Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2020 1:41:21 PM EDT
I've replaced sights on many a pistol in my day. When I made the transition to the P320 RX as my EDC, I longed for a spare (2 is 1, 1 is none; you get it). I found a P320 RX, NIB for a great price. It was a GB deal, and I bit. When I picked up the gun from my FFL, it had suppressor height sights, but they weren't night sights. It was still a good deal, so I bought some Trijicon Night Sights and decided to go to work. I have a Sig P-Series pusher, but I read that it wouldn't work. I have a dedicated Glock pusher, which I knew was not going to work. So I used a eBay sight pusher, that I probably shouldn't have used. It's just not that great of a pusher. Anywho, I get the rear sight in, no problem. Except that it left a mark where the pusher impacted the rear sight. I removed the front sight, and attempted to install the new Trijicon. But it looked warped. So, I sent the front sight too Trijicon. They replaced the from sight, but indicated that the damage to the sight was due to the fact that I installed it incorrectly. Specifically, they said I installed the front sight from the wrong side of the frame. Honestly, I don't ever remember that making a difference. But, you can learn something new every day.

My question is this; from what side of the slide should I install the from sight? I also bought a Vism Sight Pusher, which was actually recommended by Sig as being good sight pusher. I'm ready. Just tell me what side of the slide I need to start from.  Lastly, if the Vism pusher is crap, what sight pusher do you use?

For the TLDR crowd; what side of the slide do I need to begin the installation of replacement sights on a Sig P320 RX? Or does it make a difference. Also, if the Vism pusher is crap, what sight pusher do you use?
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#1]
You could measure each side of the slot with a caliper if you are concerned that they are milled in some non-uniform way.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 7:47:04 PM EDT
[#2]
They come out from right to left as of you’re looking down the slide from the rear. I just put some xray suppressor heights on my rx compact. I use the mgw range master sight pusher.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 10:47:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They come out from right to left as of you’re looking down the slide from the rear. I just put some xray suppressor heights on my rx compact. I use the mgw range master sight pusher.
View Quote
Does that mean that they should be installed from left to right? Thank for the reply!
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 10:58:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Does that mean that they should be installed from left to right? Thank for the reply!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From the left side of the slide to the right.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:27:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top