Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2015 10:10:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BROvet04]
So I found some of these parts in my Gen 1 Glock 17 slide and my LE trade in G23.

The black parts in my G17 gen 1 were part of the 6 part recall. A Glock Armorer can get the new parts and replace for free.

You should also should have the extractor on the right.

The black striker safety should not be black like this one.

It should look like this. This is the current part.

Also make sure you have the correct spring loaded bearing. It should not be on short on the side that goes into the spring. The fat ended one goes with the non LCI extractor

Also make sure your trigger bar is not black

On compact frames like the Glock 19 or 23 make sure you have the new slide lock spring which is the fat one on the left

On older Glock 40 S&W pistols make sure you have the newer ejector which is the 1882 or the newer gen 4 version. Not the 4340.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:23:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Good info.

Thanks, OP.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:33:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Collectors will sometimes pay more for a Gen 1 with all of the recalled parts still in it.  I wouldn't throw those out if you ever plan on selling it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:36:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Post that in the Glock information thread that is really good info.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:52:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ishoot2live:
Good info.

Thanks, OP.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:41:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BROvet04] [#5]
Originally Posted By TheJeanyus:
Collectors will sometimes pay more for a Gen 1 with all of the recalled parts still in it.  I wouldn't throw those out if you ever plan on selling it.
View Quote

I'll keep them but I will never sell the gun! I asked a mod to tag it, will see what happens.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:23:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 6:28:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll keep my "Black" parts in my Gen 1's. It's kind of like having a USGI 1911. Then putting modern sights on it. They aren't making the old parts anymore. If Glock replaces them, or a Glock Armorer, you don't get the old parts back. The "Black" trigger is the best Glock trigger I have had out of the box. Now, if it's a carry piece that your life depends on , up grade it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 12:04:57 AM EDT
[#8]
As an owner of a year-one G17, and a year 2 G19--how do I get these "Better" parts for free, without sending my pistol in?  Could I take the Glock armorers course and DIY?
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 12:58:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By dmb4765:
As an owner of a year-one G17, and a year 2 G19--how do I get these "Better" parts for free, without sending my pistol in?  Could I take the Glock armorers course and DIY?
View Quote

You don't even really need to take an armorer's course.  These things are stupidly simple to take apart/put back together.  There are several books on the subject as well as videos all over the internet.  You can order all of the parts from Brownells, Midway, Glockmeister, etc.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 6:29:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#10]

View Quote
What is a Glock 17 made in Nov 91 worth these days?

I have never replaced anything on it, she goes bang everytime

Free

Link Posted: 10/18/2015 7:08:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 9:49:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:

Free

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:

Free

If it is a NEW IN THE BOX, never fired , first 1,000 with the separate shell holder and all matching numbers( weapon, box and papers) in perfect condition I have seen $1000. However, fired gen 1 , ive seen go for $500 most of the time. but it all depends on how bad someone wants it. But gen 1 is not very rare, but a gen 1 NIB in prefect condition and all matching numbers and everything in pristine condition, first 1,000  is very rare.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

I wouldn't throw out a milled extractor for a cast one that throws brass in your face.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 9:45:34 AM EDT
[#14]
One other related thing early Glocks do not have a slot at the rear of the locking lug . It was added later on Gen 2 guns. They are now adding that slot to older guns . It is supposed to eliminate frame cracking . I have 1 Gen 2 with a slot and one without . Glock has a jig to properly cut the slot .
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 10:54:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 303_enfield:
I'll keep my "Black" parts in my Gen 1's. It's kind of like having a USGI 1911. Then putting modern sights on it. They aren't making the old parts anymore. If Glock replaces them, or a Glock Armorer, you don't get the old parts back. The "Black" trigger is the best Glock trigger I have had out of the box. Now, if it's a carry piece that your life depends on , up grade it.
View Quote

my thoughts exactly
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 9:53:18 PM EDT
[#16]

The Glock 42 mags are now on their 4th generation, from the factory.

