Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2021 1:03:47 PM EDT
Am considering a buckmark, how is recent quality?  I would look at ruger, Taurus, s&w, or keltec, but I'm seeing comments about recent quality for all of those.  The forums seem silent about buckmark, in general, so with the comments about the others being negarive, Browning rises to the top.

I have several generations of ruger mk's, that have functioned well.  The only I don't have is a Lite.

I'm seeking a reasonably accurate, suppressible, reliable 22, that I won't mind banging up a little.

I had a m41, that's too nice for "banging up a little".  A scratch would be a crime.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 6:19:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a new Buckmark URX 5.5" towards the end of the summer and it's a nice gun. I need to shoot either MiniMags or the more expensive HV Fed bulk through it if I want it to be reliable. Accuracy is also really good but I did replace the OEM trigger with a flat trigger from TK and removed the mag disconnect because it supposedly helps the trigger pull feel.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 12:00:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Buckmarks have always been “tight” when new. A few boxes of the high powered stuff and a good scrub mine have always run on more normal stuff. They are by far the best 22 pistols in my opinion.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine's an older one, but I don't think you'll be disappointed with the newer ones because from what I've seen, quality seems the same. To me, it doesn't feel as heavy, or have that sewing machine feel when shooting that the framed MKs do, but it's lighter, has a much better factory trigger than the Rugers, and for suppressing, it's a lot more practical because you can buy, or send out, just the barrel, if it needs to be threated.  If I had a suppressor, I'd have a really short, threated, dedicated barrel just for that.

Good luck with your project.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 3:43:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Acquired a cabelas buckmark special edition.  It came threaded with a 4.4" barrel.  Seems solid, but I have not used it yet.  Only one mag included vs two for ruger.

Holy crap, cabelas process is frustrating, and the employees are unmotivated.  Thanks, bass pro.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top