIA frame was not milled correctly.  Only took a few minutes to narrow it, and my Rock now has a very nice trigger pull.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top