I was getting slide lock when stripping the 1st or 2nd round out of a mag, when shooting from a chambered round.

I called Glock, and they told me that if I have the mags ending in -02, send them in with explanation of problem, and they will mail replacements (end in -03) immediately.

they said that the mags have a little more meat on the left side so the bullet can't slide left and push the slide lock up.

Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:22:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I want to keep my Gen 2 G23 original (or at lest keep the original parts for the collector's value).  A Glock armorer will not be touching my Gen2.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 10:39:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rickyc] [#18]
I guess I don't understand. If Glock changes (upgrades) a part they must have a reason. Why wouldn't you want them installed? What is the drawback? Why would I want to keep the old parts?

I have a Gen. 1 G-23 I bought when they first hit the market. (I was told all G-23s were Gen.2 or later). It was gone over about 8 years ago. Are the parts listed here later than that so I should have it upgraded again?

Am thinking of getting a G-19 (heard Gen. 5 is on the way with no finger grooves). Then I can get a .357 Sig bbl. and an Advantage Arms .22 kit and have a really nice combo.

Have heard my old G-23 only has 2 lugs and won't take a .357 or 9mm or .22 kit.

I'm still learning so any help really appreciated.

Thanks - Rick
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:16:07 PM EDT
[#19]
This might also help some people, when looking for or buying used/trade in Glocks.
looserounds.com Buying-LE-Trade-In/Used-Glocks and what-to-look-for
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 8:14:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Look at ruger blackhawks. They offer a free upgrade for models made before they put the firing pin block in. Models without the upgrade sell for several hundred dollars more, if not double.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 9:01:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:

You should, there is a safety issue this recall fixed.  The striker can stick and fire when a round is chambered.

This is a free upgrade.
View Quote
Apparently they aren't immune to finding out their guns can and will be dangerous to the operator. And it's during a normal operation, not even being mishandled.

No gun can be tested to perfection before it's release. Nothing more to add.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Is there a complete list of the modified parts for the G42 somewhere?  I've read about magazine upgrades, some new version parts being "necessary" while others were not, and so on, but I can't find jack about how to contact Glock for any of this.  Here's an example: my new-to-me G42 came with one -2 magazine; those are supposed to be replaced by Glock, but how do I get that done?

Do I just wait to have a problem then contact Glock about the problem?
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 3:09:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Anti_Russian] [#23]
I'm a fan of keeping these original parts - nobody considers Glocks collectible, but someday they will be.  At that time, I want an original example of what I bought.  I have that, now, so I'll pay to buy the Gen 2 upgrade parts, but they can't have my parts in exchange.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 7:02:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By GHPorter:
Is there a complete list of the modified parts for the G42 somewhere?  I've read about magazine upgrades, some new version parts being "necessary" while others were not, and so on, but I can't find jack about how to contact Glock for any of this.  Here's an example: my new-to-me G42 came with one -2 magazine; those are supposed to be replaced by Glock, but how do I get that done?

Do I just wait to have a problem then contact Glock about the problem?
View Quote
@GHPorter

http://looserounds.com/2014/05/10/glock-appears-to-have-made-changes-to-the-g42/
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 10:55:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#25]
Holy Thread Resurrection!

Oh yeah, and #FUCKPHOTOSUCKIT for breaking the internet image knowledge base.  I wish that every person formerly or currently employed by that company be found out to have news that will lead to the arrest and conviction of Hillary Clinton.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 6:54:27 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote
I contacted Glock directly, since my 42 came with a recalled magazine.  They sent me a new, upgraded one, and verified that my 42 was up to date from its serial number.  Your link was interesting reading, though.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 11:08:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: boywonder777] [#27]
I just found out the OP of this thread has passed.

RIP William

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/RIP-BROvet04-William-Doyal-Oct-25-2018/123-756655/

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top